Cejudo issues statement to Aljo

Strong words from a true Olympic Gold Medalist. On serious note I would like to see it and I think Henry takes it.

10 Likes

I dont mind henry. I think he is a good guy and undeniably an elite world class fighter. But ffs he ā€œretiredā€ just so he could have a comeback that no one is really clamoring for.

12 Likes

Lmao at that refs hair. Wtf do they find these guys

3 Likes

I like Henry but at some point he has to fight or just stop. Hasnā€™t it been over 2 years since he beat Cruz?

2 Likes

Heā€™s in the USADA testing pool. The problem is he wants a championship fight or nothing. I think he eventually takes a fight because he needs the cash. That and fight out the rest of his contract.

3 Likes

Yea and Egg would prob not wanna risk him coming back to do what GSP did and fight for Belt win it and leave again.

3 Likes

Is he making money elsewhere? I know he does a lot of coaching for Albarracin but I donā€™t know if heā€™s officially employed by them or just helping guys out.

Henry should have never ā€˜retiredā€™. He fucked up with that nonsense.

8 Likes

Heā€™s seems somewhat intelligent. I would hope he has other sources of income.

2 Likes

TJ or Aljo would beat him. Hes soft now, first Rocky vs. Clubber Lang soft. Aljo subs or decisions him, TJ starches him. He should shut the fuck up and just keep walking around all puffy and soft. His gimmick sucks

Double

He actually has quite a few endorsement deals

2 Likes

He has a masters degree from Grand Canyon University. He is a lot smarter than he comes across to most people. I think he does that on purpose. He could easily land 6 figures coaching college wrestling if he wanted to. He makes more with his investing and endorsements now, plus I think he has an ownership stake in his gym. He isnā€™t exactly hurting for money.

5 Likes

I donā€™t doubt it at all. Iā€™ve heard him talk at great lengths (not about his career), and he is absolutely a highly intelligent person. He has a lot of business sense, much smarter than most fighters. Iā€™ve also seen clips of him coaching and he is seriously next level.

2 Likes

HC may have overplayed his bargaining position with the UFC. No real clamoring for his return.

4 Likes

heā€™s a character,
a quality sorely lacking in todays MMA.

For a smart guy, he did the dumbest thing he could. Chose to take himself out of the game, gave up his biggest bargaining chips (the belts), and deluded himself into thinking he was the bargaining chip. All at the peak of his MMA careerā€¦

8 Likes

Pretty spot on assessment. The hardware was the real attraction and he gave it up. Very strange.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was fucking around when I joked about his intelligence. You can tell by listening to him talk heā€™s a pretty sharp guy. I also enjoy his cringe trolling. Heā€™s the only one in the 125 lb division who made it interesting outside of the cage.

Glad to hear heā€™s been smart with his $. I assume he misses the competitive aspect of fighting?

4 Likes

Burnout or illness could be the only intelligent reason I could fathom walking away at that juncture of his mma career, especially after making a few bucks. That being said, hes sat out prime years and didnt play his made hand when he had it. He simply folded his hand and left the table. If hes ready to get back in the ring, go for it kid but hes gotta rebuild his stackā€¦

4 Likes