Can we stop with the "stand and trade" nonsense..?

After being straight taken to school by Mousasi, Manhoef goes on to say, "I thought he would stand with me. I thought he had balls, but he didn’t."

We've heard this time and time again. "Stand-up" fighters criticizing other fighters for executing a good game plan in a MMA fight.

What's worse, some of you newbs agree with this mentality - like our official UG Retard, CRE.

If Manhoef wants to "stand and trade", he should go into kickboxing... except he did and got KO'ed badly by Ray Sefo in about 2 minutes.

The bottom line is that this is MMA. The entire PURPOSE of the sport is take advantage of the weaknesses of your opponent. Did Royce not teach us anything? Did Mo Smith not show you a thing? Learn how to FORCE your opponent to fight YOUR fight.

Manhoef is a bitch. Instead of dissing his opponent, he should be pointing the finger at himself and taking responsibility for his own lack of training in arguably the most important part of this sport, the ground game.

wow i hadn't heard this.

makes me not like Manhoef, and i really liked him before this fight.

Yes.

It would be just as dumb for a submission artist to complain about his opponent standing up out of his guard. Or maybe even just defending a takedown.

If he just wants to stand and trade with guys then call out peeps who do just that or accept fights against guys who just do that

The reason he said that is because Mousasi said in countless interviews leading up to this fight that he wanted to stand with him

Its Manhoefs own fault for believing him lol but you need to take his words in a proper context

I always chuckle a little at this as well. Even if a guy says he'll stand and trade, you can't just assume that it is going to be the case.

I don't ever recall hearing a submission guy say, "I really thought he would go to the ground with me, but I guess he just isn't tough enough"

Diego stole my name - The reason he said that is because Mousasi said in countless interviews leading up to this fight that he wanted to stand with him

Its Manhoefs own fault for believing him lol but you need to take his words in a proper context

So you agree that Mousasi is a smart man? Perfect strategy, imo.

MNFAN - I always chuckle a little at this as well. Even if a guy says he'll stand and trade, you can't just assume that it is going to be the case.

I don't ever recall hearing a submission guy say, "I really thought he would go to the ground with me, but I guess he just isn't tough enough"

But you do get that actually. All of the time you see some BJJ butt-scooter sitting on his ass, waving at this opponent to "come on down" - ALL THE TIME. I have the same disrespect for these guys.

If you want the fight on the ground - take your opponent down. If you wan the fight standing - don't let your opponent take you down. It's that simple.

I dont care either way. Only that you were judging an incident without knowing all the facts

Diego stole my name - I dont care either way. Only that you were judging an incident without knowing all the facts

Nope. I knew quite well that Mousasi had said in interviews that he would stand.

So what? It's MMA. MMA fights consist of standing and grappling.

True he is a bitch. Along with Wanderlei Silva etc

kinda like royler said sak had no honor, he wouldnt fight him on the ground

Diego stole my name - True he is a bitch. Along with Wanderlei Silva etc

That was more of a personal rivalry dig with Arona. He never said that about any other fighter trying to take him down.

Kakkarotto_san - After being straight taken to school by Mousasi, Manhoef goes on to say, "I thought he would stand with me. I thought he had balls, but he didn't."

Somewhere, Gilbert Yvel heard this, sat up in his chair and yelled, "That is what I've been fucking saying!"

CRE - I don't agree with the mentality that you speak of.

I do agree with Manhoef, he talked a lot about wanting to trade and he didn't even test the waters.

Mousasi will be exposed.

PS

You're still a geek.

LOL at you calling anyone a geek you fucktard. Please enlighten us with your brilliant MMA knowledge some more. There's probably not a single person alive who puts so much effort into something and is still so terrible at it as you. You have 30K posts in 2 years and you still don't understand basic MMA concepts. go jack off to your rich franklin tapes and leave the adults alone.

^Wow, just wow.

Seriously Cre, why would you think anyone listen to you or trust your opinion? I dont know of anyone anywhere that makes more terrible predictions.

Do you all not understand CRE is trolling? Seriously, calm down. It gets annoying having to skip over so many posts where people call him an idiot because he "doesn't udnerstand MMA."

Hollywood Blonde - 
Kakkarotto_san - After being straight taken to school by Mousasi, Manhoef goes on to say, "I thought he would stand with me. I thought he had balls, but he didn't."

Somewhere, Gilbert Yvel heard this, sat up in his chair and yelled, "That is what I've been fucking saying!"

So true. He's one of the old school originators of that mentality, although I'd dare say several of those guys have been Dutch kickboxers. Either stick to kickboxing or get ready to grapple.

It does go both ways, though. In the early days there were a ton of BJJers scooting around and whining because anyone with any wrestling background would stuff their takedown attempts and keep the fight vertical.

If you can't make your opponent fight your fight, at least learn to do something crazy like Imanari.

Chagrin - Yes.

It would be just as dumb for a submission artist to complain about his opponent standing up out of his guard. Or maybe even just defending a takedown.

This used to be the case for pure BJJ guys.
Remember the fights of them lying on their back, refusing to get up and calling their opponent to come down to the ground to fight them.