Chris Haseman to fight Spartan 9

"but what i dont understand is why you keep on trying to say that Haseman is a better fighter than Elvis or he is above him?"

Dude i will make it real easy for you

I DO think that chris is a better fighter, as do many other people on this forum, that is OUR opinion, does not mean we HATE Elvis

As you think Elvis is a better fighter and above Chris, "STOP BEING A HASEMAN HATER" :)

sport would be lame if fans only supported one team.

MMAFun, do you think that Elvis is a better fighter then Chris ?

If so, on what do you base that opinion ?

Tank

Elvis is proberly the most popular because he is right in between Haseman and Bonello in marketing.

Alot of us know #$%^ all about Haseman and alot of us have heard to much about Bonello!

The thing is Keats, there is a big diff between being a more popular fighter and being a better fighter.

Keats, why do you know more about Elvis the Chris ?

Is it, as I suggested above, because Elvis has fought in the UFC a few times, and gets on the UG or some other reason.

Tank

Tank . I am sure that is exactly the reason . Elvis is on here continously speaking to people and he has had high profile matches in the UFC which is probably the most well known tournement .

It's a shame we don't get Japanese PPV's here.

Chris has had stacks of fights in the Rings days, and had a huge following over there...

Tank

Chris has also fought in the UFC and he had a VERY close dec loss to Evan TANNER on less than a weeks notice shedding TREMENDOUS weight to make the 93kg cut. TANNER by the way defeated Elvis I think from memmory bookmakers had Elvis 8:1 underdog :)

Merry Xmas boys

Justin

I'm aware of Chris's UFC fight, but it was non-televised on the PPV (they showed brief highlights at the end of the telecast from memory)

So the theory still stands, Elvis' UFC appearences mean he is more well known then Chris, even though Chris has many more fights under his belt.

Tank

Evan Tanner said that Haseman was the toughest
fighter that he had ever encountered in a post UFC
fight interview.

SuperSodier, dnt get me wrong i never said that Elvis was a better fighter then Chris, the only thing that i've been trying to say is that Elvis is at the same level as Chris. They both respect eachother and wouldn't say anything bad about one another.
And BTW SuperSoldier, i knw that your only giving your opinion, but this is a forum and we can all have a debate and discuss about it, right?? :)

I think Elvis and Chris have each established their own credibility in MMA.

Neither of them have to prove anything, to anybody, in my opinion.

Big fan of both guys and can't wait to see Haseman fight in Australia again.

Regards

Gerald.

Amen!

!!! Elvis is the king alright! self promotion king,and a member of the bigest branch chain of bjj on oz. that is why every one knows him and thinks he is god.

MMAfun you are correct, this is a forum where we can OPENLY discuss mma agendas.

The discusion isnt about "who is more popular", who has the most credentials or have the same credentials"

we cant say "there both auzzies" lets channel our energy to fighting abroad,

the discussion is WHO is a better fighter? and i say CHRIS HASEMAN in the 1st round :)

Merry XMAS

Did anybody else see Haseman on Sports Tonite? Think it was Monday or maybe Tues. He was teaching the Qld Reds how 2 tackle more effectivly using Wrustling takedowns and stuff. Very cool I thought!

Chris does a simliar thing for the Broncos.
Back in the days of the Rings shows he put on, there was always a VIP table full of Broncos at the shows...

Tank

youve got to give credit to him for FIGHTING in his own country, in front of HIS own FANS!

wouldnt u guys rather see name fighters comin here from UFC/PRIDE etc to take on the likes of chris, elvis and our other top guys?

Bringing guys from overseas is awsome, i dont think anyone would argue that case.

Look at K1 oceanna, some of the top kickboxers in THIS country who DO fight O/S are more than happy, as is Chris Haseman to fight other Aussies in THERE OWN COUNTRY.
If its good for everyone else??