Charles Oliveira vs Dustin Poirier - WHO WINS?

I dunno bro. Charles is more exciting in my opinion but has holes in his game still.

Do Bronx has the flashy unexpected submissions and striking techniques but Dustin does all the basics extremely well.

Heart wants do bronx mind says dustin

3 Likes

Can’t ever count Do Bronx out. Dude is so technical and precise. I mean shit, I thought he was gonna have a rough time after Chandler’s first round and then wtf - a ko??? It’s going to be a good scrap either way but I’m going with Do Bronx here and I’m a fan of both.

3 Likes

That’s another point. I think back in the day Charles would go for flashy subs, but now, if you watch his fight with Kevin Lee, his jiu-jitsu is more flow oriented. He doesn’t force anything, he just rolls with what’s available. That is a big difference. He’s more like water bow with his adaptability. And I think that is part of what makes him much more dangerous.

1 Like

I like both guys but going with Dustin.

3 Likes

Oliveira is the more dangerous fighter of the two, but Poirier is definitely the more durable. I would not be shocked by either guy winning, but in a battle of attrition, which I expect this fight to be, I will pick Poirier coming out on top in a come from behind, fight of the year candidate.

2 Likes

That’s a valid point. But I think Charlie Olives can force Poirier to wrestle, and that will cause him to tire out. If the fight stays on the feet and is straight striking, Poitier has the advantage. But if Charlie forces the wrestling I believe it will start to drain DP.
Also, I’m wondering if the CMac clownshow festivities have warped DPs mind. Beating McGregor twice is a big deal, consequently, everyone thinks DP will walk through Charlie.
Charlie is being slept on by everyone, so he still has that edge of being an underdog and needing to prove himself.

Charlie Olives all day bros.

I believe Charles has more tools to win but I also believe that the tools that Dustin has are absolutely enough to win. Mainly durability and stamina. He has the technical tools and power to make it a dogfight and then the durability and heart to finish it up. A lot like how Tony Ferguson used to just melt people late in fights.

Just to recap what this guy achieved so far (not all wins, but a lot of quality opponents):

7 Likes

I’m rooting for Charles.

I’ve never been a fan of Dustin. (I appreciate his skill)

2 Likes

I picked Dustin but I just don’t see how he gets it done .

Porier is going to kill Aloe Vera

Dustin -165
Charles +135

I think Dustin takes it, but I have this weird feeling that Dustin’s feel good story comes up short by some surprise finish

1 Like

Charles Sub 3rd

4 Likes

This is one of those fights where I want an action-packed fight to go the distance and end up in a draw, lol. Both these guys deserve it, sucks that one of them will have to be the loser.

I don’t know why I’m getting the feeling of doubting Poirier again. Oliveira just has that aura about him right now.

I don’t think Poirer will underestimate Charles one bit. I believe he knows Charles will be the best, most well-rounded fighter he will be matched up against. He’s a guy that Dustin should know can beat him standing, wrestling, or submit him. If nothing else, I’m sure Mike Brown’s top priority will be drilling that in his head.

2 Likes

I think Dustin will want to keep it on his feet and I’m sure they have a plan to capitalize on some defensive flaws Oliveira has, like how he does considerably worse when he’s on the back foot.

But when trying to capitalize Poirier will have to avoid the takedown, and Poirier has notoriously bad TDD

2 Likes

DP knockout 1st round. I don’t see Charles doing very well.

I’m almost positive it will not be a first round knockout by DP.

1 Like

Oliveira is going to finish Dustin on the ground in the first 2 rounds off of a takedown when Poirier tries to get in close.

Oliveira fights long and Dustin will have to close the distance. I see Oliveira doing a lot more ground and pound than his other fights

2 Likes

Big fan of both but Lightweight King Charles is going to finish early ala Khabib

Hes come a long way

4 Likes

Charlie carries himself like a champion. It’s beautiful to see. If you watch him walkout to the cage to fight Chander, Charlie steps into the cage and walks up the Chandler and shakes his hand, then walks over to te cage and shakes each of Chandlers corner men’s hands before the fight starts while chandler is mean mugging him. Motherfucker is classy.
He’s got my vote

4 Likes