Coker: Fedor negotiations 'closer than ever'

Fedor is #1 and you UFC hacks can't stand it. If he never fights again he will still be the greatest. No fighter has ever had a more exciting career. I miss Pride and the early days when there wasn't so much money involved. Most posters here were in pre-school when Royce won the first UFC.

permanentmidknight - If Fedor returns to Japan/Dream/FEG, would Strikeforce lend ANY of their talent so he could have any kind of opponent?  

Strikeforce wouldn't have to 'lend' their talent. Their contracts are not exclusive outside of North America. Any of the guys being mentioned as possible opponents within Strikeforce are free to sign a deal with a Japanese promoter to fight Fedor.

The only question is ... does any Japanese promoter have the financial resources to make the fight happen?

At this point there are plenty more fighters in SF that I'm more interested in watching than Fedor.

Verdum, Overreem, Diaz, Melendez to name a just a few.

I'd of preferred they just said no to the demands, and sat on the contract until Fedor agreed to fight. They let Fedor get away with this, they've set the precedent for fighters dealing with their company. This is why I will cheer for Fedor to lose in any further fights in his career. The less leverage he has, the better it is for MMA. I want him to be the last of his kind with this m1 shit.

The only question is ... does any Japanese promoter have the financial resources to make the fight happen?
Ok.  I would think FEG would/could put up the money for a super fight against the reem.

permanentmidknight - 
Ok.  I would think FEG would/could put up the money for a super fight against the reem.

I'm not even sure that FEG is still going to be in the MMA business after NYE Dynamite.

dabigchet - i am disputing your assertion that strikeforce wants to lock fedor up prior to giving him another fight

Oh, but they do. Coker has stated, repeatedly (and again, as recently as yesterday), that Strikeforce does want to "lock fedor up prior to giving him another fight" and would rather have Fedor for up to 4 to 6 more fights instead of just 1 - which why they are trying to get an extension done before giving him his final fight. This is what Strikeforce WANTS to do - exactly as I stated, exactly in Coker's own words. They have also said that they would be willing to give Fedor that final fight without an extension, but that they would PREFER to lock Fedor up more long-term - which is why Strikeforce WANTED to enter into negotiations for an extension in the first place. Again, exactly as I previously stated.

Please show me where I specifically said otherwise. It should be really easy for you to find, too, if it was such an "assertion" on my part, as you claim. Go ahead. Quote it here now.

Apparently, you could not find a portion of my post where I actually stated a factual inaccuracy or misrepresentation, so you had to resort to making up a claim that I did not actually make, in order to dispute that point instead. A common tactic for the desperate.
dabigchet - of course they want to negotiate a new deal.

Thank you for acknowledging the reality that "of course" Strikeforce themselves wanted to enter into negotiations this time, because "they want to negotiate a new deal." (Which was my essential "assertion.")
dabigchet - could your fedor trigger finger be any itchier?

Oh the hypocrisy. This coming from one of the more Fedor-fixated, itchy-trigger-fingered noobs on this forum. I mean, I definitely post a lot about Fedor here, but I at least post at (nauseating) length on other fighters as well - do you even post extensively about any other fighter besides Fedor?

(Although given how limited your knowledge of MMA is in general, I guess we should almost be thanking you for confining yourself mainly to just Fedor, ha-ha. And thanks for being good lately about confining yourself to Fedor's post-TUF career as well. Your previous endeavors to stretch beyond those limits were not so well-received, were they. Maybe you're finally learning to limit yourself according to your own limitations. Good for you.)

i want to see Fedor vs Big Foot Silva, it makes sense

Overeem said he wont be back until late spring/early summer

and Werdum is riding this win for all its worth, even saying he wants a tune-up fight before he returns to Strikeforce

dabigchet - "They have also said that they would be willing to give Fedor that final fight without an extension"

no shit. this was my point and is not consistent with your earlier post

whistleblower - Please show me where I specifically said otherwise. It should be really easy for you to find, too, if it was such an "assertion" on my part, as you claim. Go ahead. Quote it here now.

Apparently, you could not find a portion of my post where I actually stated a factual inaccuracy or misrepresentation, so you had to resort to making up a claim that I did not actually make, in order to dispute that point instead. A common tactic for the desperate.

Don't care anymore. Phone Post

dabigchet - you are asking me to specifically show you where you omitted something?

No, I am asking you to show me the "assertion" which you specifically claimed I made in my post (which is what you claimed to be specifically "disputing," remember?). So where is that "assertion"? (Or instead of being repeatedly unable to come up with anything so far - and you never will - can you just admit you were wrong and that I made no such "assertion" at all, like you attributed?)
whistleblower - It should be really easy for you to find, too, if it was such an "assertion" on my part, as you claim. Go ahead. Quote it here now.

crickets

So they're giving in to build the stadium that M-1 always wanted?

thats like when andre the giant told the fans that his knee "would be better than ever" before dying of a heart attack.

dabigchet - You are being deliberately obtuse.

Oh the irony.
dabigchet - Your original post asserts - whether you intended to or not - that strikeforce is waiting until a new deal is in place before Fedor fights.

Could you please show me - finally - where in my original post does it "assert" what you keep trying to attribute to it? Please directly quote it here for all to see. Why do you keep claiming that I have previously "asserted" something - without being able to point out exactly where this was ever "asserted"? If I actually "asserted" it (you do know what that word means, don't you?), I didn't just vaguely imply it or leave it unsaid.

So then where is it? Please show us where I actually said and "asserted" what you claim. Go ahead. Just one quote showing where I specifically said so would resolve this debate. Why have you been entirely unable to do so, despite posting 3 additional times since I asked you to simply produce said "assertion"? (Btw, you always do this. You desperately cling to a point, even when you have none - and even after you've already been exposed on it. But it's always funny watching you continually scramble and ultimately tuck, as usual.)

What my original post did specifically "assert," though - and which you then entirely agreed with - is that Strikeforce themselves WANTED to enter into these negotiations in the first place. So now please, at long last, quote the other "assertions" that you specifically claim. (Or just finally admit the obvious, that you can't - because they weren't actually there. Otherwise you would have done so by now.)
*crickets*

Bah! Just make it happen Coker. Phone Post

dabigchet - sure, tard, i will quote the entirety of your post, for everyone to see you NOT imply in any way shape for form that strikeforce was willing to have fedor fight prior to signing a new contract.

Oh, so now because I did "NOT imply" any such thing - that means I actually "asserted" otherwise? (Which is what you specifically claimed I did.) LOL, WTF. (So then by your own standard, if you did "NOT imply" that you were a heterosexual, then that means you "asserted" you were a homosexual instead? Okay then, ha-ha.) I guess you really don't know what the word "assertion" means - even though you specifically used it - because NOT implying something does not mean actually making any "assertion" at all. Actually, NOT implying something is even the OPPOSITE of actually asserting something.

But at least you now admit I ultimately "asserted" NOTHING about how Strikeforce was "waiting until a new deal is in place before Fedor fights" - which directly contradicts your own previous claim that I had actually made this specific "assertion." (Btw, I love how it eventually went from "asserted" to just did "not imply" instead. You have a conspicuous habit of desperately shifting and backing off from your own words.)
dabigchet - the message of this post - again, whether you like it or not - is not that a new deal is merely "preferred", but that it is REQUIRED prior to the last fight, which is the STANDARD PRACTICE YOU MENTION.

LOL @ "the message of this post." If that was really "the message of this post" - then why can you not find ANYTHING I actually said there which specifically stated, much less "asserted" (LOL), that an extension was actually "REQUIRED prior to the last fight"? Where is this specific "assertion" which you claimed I made in that post? Please, finally, point it out for us.

And seriously, do you even follow MMA? No, it is NOT "standard practice" that a new contract is "REQUIRED" before giving out the last fight on a contract. WTF. This really needs to be explained to you? The UFC gave out final fights to guys like Arlovski and Hendo without an extension. Hell, Strikeforce themselves recently (and quite notoriously) did the same with Jake Shields.

But yes, it IS "very standard practice" for a promotion to want and try to get an extension done before that last fight, and "negotiate for a NEW contract beyond his current one" (EXACTLY as I stated) - although obviously it is NOT ultimately "REQUIRED," as evidenced by those several well-known examples from the UFC and Strikeforce itself. (Which is why I specifically never stated any such "requirement" in my post. Otherwise, once again, please show me where I ever said that an extension was "REQUIRED." Or where I ever said that Strikeforce "REQUIRED" these negotiations - when in fact, I started off by explicitly stressing that "Strikeforce WANTED" these negotiations for an extension.)

Why do you keep trying to put new words and statements into my post which aren't actually there, which I never made? (Or "asserted," ha-ha.)
whistleblower - Apparently, you could not find a portion of my post where I actually stated a factual inaccuracy or misrepresentation, so you had to resort to making up a claim that I did not actually make, in order to dispute that point instead. A common tactic for the desperate.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

dabigchet - what exactly did you mean by "before allowing"?

Uh, before assigning or giving out? You know, the primary definition of "allow" when used as a transitive verb? (Which is specifically how I used it in my post. And exactly like if I had said that the UFC had wanted to extend Arlovski "before allowing" the final fight on his contract - but which obviously was not ultimately "REQUIRED," before "allowing" it.) It seems you are badly in need of a dictionary. If you really need to know what "allow" means, especially in the context in which I used it - here you go: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/allow. (And look up "assert" there while you're at it, ha-ha.)

You're welcome for the lesson on the English language. (As well as for the lesson on what is and is not actually "required" - while still being "very standard practice" in MMA.)