Cerrone gave up after first strike

Boy you can sure tell who's never fought before in here, have you ever been rocked? All of a sudden it's like something in your brain explodes and up is down, left is right, etc - your brain and body are trying to figure out a connection again.  "just get out of the way and move your head!" - it doesn't work like that.. 

3 Likes

I wish about 3/4 of the forum would suddenly die of massive strokes 

Malvert the Janitor -

Lol

1 of the things I love about this forum. You can usually  say whatever the fuck you want

MajklNajt - 

Cerrone gave up after the first shoulder strike. How the hell did he not move after the first strike? He just froze and let Conor bust him in the face. Wtf? 

The supposed legend that he is, talking that hes to big and strong for conor and to lose the way he did, just give up. He just came for the paycheck and thats that. Shameful.

Stephen A. Smith on the UG. Neat.

5 Likes
The Sauce -

Boy you can sure tell who's never fought before in here, have you ever been rocked? All of a sudden it's like something in your brain explodes and up is down, left is right, etc - your brain and body are trying to figure out a connection again.  "just get out of the way and move your head!" - it doesn't work like that.. 

Good point.  1 time after getting rocked I couldn't even remember where I lived. Just biked around for a while until I knew where to go.

Malvert the Janitor -

You should just call your uncle, I bet he's still down to stroke you

1 Like
Malvert the Janitor -

Somebody should bump all of your meltdown threads when Conor got his ass whipped

3 Likes

He didnt " give up" he for cracked with a head kick then ate some bombs that landed clean.  He got caught early is all.

1 Like
Nytron -

Actual training footage of Cowboy's preperation leading up to the fight:

https://gfycat.com/peskyglossygalapagosdove

100% plus all the $$$$$$$$

First fight in Cerrone's entire career where he put up no offense. Fired no strikes. Attempted no takedowns or trips. Not a single knee or elbow in the clinch. Had a leg to grab right there on the ground to save himself, with a generous referee who gave him EVERY OPPORTUNITY, and he just accepted losing. I've never seen Cowboy accept defeat like that. He bowed down, and you're a fool if you think that shit was organic. PAID OFF DIVE. 

4 Likes
Malvert the Janitor -

That's funny, because 99% of the forum feel that way about you. Go play in traffic kid.

4 Likes

I don't understand why Cowboy didn't sidestep the barrage of strikes.

stevekt -

I don't understand why Cowboy didn't sidestep the barrage of strikes.

Because he didn't train with James Toney, duh

ConorWinsTheRematch -
MajklNajt -

Cerrone gave up after the first shoulder strike. How the hell did he not move after the first strike? He just froze and let Conor bust him in the face. Wtf? 

The supposed legend that he is, talking that hes to big and strong for conor and to lose the way he did, just give up. He just came for the paycheck and thats that. Shameful.

Cerrone couldn't just move out of the way. Understand what you are watching. Conor had him locked up in a bicep tie, controlling Cerrone's other arm in the instep of his bicep, and keeping him upright with great head positioning. When people use that talking point it shows that they know nothing about fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a Khabib fan. Khabib fanboys know nothing about fighting 

You must realy have ALL the knowledge in fighting smartass. For the first 15 seconds Cerrone was a punching bag cause he CHOKED! And theres no way Conor held him in the clinch so he could not move. I wonder how Diaz or Masvidal would have reacted. Certanly not choked and be a punching bag like Ceronne did.

3 Likes
MajklNajt -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
MajklNajt -

Cerrone couldn't just move out of the way. Understand what you are watching. Conor had him locked up in a bicep tie, controlling Cerrone's other arm in the instep of his bicep, and keeping him upright with great head positioning. When people use that talking point it shows that they know nothing about fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a Khabib fan. Khabib fanboys know nothing about fighting 

You must realy have ALL the knowledge in fighting smartass. For the first 15 seconds Cerrone was a punching bag cause he CHOKED! And theres no way Conor held him in the clinch so he could not move. I wonder how Diaz or Masvidal would have reacted. Certanly not choked and be a punching bag like Ceronne did.

His brain was scrambled and Conor didn't give him even a second to recover mentally or physically. 

It's embarrassing how little most of you know about a sport you obsess over.

2 Likes
icecap -
MajklNajt -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
MajklNajt -

His brain was scrambled and Conor didn't give him even a second to recover mentally or physically. 

It's embarrassing how little most of you know about a sport you obsess over.

They obsess over McGregor, not MMA.

Dude who sucker punched Conor

"Punched Conor more than Cowboy for the entire fight"

2 Likes

Well $15 million can surely buy a lot of things. Considering how McGregor was frantically trying to bribe Khabib during their fight when he tasted real power..."it's only business" the lovefest  Donald and Conor displayed in the press conference, one can only imagine the cuddle and hugs session they had behind the scene. No reason the UFC had to have any knowledge about anything between two grown consenting men. Could be a wink, a simple pat on the bum, 'I can only achieve $80 million if...Donny and if does happen there is more than enough to go around for everyone who helped me achieve it" END.  Why not. Who's to know. Specially with a new mouth to feed coming along the way. Makin' it all look good is the name of the game.

Or not.

1 Like
touch -

Dude who sucker punched Conor

"Punched Conor more than Cowboy for the entire fight"

hahahaha love it.

But.

The other guy at the bottom took a full punch to the face and didn't do nothing and got a massive pay off as well...

Moral of the story: don't touch Connie and get paid.

1 Like

After ducking the haymaker Cowboy already had level change and High-C for a take down, and could have easily followed through with a single leg but its like he remembers he's not supposed to take it to the ground so he pulls his arm back from an advantages position and just stands there instead. If not scripted then he was at least paid not to grapple, also explains why he doesn't attempt anything in the clinch and just looks lost like he missed his spot.

Its not out of line to suspect the UFC would pressure a fighter (hint at cash incentive) not to attempt a take down or keep the fight standing, thats exacly what Seth Petruzeli said Elite XC pulled in his Kimbo fight:  "The promoters kind of hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him. They didn’t want me to take him down, let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him."

We are talking about the same company who hands out interim titles on a whim, pushes a bout against Dennis Siver as a valid title shot eliminator,  and now has 155lb contenders fight at 170 because Conor wants it; there is already fuckery afoot. 

1 Like