Carla’s Weird Title History

So she won the title off a bullshit reality show where the top fighters weren’t really involved.

She won by beating a young Rose and ultimately got destroyed in her first defense against killer Joanna.

So now, she wins the title again, off a bullshit fight, against a non-fighting Rose (wow, Rose again!).

She is about to get murdered again by another killer in Zhang in her first defense (again).

Has any fighter had this kind of trajectory? 2-time champ from 2-time bullshit over the same person and not defending either time after being completely mauled?

Does Carla owe a massive debt of gratitude to Rose for giving her these career opportunities?

6 Likes

All I know is I’m grateful I fell asleep on the couch during the walkouts for her last title fight but I woke up right as the awesome main event was starting, perfect timing. I used to be able to stomach like 1 WMMA fight a week but now its like 5-10 a year and those fights don’t involve Carla.

5 Likes

My brain said Tim Sylvia, so I looked up his record, I didn’t know big Wes had beat him.

Learn something new everyday I guess.

3 Likes

At least Timmeh beat different guys.

1 Like

I’m not knocking the guy, for some me reason I thought he went WLWLWL

1 Like

Its amazing a fighter Esparza can be a 2x UFC champ, and someone like Tara Larosa hasnt even fought there…

2 Likes

Tara never fought there because she got her fucking ass whooped on the reality show that Carla won LOL

6 Likes

“These things happen in MMA”

2 Likes

She was old and bust by then

1 Like

As real as it gets

6 Likes

chael-sonnen-that-happened

3 Likes

It’s WMMA OP. It’s complete trash and needs to go.

3 Likes

When that exact scenario plays out, it’s a strong indication of trash all around :joy:

1 Like

Saw her at ESPN Zone after she won the Invicta strap and she was wearing it all night. Can’t really blame her or Tim Sylvia for doing this.

2 Likes

Tito was good for that too, completely earned. Good for him…

1 Like

I wouldn’t rule out her managing to lay and pray Zhang for long enough to get a decision.

Would be brutal to watch but you’d get to see Dana having an aneurysm post-fight.

I don’t think she can out muscle china’s finest wmma weapon

1 Like

Tito wore it backwards alot.

1 Like

Her whole crew seemed that way. Very cliquey with some sort of attitude.

1 Like

We have a name for women like that where im from. We call them women.

bad-joke-badumtss

3 Likes