cauliflower ear?

B proud of your scars

Oh well.

Fuck, I wish I had cauli. If it ever comes in, I'm wearing it like a badge of honor.

Be very careful if it gets to this point.....

quite possible surgery might be needed...

or a pan filled with water & boiled till tender, let cool before eating......

Fuck, I wish I had cauli. If it ever comes in, I'm wearing it like a badge of honor.

I've heard others say this... What's funny is the people that have it dont want it and the people that dont have it do want it..

Some people are just fucking stupid

People forget that it fucking hurts.   Ok, not like "Oh my god, i'm dying" pain but a definate uncomfortable sensation. I've had mine for about 7 years, (wrestling) and even now, when I'm grappling I'll have someone rub it the wrong way it burns for a while.  And mine isn't even that bad.

I'm a wuss, yea, I know

CC

i love my colli... IMO  tape your ears flat against your head when you train. in my experience, draining doesnt do anything if you go back to practise right away. if my ears are getting sore and feel like they are going to blow up i usually start to tape them tight to my head. my ears dont get colli anymore theyre too thick now.

I wrote a long, detailed article on this:

http://blog.gotjits.com/2006/08/cauliflower-ear-diy.html

Check it, and grab some head gear while it heals up.

if you can't see it then your fine... just get some headgear. if you don't want it, then buy the gear. i will only come back and worse every time.

by the way for everyone getting cauli and not wanting it - get it taken care of ASAP by a doc or yourself and get some headgear. it will harden sooner than you think and then the only way for it to come out is surgery. that costs money and still leaves your ears deformed.

Don't listen to the Paranoids warning you about doing it yourself.

Get Syringes that are hermenetically sealed.

Swab the Site (your Ear) w/ Alcohol.

Either have a Friend drain it or do it yourself. Suck the Fluid out until it's no longer clear Fluid.

Toss the Syringe, bandage the Site and wear you Ear Guards for a few Weeks allowing the Skin to reattach to the Cartilage. If you train until then it will virtually instantly fill back up and you'll start from Square 1.

I've had Friends do it and I've done it myself. 'Tis easy.

wear ear cups tard

I drained mine myself for a while and never got infected (alcohol on it and the needle before and after), but without a good way to keep pressure on it, it was a losing battle. The idea is to stick the needle in so that you're draining it from the lowest point where there is fluid. I even tried one of those squeeze-together nose plugs that people use for swimming to keep pressure on it after draining and that didn't work, then I went to the doc and got it stitched, but even that didn't end up perfect. I have hardness anywhere the stiches didn't specifically compress it, and I think it would have been impossible to compress every spot there was fluid. So I have one ear that's a little f-ed up, but not too bad. I wore headgear for a little while until it all stabilized, but I've been going without for a year or so now without any problems.

I'd like to know how the hell they can clone animals, regenerate organs, and transplant a heart, yet the can't surgically repair a caulied ear to look like a normal ear again. Makes no sense to me. Blatant case of the man keeping grapplers down.

Sadic, you can get plastic Surgery to repair it. Not sure anyone would want that considering how long and hard it takes to get the Ear in the first Place. I could see if a Fighter was to go into an acting Career or work with the Public, otherwise wear it with Honor, you know?

Sadic, you can get plastic Surgery to repair it. Not sure anyone would want that considering how long and hard it takes to get the Ear in the first Place. I could see if a Fighter was to go into an acting Career or work with the Public, otherwise wear it with Honor, you know?

I had the surgery on mine because of hearing issues (that I still have but were reduced a good deal) and the plastic surgeon told me flat out that there was no way he could shape it like it used to be. He cut a bunch of shit out but my ear is all deformed and butchered because of it. The govt. should have spent more money on ear surgery research instead of sheep cloning IMO

LLF, not sure what Region or Country you are in, but I have seen Video of Implants for Ears. It was basically a Piece of industrial grade Plastic that was inserted into the Skin through a TINY Incision behind the Ear. Once in, it looked like a virgin Ear.

I want to say somewhere in Cali, but not totally sure.

I live in Memphis and I dont have that kinda cash lol... my surgery was 3100 and even though I can hear better I wish I had never gotten it done it still bothers me in my sleep and if someone bumps it.

THAT'S what I'm talking about. It doesn't sound like it shoud be that complicated, but I'm no doctor. I wouldn't care to do it for mine because it's not that bad, but if it shrivels up and flops over someday and I had the cash to do it, I might.

Do you really need the outsides of your ear? Just have them amputated and problem solved. No more annoying people can sneak up behind you and thump your ears.

Do you really need the outsides of your ear?

Only if you want to be able to hear properly.