Carlson's senior Black Belts

Who are Carlson Gracie Sr highest rank Black belts awarded by Carlson, not since his passing. I know Carlos Antonio Rosado was the only one he gave the 9 th degree Red belt and Pinduka and Marcello Alonso are 7 th degrees, but are there any other masters under him?

Man I have no idea but I would imagine maybe Dela Riva?

Marcus Soares in canada, and Carlos Rollyson in florida I believe are both red/black belts awarded by Carlson himself.

Not 100% though.

De La Riva is 5th degree, been a black belt for 23 years.

joshjitsu - Man I have no idea but I would imagine maybe Dela Riva?

DeLaRiva is an 8 stripe black belt. Just went to a seminar in NYC with him and it was sick to even be in the same room with a guy like that. He has his own brach of Schools now though under DeLaRiva BJJ, not really affiliated with Carlson anymore.

julio fernandez 7th degree

MikeyA518 - 

DeLaRiva is an 8 stripe black belt. Just went to a seminar in NYC with him and it was sick to even be in the same room with a guy like that. He has his own brach of Schools now though under DeLaRiva BJJ, not really affiliated with Carlson anymore.

De La Riva has his own team, but he was always loyal to Carlson.

He is only 5 Stripes, 6 is Red and Black. I have pics of him from last month with 5 stripes.

Edson Carvalho is 2nd degree..not the highest ranking (at some point degrees dont really matter imo)

He is def senior as he comes from the days of Librorio, Busta, Sperry etc as his team mates

Zardoz - 
MikeyA518 - 

De La Riva has his own team, but he was always loyal to Carlson.

He is only 5 Stripes, 6 is Red and Black. I have pics of him from last month with 5 stripes.

Are you sure? Here's a pic of my brother, myself, and Ricardo.....If you can see it, it looks like 6 stripes to me...I thought I read he was an 8 Stripe. How do you post a pic?

I'm pretty sure marcus soares is at least the highest ranking carlson student still teaching. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere

I'm pretty sure marcus soares is at least the highest ranking carlson student still teaching. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere

Does Rosando teach anymore...?

I know nothing about him except what I saw in Carlson's book.

shen - Does Rosando teach anymore...?

I know nothing about him except what I saw in Carlson's book.

stop trolling, broseph

Yes, Rosado still teaches. There was a section on him in the Global Training report and a pic with him teaching with his red belt on.

Zardoz- "De La Riva has his own team, but he was always loyal to Carlson.

He is only 5 Stripes, 6 is Red and Black. I have pics of him from last month with 5 stripes."

Black and red belt are for 7th and eighth degree only, then you go to red belt which is solid red at ninth degree.

10th degree was reserved for the five gracie brothers who have all passed on iirc, Helio being the youngest of them, and will not be bestowed to anyone else ever.

Soares, Liborio, Foca Fernandez are listed as the highest ranked Carlson BB's still teaching on the various wikis.

Marcus Soares is a 7th stripe under Carlson, his main school is Vancouver, he's an incredible teacher.

http://marcussoares.com/

liborio and conan are 7th

6th degree Carlson BB Penao has been visiting Canada for a little while.

graciesrule - Yes, Rosado still teaches. There was a section on him in the Global Training report and a pic with him teaching with his red belt on.

OH --that's right... I read that and forgot all about it. Thanks.