Chael Claims He Knows Who CM Punk's Opponent Is

+1 For Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch Phone Post 3.0

Just going to throw a random guess out and say Clint Hester or Dylan Andrews

higherprimate718 - lashley, who is a badass amateur wrestler who had accumulated a real MMA record by that point couldent get past "gong and dash" james thompson (all due respect james) so how the fuck is CM Punk supposed to take on a know UFC fighter? Goddamn this is gonna be like that time giant silva fought in pride.
Credentials or not Lashley just isn't a fighter. Maybe Phil is. Phone Post 3.0

Punk is coming in to make one of the already established guys a star. A jobber if you will. No matter who beats him, they will instantly be a household name amongst many casual fans. And for PPVs to come alot of casuals will buy the PPV to watch the guy that beat Punk. The old pro wrasslin rub bring used in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

NYBA!! Phone Post 3.0

mose - Matt Hughes.
DrBoogerLips - Dan Hardy
Those are my guesses too.

Bisping. Phone Post 3.0

DanCrase - +1 For Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Mario Lopez

I think it will be Chael after his suspension is up. Could you imagine those two going at it on the mic?

It won't go good for Punk because he has never been in their with a gangster...or anyone for that matter

its gonna be someone with next to 0 wrestling

gokudamus - 

its gonna be someone with next to 0 wrestling

See it could totally be Chael. Chael was only an amateur wrestler, Punk was a PRO wrestler which is apparently according to Dana better.

Pro wrestling > amateur wrestling.
(Ok that sarcasm hurt just typing it)

It won't be anyone with +5 fights. Phone Post 3.0

alexfromtarget
he got almost 1 million twitter followers, so why not? Phone Post 3.0

pidgey - #alexfromtarget
he got almost 1 million twitter followers, so why not? Phone Post 3.0
LOL Phone Post 3.0

Fuck it, give him Kennedy. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 
kevsh - 

As far as I know Punk hasn't officially decided what weight class he'll be fighting at nor has he joined a camp and begun actual training. I understood he was going to train for 6 months or so then see where he's at.

So it makes absolutely zero sense to have an opponent lined up (or even named) at this point when his first fight will likely be Fall at the earliest.

it will be well before that i imagine. 

I'm just going by Punk's own words during his Rogan interview. He said - not quoting mind you - he wanted to train for 6 months first to get a real feel for the process. In any case, if I'm Zuffa I'm not rushing him. Better to give him enough time so he may actually be somewhat competitive vs. throwing him in too early against a journeyman, getting destroyed and that's all she wrote.

thegreatone287 - It won't be anyone with +5 fights. Phone Post 3.0

i agree,

who would sanction it if the guy had more than 5?

Has Herschel Walker began training for his comeback fight? Phone Post 3.0