Chuck Liddell [Prime] in todays LHW division

I stopped reading at “Solid List” jk lol

Even the smaller guys like Busta were great fighters. Chuck has a Legends Resume and he’s not the GOAT but he is so much better than some people give him credit for because of his look and style. But it absolutely worked when he had that Granite chin.

3 Likes

Ken and Royce started the ufc. Chuck & Tito elevated it. Lesnar and Ronda elevated it next. Then Conor next… etc.

3 Likes

When it comes to ppv buys and popularity this is absolutely correct.

1 Like

Some of the old timers would probably add a couple of the other big guys to the beginning but I definitely have Royce Gracie and Ken shamrock as the original pioneers

Don’t forget Ken Shamrock brought wrestling fans over with him before Brock Lesnar did

3 Likes

I think Chuck would have beaten everyone except for Jon Jones and DC.
Fight I wanted most though was Chuck v Hendo.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Frank doesn’t count as he’s not in Dana’s good graces.

2 Likes

Glover never used to dominate Chuck in training.

1 Like

He trained for the first Randy fight, but 6 weeks before the fight, he jacked his knee up, wrestling with a heavyweight. He couldn’t run or wrestle the last 6 weeks of camp.

I never heard that before

He fought Guy 2 weeks after he beat Randelman. He partied for a week, then trained for a week, then went to Japan to fight

1 Like

Chuck was 38 and Wandelie was 32. How was that an advantage for Chuck.

Chuck vs Wanderlei was fair imo because they both had just started their decline. So it was a declining Chuck who had just lost his UFC Belt and got KO’d by Rampage (and lost to Jardine which I was at :frowning: ) vs a declining Wanderlei who had just got brutally KO’d by Cro Cop and had also lost his Pride Belt to Hendo.

They both were in the same boat, lost their belts, got badly KO’d, and were trying to come back. A couple years earlier when both were Champs and were not coming off KO losses would have been the Dream fight. We just got it a little too late but it was a case of better late than never to me.

3 Likes

Many would go back in time to stop the Kennedy assassination or stop Hitler, I’d go back & stop Wand from getting a facelift.

3 Likes

Yeah he looked like a completely different person right after it happened. I still remember the first pic I saw and it was rough

1 Like

You’re all doing it wrong,
Prime is spelt PRIME.
And it’s important to also say BEAST.
Here, let me show you:

“The continued evolution of the sport is irrelevant. PRIME Chuck was a BEAST!”

See. No one can counter that.

1 Like

Haven’t read whole thread yet…

Chuck was great.
Among my favorites.

But if we’re being real, he was the 4th best LHW of his era.

I’d throw GSP and Jon jones in there as well

1 Like

Chuck in his typical enhanced state of awareness.

3 Likes

4 Likes