Can Brendan Schaub ONE DAY become a UFC Champion?

If you buy me a ps4 I will win him the belt Phone Post 3.0

Champion at what tiddly winks? He has lost 4 of his last 6 fights!

^at one point Lawler lost 6 of his last 8 fights.  at another point 3 of his last 5.

Mark Hunt lost 6 in a row over 4 years and had a good chance of beating Werdum.

apples to oranges but anything is possible, fruitcake.

In a word...no.

Anything can happen.. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe. But it sure as shit won't be at heavyweight. Phone Post 3.0

Should consider drop to 205. Phone Post 3.0

If he's the only hw left on the roster. Phone Post 3.0

Not unless he changes shit up Phone Post 3.0

MediumRareMistake - If you buy me a ps4 I will win him the belt Phone Post 3.0

He's not even in the game.

Nope, he just doesn't have the needed skills.  Joe was right, with someone who's standup is rudementary as Schuabs he should not be in there trying to stand and bang with top 10 ranked fighters.  Has he even beaten anyone in the current top 15?   Seems like every higher level guy he fights catches him

FOR SURE

GeoDim - 

another thing he complained about that Fox probably went back and edited out.

I would like to see him move to Holland seriously and train stand up with those animals for a year or more and see how he looked. His movement is stiff and I dont think dropping in weight will help that.

I think he would be best suited to train with Dutch strikers and monster wrestlers and just leave bjj alone for a while. Look at what Chute Boxe did for Werdun years ago. Did anybody think back in Pride he would be able to strike, ever? He was flinching, slapping, and diving for guard every fight

Who cares? Let Schaub live his life however he wants. Not everyone is going to be a champ some day, does that mean they shouldn't fight? As long as his desire to fight is still there let him fight.

I would love to se BJ fight again but all you guys are telling him to retire. Yes I know he's done enough for the sport but ultimately its his decision not ours. I think he said he lost the desire so him retiring makes sense.

Congrats to Jens Pulver and any other older fighter for continuing to do what you love.

xsrg95 - FOR SURE

Does that make sense?

naw

I'd be curious to see how he'd do at 205 though

Anything is possible. Regardless he is a great dude, I agree with Joe in that I hope he retires before brain damage, I'm sure he already has some (Him and Mittrione joked about it abit on FATK)

babbling monkey - Who cares? Let Schaub live his life however he wants. Not everyone is going to be a champ some day, does that mean they shouldn't fight? As long as his desire to fight is still there let him fight.

I would love to se BJ fight again but all you guys are telling him to retire. Yes I know he's done enough for the sport but ultimately its his decision not ours. I think he said he lost the desire so him retiring makes sense.

Congrats to Jens Pulver and any other older fighter for continuing to do what you love.

Yeah but it is extremely difficult for guys like BJ to keep their training habits and expect to compete at the level they want as they age. Do you think BJ wants to fight mid rank guys for a paycheck while he doesn't have to worry about money?

Jens is happy fighting wherever, that's different. If BJ can't compete in the elite he doesn't want to fight and he can't get back to that unless he's prepared to change up his entourage as they have been his downfall.

Schaub should do what he wants but it wasn't the not being champ he is more offended by, Rogan said he would never be elite and Schaub OBVIOUSLY wants to do this to be considered elite. It;s all in the perspective goals for each fighter. Jens needs money, BJ doesn't Schaub seems to now because of the Reebok deal but even then it's up to Jens and Schaub but they can't come back later if they do have issues and say they weren't aware either.

GeoDim -

So no then? Phone Post