Coach: Jorge ready when UFC pays what he's worth

Jacinto -
ons ear -  Masvidal fears Usman..

He should. Usman would bring his hype train to a sudden stop. Best fight he could hope for is against McGregor.

I think UFC see this and don’t want to pay him extra if they can help it as they see him losing to Usman. 

I think Usman has all the tools he needs to win but I'm not comfortable counting out Masvidal 

I get he wants a big payday, but without gate receipts and decent PPV numbers nobody is getting paid big money, and that is why Conor walked away for the moment, because he won't fight untill the fans pay on the gate or through there tv's. 

Jacinto -

He should. Usman would bring his hype train to a sudden stop. Best fight he could hope for is against McGregor.

From wolf to bear, gets brutaly koed by conor and become forgotten for ever

JoeHurley - 
Jacinto -

Hes been fighting for almost 20 years, has almost 50 mma fights and is ranked #3 in the UFC welterweight division and you think he’s all hype? Lol.

He’s not all hype,he’s got legitimate skills,gritty and very tough and i enjoy watching his fights. It is a bit of hype imo though to think he is actually a real contender for the welterweight title judging by his past performances against the top of the division.

hes taking advantage of the wave of hype behind him to cash in on marketing deals...a loss will seriously diminish his ability to hawk product so he logically is asking for a lot of money to fight a very dangerous opponent like usman

ons ear - Masvidal fears Usman..

Laughable to think a professional fighter at the highest level genuinely fears another fighter. Especially someone like masvidal considering where he’s from.

hes just trying to capitalize on his new surging fame.  I don’t agree with going back on contracts but if something drastically changes like it did I understand where he is coming from 

Also, I think masvidal is a terrible matchup for usman. Jorge is the better striker imo and has solid TDD. Look at usman vs meek or even Maia. Or some other fights as well. Not entirely sold on usman just because he knew woodleys blueprint on striking and beat Colby Covington ina war. Not as dominate as rogan and others make him out to be. 

plenty of great matchups. I also think burns wins. But man did usman look great in champ rounds against Colby. 

Jorge is right to hold out in a title fight unless his contract is renegotiated to his satisfaction. Title holders are contracted in perpetuity or until they lose their title. 

He can fight out his contract and possibly leverage other organizations to get paid more

1 Like
TAPES -
ons ear - Masvidal fears Usman..

Laughable to think a professional fighter at the highest level genuinely fears another fighter. Especially someone like masvidal considering where he’s from.

hes just trying to capitalize on his new surging fame.  I don’t agree with going back on contracts but if something drastically changes like it did I understand where he is coming from 

Nothing wrong with wanting to renegotiate but you have to have leverage

JoeHurley - 
Jacinto -

Hes been fighting for almost 20 years, has almost 50 mma fights and is ranked #3 in the UFC welterweight division and you think he’s all hype? Lol.

Jorge is good, but Jorge is not much more than a journeyman.

Jorge is 7 -5 over the last 5 years.

Good luck holding out for a raise.

Bend The Knee -
Gennady Goblin -
Jacinto -
cantuna4u - 
Jacinto -

As weird as it sounds, losing to Connor world be worse than losing to Usman. We all expect that. Connor would expose him as the journeyman b- to c+ fighter that he actually is. The Usman fight would leave questions. 

I don’t actually believe Connor could beat him.

He’s already lost 13 times to mid level opponents and you don’t think a 2 division world champion is capable of beating him lmao

I also favor Masvidal. Look at his losses: Wonderboy (top 3 ww at the time), Maia (top 5 ww at the time, split dec), Lorenz Larkin (beast, split dec), Ben Henderson (split dec, former Champ), Raging Al (top 10, split dec), Gilbert Melendez (Champ), Paul Daley (Dec, Guy is a monster). 

many of those losses could have went the other way depending on who was judging. Also, not to play MMA math, but Masvidal destroyed the guy McGregor had trouble with twice…

I don’t think that list does anything positive for your argument.  

JoeHurley -
Jacinto -

#1… You know those rankings don’t mean shit Joe. #2… 20 years and 7 -5 in your last 12 is the very definition of journeyman and … #3… The whole BMF thing is all hype, and nothing else… 

All three of your points prove what everyone on here is saying...    He is a Journeyman fighter who wants no piece of Usman. 

Teamprimal1 - 
Bend The Knee -
Gennady Goblin -
Jacinto -
cantuna4u - 
Jacinto -

As weird as it sounds, losing to Connor world be worse than losing to Usman. We all expect that. Connor would expose him as the journeyman b- to c+ fighter that he actually is. The Usman fight would leave questions. 

He’s already lost 13 times to mid level opponents and you don’t think a 2 division world champion is capable of beating him lmao

I also favor Masvidal. Look at his losses: Wonderboy (top 3 ww at the time), Maia (top 5 ww at the time, split dec), Lorenz Larkin (beast, split dec), Ben Henderson (split dec, former Champ), Raging Al (top 10, split dec), Gilbert Melendez (Champ), Paul Daley (Dec, Guy is a monster). 

many of those losses could have went the other way depending on who was judging. Also, not to play MMA math, but Masvidal destroyed the guy McGregor had trouble with twice…

Agreed

I understand what Jorge is TRYING to do but all he's actually doing, is overplaying his hand and he will be "forgotten" about by the years end.

Joshinho -

I understand what Jorge is TRYING to do but all he's actually doing, is overplaying his hand and he will be "forgotten" about by the years end.

If he wins the right next fight for him, he will be even more popular.

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Teamprimal1 - 
Bend The Knee -
Gennady Goblin -
Jacinto -
cantuna4u - 
Jacinto -

Agreed

6 of 7 fought for a title in a major organization. He lost most by split decision. Meaning if you put another judge in there he could have had way more wins. There is nothing wrong with losing to those guys. You think Nate Diaz (the guy who finished Conor) beats those guys?

Bend The Knee - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Teamprimal1 - 
Bend The Knee -
Gennady Goblin -
Jacinto -
cantuna4u - 
Jacinto -

Agreed

6 of 7 fought for a title in a major organization. He lost most by split decision. Meaning if you put another judge in there he could have had way more wins. There is nothing wrong with losing to those guys. You think Nate Diaz (the guy who finished Conor) beats those guys?

He is 7 - 5 over the last 5 years.

He is a journeyman.

He isn’t a big PPV draw.

1 Like

The longer he waits the more people forget about him.

Also, he can just sit out his contract but the UFC is going to play hardball and keep extending it and Jorge is going to get screwed on some good fighting years because he thinks he is playing from a position of power.

The UFC will just put someone else in there. Jorge is not irreplacable.

Captain Canuck -

The longer he waits the more people forget about him.

Also, he can just sit out his contract but the UFC is going to play hardball and keep extending it and Jorge is going to get screwed on some good fighting years because he thinks he is playing from a position of power.

The UFC will just put someone else in there. Jorge is not irreplacable.

This.  They can just move on. The thug thing sells. People loved Tank, people love the Diaz Bros and Crazy Horse and all that shit. They can just throw a gold chain on any guy and send him out to a rap song and he will be that guy. Shit, it even worked when the WWE did it was the Cena.     Trust me, now is the time to play that role.  People will eat it up or they are racists.