Chaimberg blows GSP's spot.

JDolo - Oh by the way, Jonathan Chaimberg has also been selected to be one of Rashad Evans assistant coaches for TUF 10. Jonathan Chaimberg is just another reason why more and more fighters want to come with that camp, and another example of GSP having the best people behind him that will keep him at the top.

intersting.

between all your very, very involved posts in this thread which seem to have a vested interest, your emotionally outraged posts in the thread where somebody said Florian shouldn't have changed his S & C coach to Chaimberg (not that I disagreed with you)...

your constant creepy, CREEEEEEPY, incessant GSP stalking that's bound to land you a "no closer than 100 yards" restraining order any day now, which is all somewhat similar to an internet version of Chaimberg's groping and borderline-making out with GSP followed by the words "I love you" (seriously) during the celebration after the Penn fight...

and your sociopath hate-lust for Penn which has compiled at least half of your 2,100 posts and nearly exceeds your manlove for GSP...

I'm really beginning to wonder about you. like, I'm wondering who you are. what does the J stand for?

seriously, who has such a vested interest in somebody's strength & conditioning coach? you seem more fixated on him than the guy he works for.

ttt

If true, it's surprising to me. Nice work by his coach if his lifts went up like that...

groundfighter2000 - ok so when is chaimberg comin out with a dvd, so i can buy it, watch it and never actually do anything demonstrated in it?

Here you are, sir: http://shop.mydownloadportal.com/shopv5/shop.asp?clid=4020

JDolo - 
Leigh - No way was GSP stuck with 50lb dumbells. 50kg maybe

And LMAO @ 8 pull ups when he out powered Trigg, Sherk and Hughes. Don't want to labour the point cos I've mentioned this before
It's easy to not believe him at first, but listen to his comments on Nathan Marquart for comparison.  It looks like he is just calling a spade a spade.  GSP has seen ridiculous gains since working with Chaimberg and the #'s he's putting up today really make all this talk about what he used to do pretty meaningless.  It's clear that people dont actually listen to the interview in full, yet have all these opinions on it.  

You don't have to listen to an interview to realize those numbers are shady, you just need to have some time in a gym with real athletes.

Not saying Chaimberg isn't a great trainer, but...

Brazilin jiujitsu was a great system, but Rickson wasn't really 400-0. Sometimes even guys with great systems will exagerate a bit, if they're in a market full of exagerated claims, just to level the playing field and get their message out.

Sounds like a bit of jiujitsu marketing IMO.

In the vast majority of cases, switching from db to regular bench adds 5-40% to 1 rep max, usually in the 10-20% range. Even going on the very high end, that means gsp wasn't benching 150 lbs.--while he was tossing around 180-90 lb extremely high level athletes and top notch wrestlers against their will...but benching his bodyweight was out of the question?

He was like 185-90 with what 5-7% bodyfat...and he couldn't do more than 8 pull ups? What was all that muscle there for?

GladiatorGannon - 

Brazillian jiujitsu was great system, but Rickson wasn't really 400-0. Sometimes even guys with great systems will exagerate a bit, if they're in a market full of exagerated claims, just to level the playing field and get their message out.

Brazillian jiujitsu IS a great system. And when did Rickson tell you that his numbers were "exagerated"? 400-0 is an approximation including street fights, gracie challenges, competitions, vale tudo, etc...

jiujitsu marketing is what Lloyd Irvin does.

Barko - 
GladiatorGannon - 

Brazillian jiujitsu was great system, but Rickson wasn't really 400-0. Sometimes even guys with great systems will exagerate a bit, if they're in a market full of exagerated claims, just to level the playing field and get their message out.

Brazillian jiujitsu IS a great system. And when did Rickson tell you that his numbers were "exagerated"? 400-0 is an approximation including street fights, gracie challenges, competitions, vale tudo, etc...

jiujitsu marketing is what Lloyd Irvin does.

Thank you for explaining to us how Ricksons 400-0 record was actually legit.

BTW - if it includes grappling comps, how come it doesn't include his Sambo comp loss? Rickson doesn't need to "explain" it was a "marketing strategy" exageration (common for the era), half a brain will tell you it wasn't 100% true.

Just did 21 pull ups (the last few were ugly) in my garage. Haven't lifted in years (cause I am too lazy) but I did do 43 about 6 years ago. I am pretty sure that my elbows will hurt for the next 2 weeks. All that said, I probably still couldn't beat GSP.

GladiatorGannon - but Rickson wasn't really 400-0.

Say it ain'ts so!