Chaimberg blows GSP's spot.

GSP might well have been weak in terms of weight room numbers.

No way he was weak compared to other fighters, even back then. Karo, Hughes, Sherk, etc were all overwhelmed by how strong he was.

Listen to the fucking interview you apes! 

I am looking for the interview that came out before the Alves fight where GSP was talking about how strong he is now, and confirmed Chaimbergs statement that he used to only do 8 bw pullups and can now do 120lbs for 3, 110lbs db snatches, and I think 120lb dumbbell bench. He did say he could only bench 50's before as well. I'll post the interview if I can find it.

those are UNDER-exaggerations.

Small athletic guys are always good at pullups. I don't believe in the number 8 for a second.

GSP had no fucking Pec muscle development in the serra fight, he looked anorexic before imo...his takedown are all in his legs...

Anyway GSP still have pertty small arms and chest, and they just doubled in size.

Here in canada, espiecally Quebec, its all in pound...repping 50lbs dbs was most likely all he could do, i believe that.

But those little muscle probably had more endurance than all of us here combined

GSP had no fucking Pec muscle development in the serra fight, he looked anorexic before imo...his takedown are all in his legs...

Anyway GSP still have pertty small arms and chest, and they just doubled in size.

Here in canada, espiecally Quebec, its all in pound...repping 50lbs dbs was most likely all he could do, i believe that.

But those little muscle probably had more endurance than all of us here combined

I don't doubt either numbers. It always amazes me, but I've seen many "well conditioned" athletes than can only throw up a handfull of pull ups. It's just not a move that most athletes train for some reason.

Cool stuff

i feel bad for Rich Franklin after hearing Chaimberg's breakdown of the uselessness of his workout.

They might mean military (or overhead) presses when they're talking about 50 pound dumbell presses ... press doesn't always mean bench press, especially since he later talks about having trouble getting 60 pound dumbells over his head. Though that still seems pretty hard to believe.

And only able to do 8 pull ups seems pretty much impossible, unless he had an injury of some kind.

uhfelons -  its a fantastic interview btw, shows you how retarded the All Access workouts we popped boners over are.

BEEP!  if you were popping boners over anything other than Rachelle's fine ass. 

Defenestrator - 50lbs is primary school weight

not on shoulder presses....not super heavy weight, but not super light either.  Good working sets.

"8 bodyweight pullups"

BS!

The first time I ever heard of MMA was when I watched this show called "The Ultimate Fighter" season 4. I witnessed this guy "GSP" climb the peg wall with ease.

ttt

KyleJohnson - The funny thing is...

That's more than what 90% of people here can do.

The really funny this is....

who the fuck cares???? Seriously bro, being the "cool" guy who attacks a message board he himself frequents just to make an unimpressive athletic performance seem "better" is like so 5 years ago man.

Truth is, 8 body weight pull-ups sucks ass for a world champion athlete at any sport. As knowledgeable fight fans, as well as people with a semblance of common sense, I think we're entitled to the opinion that 8 pull-ups kinda blows. No one here is ragging on GSP, just kind of pointing out that he had an obvious flaw in his game that he has shored up.

Rumbler -  "8 bodyweight pullups"

BS!

The first time I ever heard of MMA was when I watched this show called "The Ultimate Fighter" season 4. I witnessed this guy "GSP" climb the peg wall with ease.

Honestly, I could believe that. One of my closest friends is about 5'8-5'9 and an absolutely chiseled 185 lbs. He can't barely do 5-6 body weight pull-ups. If you're not used to doing them, and you are dragging a lot of muscle mass on your whole frame (especially legs), doing them is very challenging.

ok so when is chaimberg comin out with a dvd, so i can buy it, watch it and never actually do anything demonstrated in it?

Regardless of GSP's weight lifting strength I find it hard to believe he couldn't do more than 8 pull-ups. I'm an out of shape 220lbs or so and I can still do 10-12 strict overhand pull-ups (just went in the other room and did 10 to make sure I wouldn't be a liar). When I was 185lbs (and in good shape) or so I could do 24. GSP is a beast in comparison.

No way he was going 50lb DB's and 8 pullups.

He manhandled some strong ass guys. I've rolled with Trigg and seen him lift. Dude is damn strong, and GSP looks way stronger.