Charles Oliveira vs Islam Makhachev: WHO WINS?

thats true and sad at the same time

1 Like

I don’t see how Islam will get past the striking of Charles. I’ve seen little to suggest Islam would be even remotely competitive with Olives on the feet and get past his long range weapons. There’s a chance he could land a good shot but it’s unlikely.

4 Likes

gee Jack i dont think Charles has gotten any better.Islam will lay on him

And it’s another weight class entirely and different camp.

Since he’s gone to Chute Boxe Charles hasn’t lost.

1 Like

Islam is not a carbon copy of Khabib. Of course he still shares some of the similarities of that style but his subs against Hooker and Dober off the top of my head involved advancement and he is more patient and methodical than Khabib. The arm triangle from the top against Dober is the kind of flattening style that doesn’t give too much room to manuever if done right but I would still say Charles style May do better vs Islam than Khabib on the ground.

If Charles gets stuck on his hands/knees on a leg ride, he can go to his back - something most of Islam/Khabib’s opponents don’t do cuz they are trying like hell to get back up. The advantage should still probably be with Islam on top because he can score with GNP as opposed to bottom guy who can only submit and rarely gets credit from the judges from out manuvering top guy.

Safe to say, this will be each guys toughest grappling challenge yet. And even standing, it will be tough for each. Charles can’t March forward with abandon as usu and Islam has to worry about strikes from distance, in the clinch AND counter subs off TD attempts.

This is why this matchup is so intriguing.

5 Likes

If Adriano Martins can KO Islam, so can Charles.

6 Likes

Charles does need to stay off the cage tho.

1 Like

The top control is probably the biggest challenge for Charles once it gets there but if u watch the Islam Arman fight, Arman gave Islam all sorts of problems with counters and scrambles. Charles is even more dangerous as he goes for the kill in those transitions as opposed to just trying to get back to a neutral position (bjj vs wrestling). Islam also has to watch out for strikes from distance andstrikes in the clinch. He could force Islam into a bad shoot and Charles is the best at attacking bad shoots.

1 Like

Pettis also subbed Benson, Giblert, and Chiesa. Let’s not pretend he doesn’t have legit submission skills.

He should take the center of the cage and never leave it. Force any takedowns to happen out there in the open, well away from the fence.

2 Likes

Peak Pettis had one of the slickest ground games around.

4 Likes

Charles Oliveira Sport GIF by UFC

1 Like

Correct. Pettis also submitted Melendez and Benson, who are two accomplished black belts themselves.

2 Likes

I think Charles by tko

2 Likes

Like this, probably within the first 20 seconds of the fight

Islam Makhachev Submits Dan Hooker GIFS | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA &  Boxing Discussion

Charlie Murphy Laugh GIFs | Tenor

1 Like

I get that you’re a troll but comparing the striking of Hooker to Charles then you’re in the wrong headspace.

1 Like

Hooker has 6 knockouts in the UFC and Charles has 3 .

Hooker knocked out Burns.

Let’s not act like that’s not debatable.

Hooker also has better knees than Charles which are better against wrestlers.

You sure do brag a lot about a guy thats lost 4 out of his last 5

2 Likes

You guys just keep this guy going by feeding him.

2 Likes

To say Charles flat out has better striking is a fallacy. The advantage he has on the feet is the threat of the takedown because everyone is afraid of the ground with him or getting their back taken, Islam is not afraid of going to the ground with Charles and that’s his actual gameplan.

Do you ever get tired of begging people not to respond to me and have nobody listen? Cuck. Doubly so because I’m your most responded to poster. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Always Sunny Troll GIF

1 Like