Chuck Liddell's UFC Debut vs Noe Hernandez UFC 17 (Rare Video!)

Great Post , Sorry though , I Have It in the Dark Ages Set Dana said He would make you a Copy of LOL. If i would have seen you looking for this i would have tried to help you for sure !

2 Likes

Rogan sounding like a true Joisey boy.

Guess he worked on the accent.

3 Likes

DAMNNNNN lOOK at Buffer

1 Like

Over 20 years HKP!!!

The fucking VHS said Chuck Liddell on the cover… No Chuck on it… Fight Pass UFC 17 Event says featuring Chuck Liddell… No Chuck on it… What the Fuck! lol It’s a hidden gem for me

1 Like

Somebody from the Dark Ages DVD Thread sent me the dark ages lol. They are not pro copy with fancy packaging and art BUT they are the dark ages and i made a few dupes for special friends. Ill Bump the thread 4 ya . Wish i would have seen your call way back when ?

1 Like

Looks like even you and me talked about this a few years ago in this thread @Hong_Kong_Phooey and after all those posts no one posted the fight

You saw my call and you didn’t answer… you didn’t answer…

I DONT have the ability to post it Purist. I thought i would LOAN it to you to dupe and i would have been kewl with dat ! LOL 20 plus year of Tech has gone on now.

1 Like

It’s all good I’m just giving you shit I appreciate everything you do here and am just pumped I got to finally see it in it’s entirety.

That was the only fight in Chuck’s entire career that I had not seen in it’s entirety.

1 Like

u Have Male

1 Like

Buffer looks like he’s a senior in high school

1 Like

Rogan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hernandez was incredibly out of shape here.

Thanks for posting!

I liked seeing Chuck utilize his wrestling early.

Was surprised how Chuck was able to avoid a lot of teh punches by simply ducking under!

On a side note, I remember how chuck was considered a big LHW during the mid 2000’s, yet I don’t think he was ever a legit 6’2.

2 Likes

Was my 2nd live UFC. The weigh ins were in a hotel room where the guys got their blood pressure taken and a short physical.

1 Like

Noe was scary coming up through the ranks.

When we were young

Interesting to see Chuck kicking and wrestling so much. He sure did change his game over the years.

They said at the beginning that the winner would have an opportunity to advance. Did Chuck advance?

Also, was Chuck really 6’2"?

3 Likes

Not sure on how I missed this thread,and I don’t even think that Pro Ice posted it?

Anyways,it’s interesting that Charlie Anzalone was still around and managing at UFC 17.

I did happen to spot the late Gene Lebell & Eddie Goldman.

No sign of Sherdog.

1 Like

Yeah I thought it was really interesting to see just where Chuck was at in his Debut. And for an 0-0 fighter from 1998 he was pretty well rounded already and showed that potential. Good chin, good wrestling, and some natural power in his strikes though pretty green. Then after the Horn fight I’m sure he spent time or developed better submission defense. Henderson was in the Tourney with Goes and Newton and won it so Chuck didn’t step in but it would have been something too. But it really is interesting how his career arc went and like so many wrestlers we have seen he fell in love with his hands by the end.

1 Like