Can you explain the difference

Between the BJJ triangle that Rolls stole out of a judo book in the 1970's and the triangle choke that's been in judo since the 1800's?

Is the BJJ triangle better because it's a hundred years younger? 

Youth is often a deciding factor in fights, Ive seen that in ufc...

Who cares?

spg - Who cares?

People who are bjj nuthuggers. They get angry about stuff like this.

spg cares, he's just trying to act like he doesnt in order to save face...

secretly, he wants to know...

TrainBJJ - Between the BJJ triangle that Rolls stole out of a judo book in the 1970's and the triangle choke that's been in judo since the 1800's?

Wasn't Rolls, was one of Rolls students. 

If the triangle choke is valid, and I it is obviously a very strong choke, who cares where it came from?

Huge difference! The judo one is NEVER seen in judo.

OH!!! That's a horse of a different color then...

So Rolls Gracie, (the best gracie ever) didnt know a triangle choke and had his student show him?

Bet he was lethal!

^LOL @ that novel

Nice Job Stephen King

Your fiction is brilliant!

Is this the fighting world's equivalent to not liking a band once they get popular?

THE TRIANGLE IS A FUCKIN SELLOUT NOW MAN

uniqueid09 -

I seriously doubt that a guard centric art like BJJ was oblivious to one of the most effective guard oriented submission holds for over 50 years. BJJ players had a greater chance of discovering it by accident, than waiting for Rolls to pull it from a Judo book decades later.

Exactly.

The fact that the triangle wasnt in BJJ until the late 70's is a fact...Cry all you want...

IT IS 100% FACT!

Fact > doubt 

TrainBJJ - The fact that the triangle wasnt in BJJ until the late 70's is a fact...Cry all you want...

IT IS 100% FACT!

source for your fact?

TrainBJJ - ^LOL @ that novel

Nice Job Stephen King

Your fiction is brilliant!

so basically you just tapped out of this thread.

What makes it more effective...is it the way a south american man moves in tight jeans?

DannyOcean - 
TrainBJJ - The fact that the triangle wasnt in BJJ until the late 70's is a fact...Cry all you want...

IT IS 100% FACT!

source for your fact?

? If you do, you could really shut everyone up quickly...

This is Jacare....word for word...

"There was a guy who trained with us at Rolls' academy, a guy named Sergio Dorileo, nicknamed "Sucuri " (Python), who liked to research techniques in old judo and wrestling books that he could find. One day he came to the academy and said "hey, Rolls, pass my guard, check this out man". When Rolls went to pass, Sucuri caught him with his triangle. Then he showed everyone what he had learned from some old judo book and since then everyone has known the triangle. I mean, all the jiu-jitsu guys . Royce beat Dan Severn with a triangle in UFC 3. Severn said after the fight that he had never heard of a triangle before. Well, now he's heard and everyone else too. Consequently, different methods for passing the guard had to be developed. These days there are so many ways. Whenever a defense is developed for one way, a new way is invented."

So while I give Rolls credit, (as he is the ONLY one the Gracies themselves give credit)...It happened like MickColins says...

TrainBJJ - This is Jacare....word for word...

"There was a guy who trained with us at Rolls' academy, a guy named Sergio Dorileo, nicknamed "Sucuri " (Python), who liked to research techniques in old judo and wrestling books that he could find. One day he came to the academy and said "hey, Rolls, pass my guard, check this out man". When Rolls went to pass, Sucuri caught him with his triangle. Then he showed everyone what he had learned from some old judo book and since then everyone has known the triangle. I mean, all the jiu-jitsu guys . Royce beat Dan Severn with a triangle in UFC 3. Severn said after the fight that he had never heard of a triangle before. Well, now he's heard and everyone else too. Consequently, different methods for passing the guard had to be developed. These days there are so many ways. Whenever a defense is developed for one way, a new way is invented."

Yes, you are going to have to SOURCE that.

I am wanting to be on your side here, but just copypasto from another UG thread is not going to cut it. SOURCE.