Coach: Jorge ready when UFC pays what he's worth

Your career is short, why should he take a fight he'd be an underdog in and not cash in when he can. He is a big start and made some good connections with ESPN which help him out. He is not Conor, Jones, Ronda, etc... big but he is in third tier behind guus like Diaz. I think smartest thing for him to do is a rematch with Nate. Ask for same money he got, he will likely get another W because its a favorable fight, then ask for pay raise and fight Conor, Usman or Colby.

cantuna4u -
Joshinho -

I understand what Jorge is TRYING to do but all he's actually doing, is overplaying his hand and he will be "forgotten" about by the years end.

If he wins the right next fight for him, he will be even more popular.

I agree, If he takes it.

I think he should fight mike perry for the BMF belt haha that would be a "big fight.

MixedMartialTart -
JOB -
Dead President -
Gennady Goblin -
Jacinto -
cantuna4u - 
Jacinto -
ons ear -  Masvidal fears Usman..

He should. Usman would bring his hype train to a sudden stop. Best fight he could hope for is against McGregor.

As weird as it sounds, losing to Connor world be worse than losing to Usman. We all expect that. Connor would expose him as the journeyman b- to c+ fighter that he actually is. The Usman fight would leave questions. 

I don’t actually believe Connor could beat him.

He’s already lost 13 times to mid level opponents and you don’t think a 2 division world champion is capable of beating him lmao

Manufactured two division champ

Hardly. He beat the two undisputed champions of their division. 

I’m not even a Conor fan but have to agree. I think the Nate and cowboy fights have clouded everyone’s memory, he flat lined Aldo and Alverez was a champ in bellator and UFC with some huge wins on his record. Conor had to go through Holloway and Porier on his way up but everyone will argue regardless.

He won two championship fights. A great accomplishment, but there are many more fighters who have done as much

Jorge is a guy who can retire right now and it wouldn’t affect the UFC or the fans interest whatsoever.  He needs to learn he hit lightning in a bottle and capitalize.  His pay is going down as the weeks pass by

knockoutfighter -

Jorge is a guy who can retire right now and it wouldn’t affect the UFC or the fans interest whatsoever.  He needs to learn he hit lightning in a bottle and capitalize.  His pay is going down as the weeks pass by

guess you havent saw the news that Burns is out and they need a title challenger for next wknd. I'd say Jorge is in a good spot right now and if it fails he can just call for rematch with Nate which Nate wants and get another fat payday, then ask for even more for his next fight.

Who cares? He takes an L next and will move into obscurity. Hard to promote a shitty record like his too #Factz

ShanTheMan - 

I like Jorge just fine but why the fuck do you sign a contract and then not fight? I know ufc contracts are one sided, but thats how it is. 

Signing the BS company leveraged contract is the “arm twist” to be allowed into the UFC. You have no choice if you want to “be a fucking fighter.” for Dana. “You’re not our employee, you’re an independent contractor. But you can’t fight anywhere else and we basically own you with our contract, lawyers and deep pockets.”

Renegotiating is the arm twist “reversal” when a fighter thinks he has built up enough money-making hype/has his own leverage to say fuck the contract and try to call shots. I don’t think Jorge has that juice, as good as he is. Gotta be a Conor or Ronda.

Plus, Dana probably just doesn’t like him. If he was more of a Forrest Griffin type personality, Dana would probably hook him up just because he fucked up Ben Askren, lol. Brash, prideful, Cuban gangster type is not the preferred UFC posterboy.

cantuna4u -
JoeHurley -
Jacinto -

He should. Usman would bring his hype train to a sudden stop. Best fight he could hope for is against McGregor.

Hes been fighting for almost 20 years, has almost 50 mma fights and is ranked #3 in the UFC welterweight division and you think he’s all hype? Lol.

#1… You know those rankings don’t mean shit Joe. #2… 20 years and 7 -5 in your last 12 is the very definition of journeyman and … #3… The whole BMF thing is all hype, and nothing else… 

All three of your points prove what everyone on here is saying...    He is a Journeyman fighter who wants no piece of Usman. 

#1 The ranking means hes been fighting for a while and is successful. You dont just sign to the ufc and get ranked #3. 

#2 Its always funny when you guys try to slant the truth with the number game where you pick some random number of fights so it can include the most losses ar a particular time. Here, I will try it. He's 3-0 in his last 3 fights allnofnwhich Hebron by KO or TKO. Or hes 6-2 in his last 8 fights and he's 35-13 in his last 48 fights which is a 16 more wins with only 2 more losses than Randy Couture. See, I can do it too. Lol.

#3 What does the BMF title have to do with this discussion on Jorge being all hype?

Not trying to be rude here, but you dont seem to understand the definition of hype and just seem to be repeating the "hype train" buzzword you've heard.

2 Likes
JoeHurley -
Jacinto -

Hes been fighting for almost 20 years, has almost 50 mma fights and is ranked #3 in the UFC welterweight division and you think he’s all hype? Lol.

This. It’d be different if some of his losses weren’t split decisions to title contenders. He’s on a tear. That Till KO was phenomenal.

Sign a contract then demand more money one fight later lol Jorge aint the sharpest tool in the shed. Let Colby melt this guy back to reality. 

JoeHurley -
cantuna4u -
JoeHurley -
Jacinto -

#1… You know those rankings don’t mean shit Joe. #2… 20 years and 7 -5 in your last 12 is the very definition of journeyman and … #3… The whole BMF thing is all hype, and nothing else… 

All three of your points prove what everyone on here is saying...    He is a Journeyman fighter who wants no piece of Usman. 

#1 The ranking means hes been fighting for a while and is successful. You dont just sign to the ufc and get ranked #3. 

#2 Its always funny when you guys try to slant the truth with the number game where you pick some random number of fights so it can include the most losses ar a particular time. Here, I will try it. He's 3-0 in his last 3 fights allnofnwhich Hebron by KO or TKO. Or hes 6-2 in his last 8 fights and he's 35-13 in his last 48 fights which is a 16 more wins with only 2 more losses than Randy Couture. See, I can do it too. Lol.

#3 What does the BMF title have to do with this discussion on Jorge being all hype?

Not trying to be rude here, but you dont seem to understand the definition of hype and just seem to be repeating the "hype train" buzzword you've heard.

#1. Ask Marlon and Aljo if the rankings mean anything in relation to when you get your title shot.

#2. Good point. But let's not compare Randy's level of competition to Masvidal.

#3. If it ain't a real belt, it's a Hype belt. 

We will see. Looks like they just signed Usman vs Masvidal.

Much respect Joe

Masvidal is toast.   At least he got paid.  This will not end well for him.

cantuna4u -
JoeHurley -
cantuna4u -
JoeHurley -
Jacinto -

#1. Ask Marlon and Aljo if the rankings mean anything in relation to when you get your title shot.

#2. Good point. But let's not compare Randy's level of competition to Masvidal.

#3. If it ain't a real belt, it's a Hype belt. 

We will see. Looks like they just signed Usman vs Masvidal.

Much respect Joe

#1 nobody is talking about a title shit. Quit throwing up smoke screens

#2 why not? If you can bring up random non related comparisons then why cant i?

#3 it's a meaningless made up belt...but jorge is not hype. He is the real deal.

Respect to you too. Thank you for adding some points to the debate.