Chuck Liddell [Prime] in todays LHW division

Twice, with ease. I don’t think he ever had a shot in hell against prime Wanderlei or Shogun either, Jones and DC would beat him into a living death, Glover NOW would beat Liddell at his best, Gus would beat him, Rumble would have crushed him, I could see him possibly beating Bader.

3 Likes

Glover used to fuck him up, and was known as the boogeyman coming to get everybody, he just got to the big leagues way too late, but even the old run down much worse version of him today would beat Liddell into a living death worse than what Shamrock dreamed of trying to beat Tito into.

He turned back into wrestler Chuck after Overeem landed some shots. That was skinny gate keeper Overeem that fought with zero gameplan out of some shit camp from Holland.

Rampage beat him easily under two different rule sets. Liddell made his name beating up Couture after an eye poke who also destroyed him in the first fight, Tito who had no chance because he only had a double leg and some elbows, Jeremy horn and Babalu.

If the UFC didn’t push him hard and he didn’t have a Mohawk, nobody would know who he is today.

2 Likes

You guys can make all the excuses you want as to why Chuck beat them or why they lossed to him but when this is your resume of victories…. There is no denying that you were a Great Fighter:

Randy Couture x2
Alistair Overeem
Vitor Belfort
Kevin Randleman
Tito Ortiz x2
Babalu x2
Murilo Bustamante
Pele in BRAZIL WITH VALE TUDO RULES
Wanderlei Silva

That is the Resume of a Legend with Strikers, Sub Artists, and Wrestlers and no matter how you guys dice it or look back at his decline which was one of the most dramatic and roughest we have seen in the history of the sport. He didn’t get those wins and that resume by luck he did it because he was a formidable opponent.

11 Likes

I just don’t see any of these guys today taking him down and keeping him there

As for the strikers of the division, there’s no one who’s clear cut better than him. All of liddells KO losses were once he fell of a cliff. Rampage was perhaps the only KO loss where he was still the man

celebrity big brother chuck GIF

4 Likes

Yeah Rampage was another Legend and Champion who stylistically just had Chuck’s number.

Just like Chuck stylistically had Tito’s number… and don’t mention the 3rd fight when Chuck was almost 50 and so far out of his Prime that you can’t compare it like he was the same fighter as he was in his Prime as Champion.

3 Likes

That third fight doesn’t even count lol that fight never should have been sanctioned

3 Likes

I dont seee Chuck being able to compete with the higher level of todays fighters. Chick’s prime was a long rime ago and he was outdated by Jon Jones who would have beaten Chuck and made it look easy. The guys Jon was beating would have smashed Chuck. DC would slam Chuck and keep him down on the mat. Rumblw would have KOed Chuck. So many others that are way more well rounded than Chuck. His winging haymakers would not be landing on huys these days.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far and say Chuck couldn’t compete with everyone in the Division today… I mean Anthony Smith is ranked in the Top 5 and is fighting in the next #1 Contenders Fight.

The 3 you mentioned Jon Jones, Rumble, and DC do match on paper the worst stylistically with Chuck I agree there. Almost like they have something in common with the threat Rampage posed…. and coincidentally enough NONE of them are in the Current Division today.

But I still think a Prime Chuck matches up well with the rest of the Division like Jan, Jiri, Glover, Anthony Smith etc…

4 Likes

DC and JBJ are not in todays LHW division though

2 Likes

That was my point. As i said before, he was outdated by Jones and the fighters at that time. Now the division has moved on and evolved even more. Chuck’s brawling wouldnt make it in today’s game.

1 Like

Saying that Jon Jones and DC aren’t in the Division doesn’t exactly mean the Division has moved on for the better. Jon Jones never lost his belt and is still the greatest LHW Threat we have seen in a lot of people’s opinion.

And you are kind of simplifying Chuck’s entire game as just “Brawling”… he was a Champion Calibur combination of Takedown Defense, Power Punching, Great Chin, Recovery, Killer Instinct, and a good enough Knowledge of all the rest of MMA skills to avoid them and keep the fight in his realm.

5 Likes

If DC and JBJ wanted to both of them could still be LHW champs lol. The division is not evolved past them two

The former champion was 42 years old lol

3 Likes

You said in another thread that Jon lost his last 2 fights at LHW and now you flip flop saying he could still be champion? :laughing:

I never said that lol what thread is that?

Maybe you are talking about prime Jones?

It’s definitely possible for prime Chuck to take out Rumble at LHW.

Prime Rampage would prison rape the 205 division

1 Like

No matter the year, he’d always be a handful for the division. Granite chin, heavy hands, & good wrestling.

1 Like

Cool Pic of Chuck post fight at UFC 66 after defending his Belt with an up and coming Glover Texeira looking on in the background at the same Belt he would end up winning over 15 years later!

5 Likes