Chris Weidman will retire Anderson Silva.

I guess nowadays on the internet you have to make it clear right away - I'm brazilian, not particulary a Anderson fan or hater, just someone who has been passionately following the sport for 15+ years - Literally from UFC 1 and on.

It's kind of anti-climatic, it's not really dramatic, but the way things are shaping up, it's really the most rational outcome.

Weidman is a world-class catch wrestler. He's just VERY GOOD. On making a thread like this, of course I first believe that he can outwork, and win a clear decision over Munoz. Then, afterwards against Anderson, his style will just SHINE. He has the ability to get it to the ground. He can damage and maybe even submit Anderson on the ground.

I'm honestly happy and glad that Anderson won today, and with so much talking about his future, legacy and coming up fights, I just had to say this.

Weidman is very, very real ladies and gentleman. MMA fans who know their stuff already figured out this guy is a fucking beast. And not only that - His style can work very, VERY well against Anderson.

I'll not be happy, but when there is REAL MONEY and rationality involved, I can skip whatever feelings going through to my heart and say - Chris Weidman can very possibly be that one guy to retire Anderson Silva. I would actually bet on that.

just might agree

He has a good chance. I know Chris well. Anderson just seems like he won't lose. Phone Post

I hope Weidman hurts him permanently.

Good fighter but hasn't shown he has what it takes IMO to beat Anderson now. I know the Maia fight was on short notice but against Anderson he would've lost Phone Post

Let the guy develop a bit before we make some claims about him being the person to stop Anderson.

We will see after he fights Munoz on Wednesday.

duckhuntgangsta - It begins .... Phone Post

Yup. Phone Post

this what you are clinging to?

I cling to nothing. Like I said, it's not such a "black or white" thing as everybody tries makes it on the UG or in the internet as a whole. It's not like I'm counting the days until Anderson loses - I have nothing against the guy!

It's just a realistic, rational train of thought. Everybody loses, eventually.

Honestly? It's more money than anything - Picking the right bet, picking the right winner. It's my job IRL - stock markets - and I just like to somehow merge it into my MMA passion. Weidman's upside is just crazy. He has that potentional. He can be, very possibly, Anderson's downfall.

Anderson is old, guys. You think he'll win forever? Let's be realistic. Someone just has to beat him. The question now is who'll be that guy. And I'm just trying to guess on who it'll be....

If not him, then who? Lombard? Nah. I don't think so...

the only person that will retire Anderson is ANDERSON... Phone Post

Soul Gravy - I hope Weidman hurts him permanently.

That's an issue you might want to address in therapy. Pretty awful thing to hope for.

Weidman has a ton if potential but I don't think he beats Anderson yet. Phone Post

Not sure he will get chance, but agree he is possibly the worst match up for Anderson out of the challengers at MW.

I personally think Anderson will have one or two more fights tops, then retire as champ. Phone Post

Fabes - 
That's an issue you might want to address in therapy. Pretty awful thing to hope for.

Weidman has a ton if potential but I don't think he beats Anderson yet. Phone Post

I am not sure he does either. I think he has the tools to beat him but I think he needs a few tough fights like he will have against Munoz to season his ability in the scramble and learn to be smart when he is dazed or tired, as these are situations where Silva shines.

Right now, I think Evans has a very, very good shot at beating Silva. I certainly dont see why he cant - excellent takedowns, fast/explosive, massive power in his right hand, very experienced and has a lot of experience dealing with HWs and LHWs. If he can hold his own physically with those guys, I dont see why he can't handle Silva. He has the ability to get Silva down, hold him down, beat on him and avoid submissions.

I have always thought Evans was an exceptional fighter, fighting in the wrong weight division. He can make 185 and there is no way Machida, Jones, Ortiz, Liddell, Griffin etc etc etc ever could.

Rashad vs Anderson is very intriguing. Phone Post

You're a dick- you should be banned. That's a disgusting thing to hope for. Phone Post

I disagree. Karlos Vemola is starting to live up to the hype he had after ko'ing Seth at LHW. He will be the one who retires Silva.

BrunoMcGyver - I disagree. Karlos Vemola is starting to live up to the hype he had after ko'ing Seth at LHW. He will be the one who retires Silva.

LOL 

How's that? Because beat a guy who isn't even top 30 after moving down to a weight class where he's grossly oversized?

FYI the hype last summer was that Vemola was THE guy to beat Jones. He's never gonna live up to that shit.  

Shaq Attack - "anyone with wrestling credentials and submission defence will easily beat anderson"

-ug

-sherdog

Yup. People have been saying it since Lutter passed Silva's guard five years ago.

The same Weidman who looked like he died gassing against Maia?