Caught another Logeoplata in competition!! (video)

I don't know what I just watched. I believe it was a human shape shifting into some deadly rubber band type object. I must learn the lego-plata Phone Post

Fair play man, you have a nice attacking style of jiu jitsu.

Since you're looking for feedback, as someone who referees quite a bit, two things jump out at me.

The walking off after tapping your opponent with your hands raised in the final of the gi division, and the taunting of your opponent in the first match of the nogi division. Depending on the rules there might not be too much I can do about it, but anyone who pulls that kind of thing automatically pops up on my radar and I remember them. I call it down the middle, but if there's something that needs the benefit of the doubt, the person who comes off as a poor sportsman isn't getting it.

You could be best buds with the person and no harm was meant but the ref isn't to know that.

Feel free to ignore it, but just a bit of gamesmanship outside the technical aspects of competition, that's often overlooked.

so is that move like a omoplata/gogo combination?

Snoozhitsu - Fair play man, you have a nice attacking style of jiu jitsu.

Since you're looking for feedback, as someone who referees quite a bit, two things jump out at me.

The walking off after tapping your opponent with your hands raised in the final of the gi division, and the taunting of your opponent in the first match of the nogi division. Depending on the rules there might not be too much I can do about it, but anyone who pulls that kind of thing automatically pops up on my radar and I remember them. I call it down the middle, but if there's something that needs the benefit of the doubt, the person who comes off as a poor sportsman isn't getting it.

You could be best buds with the person and no harm was meant but the ref isn't to know that.

Feel free to ignore it, but just a bit of gamesmanship outside the technical aspects of competition, that's often overlooked.
Thank you for the advice man. Ultimately you're right! I was just excited to win because I was getting beat and pulled off a Hail Mary sub. It was douchey for sure but I wasn't trying to be intentionally disrespectful. I always try to treat my opponents with the utmost respect but I just got a little worked up and celebrated. I will definitely look to control my emotions more in the future. Respect is crucial in this sport and I would never want to come off the wrong way.

As far as the taunting maybe it was shitty but I was doing it jokingly because I just wanted him to grab my leg or shoot on me. I just was trying to bait him into it. Didn't work of course and probably came off shitty!

Thanks again for pointing this out. I'm always trying to improve and evolve as a competitor and a human being! Phone Post 3.0

At the end of the Logeoplata video, did that guy ask what he got caught with and you start saying its called THE LOGEOPLATA?

(Caps intended to portray a gravely movie trailer voice).

Btw, that was fucking slick as hell! 30 seconds on the ground before he tapped! Impressive! Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

Aaaaah hell yeah Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_sakurabas ear - At the end of the Logeoplata video, did that guy ask what he got caught with and you start saying its called THE LOGEOPLATA?

Btw, that was fucking slick as hell! 30 seconds on the ground before he tapped! Impressive! Phone Post 3.0
Thanks brother! Yeah that's exactly what was happening! I didn't tell him it was the Logeoplata because I feel like a douche saying that sometimes but I just told him that it was a move I came up with. The ref asked me the same thing haha. Phone Post 3.0

ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter - Aaaaah hell yeah Phone Post 3.0
Thanks bro! Phone Post 3.0

The Loge -
UGCTT_sakurabas ear - At the end of the Logeoplata video, did that guy ask what he got caught with and you start saying its called THE LOGEOPLATA?

Thanks brother! Yeah that's exactly what was happening! I didn't tell him it was the Logeoplata because I feel like a douche saying that sometimes but I just told him that it was a move I came up with. The ref asked me the same thing haha. Phone Post 3.0
That's bad ass! I thought so, but wanted to make sure. Phone Post 3.0

Also after Snoozhitsu pointed out the doucheyness of my celebrating I feel like a complete asshole. That's not the person I am nor how I want to represent myself. Shame is a good teacher and that's something that won't happen again. Phone Post 3.0

That's awesome! Now stop sandbagging in the intermediate division haha Phone Post 3.0

Seats Taken - That's awesome! Now stop sandbagging in the intermediate division haha Phone Post 3.0
I'm not sandbagging but I'll move up to advanced next time around to test myself! Phone Post 3.0

no-gi_JAMES420 - so is that move like a omoplata/gogo combination?
Sort of although the tap comes from the choke primarily. Phone Post 3.0

Sub for the other matches later. Phone Post 3.0

Hell yeah that's awesome Phone Post 3.0

Hah....your video made it to one of my facebook friends. He posted it last night Phone Post

Jay Haas - Hell yeah that's awesome Phone Post 3.0
Thanks bro! VTFU! Phone Post 3.0

woot

awesome man, that will never not look good. Phone Post