Chuck Liddell [Prime] in todays LHW division

If you google “definition of a fighters prime” there are a whole bunch of articles explaining what is a fighter in their prime, since you cannot understand or dont seem know like every other fan on this forum does:

1 Like

1 Like

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

1 Like

I think that it is possible Jiri could outlast him based on chin. Both of their defense is terrible and they rely on their chin too much. Chuck gets tired and then Jiri finishes him with strikes.

Cormier wrestle fucks him. Once again Chuck gets tired and Cormier pounds him out.

Glover rocked Jiri on the feet. He woulda finished him instead he shot a sloppy Guillotine choke. Chuck would not have shot a submission. He woulda gave him the business with his hands and finished him

1 Like

Chuck sure had his way with wrestlers.

1 Like

And strikers

1 Like

It’s almost like this Chuck guy was actually pretty good when he had his Chin intact…

3 Likes

It’s a crime we didn’t get to see chuck v. Shogun earlier. I think chuck wins it. At least in the cage he does

And a chin he had.

His reliance on it was to his detriment, though. I’m not just talking about the end of his career, either. When Chuck fought guys who had hammers, like Rampage, even his great chin couldn’t help him.

1 Like

I have the opinion that Chuck wasn’t really that good. He had an iron chin and he hit hard. Randy straight up kicked his ass with straight technical boxing and clinchwork.

His boxing wasn’t very good, his head movement was non-existant, his footwork was bad. He could take a punch, he hit exceptionally hard and he could scramble.

The first fight chuck said he didn’t train or take him seriously… how’d those two rematches go for Randy?

Randy was also 40+ years old when those rematches occured. Chuck eyegouged Randy in the moments immediately before the KO. Randy couldn’t see and pridefully chose to continue. It was immediately obvious that he couldn’t see apon the restart.

After losing to chuck twice he went on to become HW champ beating Tim Sylvia and Gabe Gonzaga

1 Like

Weak HW division. Sylvia was a heavybag with eyeballs and had no business being UFC HW Champion. Every other HW that was worth a damn was in Pride. That lard ass actually had to cut weight to make 265lbs. Randy was an olympic level wrestler that basically wrestlefucked a grappling dummy for 25 minutes while Sylvia flopped around like a fish.

Did you think these guys weren’t that good either?

Randy Couture x2
Alistair Overeem
Vitor Belfort
Kevin Randleman
Tito Ortiz x2
Babalu x2
Murilo Bustamante
Pele in BRAZIL WITH VALE TUDO RULES
Wanderlei Silva

Cause Chuck bested all of those Legends. You can maybe get lucky once or twice but when that is your Resume there is no denying that Greatness regardless of how he looked fighting with a mohawk, hands down, and an absolute iron chin.

2 Likes

Solid list, but to be honest, nearly half weren’t true LHW fighters. Chuck was a big LHW and size was definitely an advantage for him in those cases.

Busta was a natural 185lber.
Pele was a natural 170lber
Wand fought at 205 but was a blown up 185er for sure. Just a savage.

Not really. That just makes him a hard puncher.

Chuck was very basic but also very solid because of his basics. I do think if he had an average chin he wouldn’t be talked about so much, and also probably wouldn’t be slurring his speech. :frowning:

2 Likes