Coker: Bellator has best 205 division in the sport

With the UFC light heavyweight GOAT Jon Jones vacating the title and moving up to heavyweight, Bellator CEO Scott Coker argues that his promotion has the best 205-pound division in the sport.

“Listen, with Jon Jones moving up to heavyweight, I think we have the best 205-pound weight on the planet with Bader, Gegard wants to move up, we have Machida, and we have Corey Anderson now,” argued Coker. “We have a bunch of killers in that weight To me, we have a great roster of fights for [Corey Anderson] – and even Phil Davis. I mean, we’ll be able to put some great fights together, and I’m excited about that division.”

“I got to meet [Anderson]. I got breakfast with him and DC probably like two weeks ago, and he’s been training with DC. DC said, ‘Hey, you have to take a look at this kid.’

“At the same time, [Bellator matchmakers] Rich and Mike were saying, ‘Hey, we should really sign him. He’s a top four or five guy in the world. He’d be a great addition to our 205 division.'”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT_mLfR21lc

h/t  Danny Segura and Nolan King for MMA Junkie

That's gonna be a no from me. Also, I think Coker has done a shit job with Bellator overall compared to Strikeforce.

7 Likes

Theres less of a gap between UFC/Bellator at LHW than with most other divisions I guess, but better? nah.

Coker has made Bellator even less interesting than when it had tournaments. I really don’t understand why they keep him.

1 Like

UFC has.. Dominick Reyes, Jan, Glover.. 

whadda goof 

Who knows really. Maybe Coker is right the UFCs LHW division is pretty bad 

2 Likes

"with Jon Jones moving up"

"...even Phil Davis"

Fucking Bellator, man.  Just can't help themselves. It's comical how time and again they clown themselves and literally tell everyone that UFC is superior. 

Bellator has some good fights but they do need to find something that sets them apart.

The tournament format seems to do that.

They should really run with it.

As someone who grew up on the who had the better Lhw UFC, Chuck, Tito , Randy, Vitor vs Pride Wand, shogun Rampage era this really saddens me 

Can we compare the top 10 lists from each to see?

1 Like
dinkledorf -

Who knows really. Maybe Coker is right the UFCs LHW division is pretty bad 

Yeah. The UFC LHW division isn't shit right now.

Dominick Reyes

Thiago Santos

Jan B?achowicz

Glover Teixeira

Anthony Smith

Ji?í Procházka

Volkan Oezdemir

Aleksandar Raki?

Nikita Krylov

Misha Cikunov 

1 Like

He Has to say that it's his organization, but no, UFC has the best in the world, otherwise make them clash n find out

Actually both aren’t very good. A lot of old fighters. I would give UFC the edge right now.

Coker is kind of delusional though, anything can happen in any fight, but if Jonny Walker goes all in, he would beat Bellator’s top 10 no problem 

1 Like

All I know is, Bader is heavy favourite to walk through the UFC LHW division in 2020

The divisions are both fairly terrible. With Cormier, Jones, Gus & Rumble all moving divisions or retiring. Bader is easily the best LHW in the world right now 

1 Like
Dreville79 -

All I know is, Bader is heavy favourite to walk through the UFC LHW division in 2020

The divisions are both fairly terrible. With Cormier, Jones, Gus & Rumble all moving divisions or retiring. Bader is easily the best LHW in the world right now 

Unfortunately for Bader, Rumble is coming back to enter in the USADA pool.

1 Like
Dreville79 -

Bader hasn't fought at LHW in about 3 years.