Catch the kick overhand

I love this move.Coincidentally in both pics it's a Ukranian man punching Heath Herring.

Nice Pics!

Im looking for the Igor vs Kerr pic, if anyone has it throw it up.

and it looks like he's catching the kick under-hand in the 2nd pic

elgringo

You love it? Why? Its a lose lose situation. The guy who catches the kick takes it in the body. The guy who throws the kick eats a shot in the head.

I've been on the giving and receiving end, its no picnic and you sure don't walk away congratulating yourself.

Mark

"and it looks like he's catching the kick under-hand in the 2nd pic"

I think he meant overhand punch

"You love it? Why? Its a lose lose situation. The guy who catches the kick takes it in the body. The guy who throws the kick eats a shot in the head. "

Actually, in the 2nd pic, I think fedor got the better of that exchange.

You know Fedor got the better of him in that pic. He is blocking the kick with his elbow and Herring is open for the counter which no doubt landed. Herring is throwing his wild no technique punches like he always does and looks like he is going down after that punch laneded because he leaning backwards on one foot on his toes and is about to eat a big one right in the face.

Herring looks worse everytime I see him and I`m beginning to think it`s time to put a fork in him because I don`t care to watch him anymore because he so boring and predictable.

Im with you 2guns.

Guys

I didn't see the fight. I'm talking strictly about what I've felt (and it ain't been pleasant) when I've been in a similar situation.

Mark

juszczec is right about the first pic

"You love it? Why? Its a lose lose situation. The guy who catches the kick takes it in the body. The guy who throws the kick eats a shot in the head."

Yeah Ive been on the end of it before where my kick is caught and I get hit.

I love it because I just think it looks like a cool move. I like the overhands that Igor and other shorter stockier fighters tend to throw in general. It just looks cooler when the guy is holding a leg while doing it too.

I didn't see the last couple of Herring fights but I think he is still a top fighter. The biggest thing going against him are the three losses, but look who he fought, Nog, Cro and Fedor. We'll see at the tourney if he's done.

"The biggest thing going against him are the three losses, but look who he fought, Nog, Cro and Fedor. We'll see at the tourney if he's done."

The biggest thing going against him is that he's looked like crap. He looked bad in his losses (well, he did well against Minotauro) and he's looked bad in his wins. It took him three rounds to beat Yamamoto, and people said he actually had some trouble in that fight. It took him three rounds to beat Giant Silva, who is friggin huge but has no fighting skill at all. His fight with Gan McGee was ugly.

BTW, I like that move also. Igor decked Kerr in Pride 7 with it.

Like I said I hadn't seen his last few fights. Heath can be a very exciting fighter. Hopefully we'll see a little more from him.

VovchanchynvoV

"lol @ your logic."

Not logic, experience. I've caught kicks like pic number 1. It doesn't feel good.

I've blocked kicks like pic number 2. It feels better than 1, but sometimes ain't all that great.

Yes, either response is better than eating the kick completely. I'd rather not let the kick land on my body the trap it. I'd also rather not let the kick drive my arm into my body.

As to who's hit me, pros or non-pros, pain hurts either way.

Mark

people who arent good at kicking, like Herring, shouldnt throw something, like a kick to the body, that can be countered fairly easily with good timing.

You have to set up your kicks, and ALOT of people dont do that

Randleman is really good at this too.

Taking a shot, so you can land yours, was also used by Japanese Karate fighters, because they felt their shot would be more effective. They did hit very hard.

I've seen fights ended by good body kicks, I would recommend blocking them.

Gary Hughes