Coker is making a mockery of bellator

What's with him and his freak show fights. Tito vs bonner and making the event look like a wwe event. That fight blew btw. Now kimbo and shamrock cmon man. Shamrock Is way to old and has nothing left and you could see that his last few fights which were years ago. He has 0 chin and is so slow. Kimbo is. Primarily and boxer and he's not even really great at that. He's ok as a boxer on professional combat sports that's it. But this fight will sell because it will be one of those I don't want to see this but I can't help but look thing. I know I'll be watching but what's next for bellator. There card aren't that great they have some solid guys but if this is Scott comers way of competing with ufc he's got a LONG way to go. He's paying these washed up fighters big money but then stiffs the guys that deserve it. It's ridiculous 20,000 for one of there best guy shlemenko and 10k for king mo and it's like that with all there top guys but you'll pay Tito 300k and bonner 100k. They aren't worth that money even on their best day. I bet kimbo and shamrock have huge payday a like that to. Kimbo hasn't earned that type of money. He's fought SCRUBS on the Internet. You saw what happen when he fights a trained guy. Just had to rant it's just mind boggling. Phone Post 3.0

Yup. I'm subbing this shit Phone Post 3.0

I don't see how this doesn't end well for the OP Phone Post 3.0

And theres a huge percentage that it never goes through because of shamrock. He's known for backing out last min or getting "hurt". Phone Post 3.0

You answered your own question, they bring eyeballs to the product. It'll be up to Coker to bring in real talent in the coming years to sustain interest the Kimbo's and Tito's bring. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Ben Askren back in Bellator as soon as he becomes available. Coker knows what he's doing imo. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife -

He got higher ratings for Tito than any bellator show ever. They are recruiting talent, both young and UFC castoffs. Who may have a large ability to draw simply out of nostalgia.  Kimbo drew a then record almost 8 million viewers on broadcast tv.  

Yes its a freakshow fight. So what? Im okay with those. Like toney in the UFC 

Hey man I agree. He's getting ratings but how long does that last. I mean look what happen to the last organization he ran. Also yeah he got the most rating ever in bellator but it was a legit boring and shitty fight. This one won't be any different. Like I said they do have solid guys and they're getting more but they're no where near competing with the ufc. Phone Post 3.0

You know damn well you're gonna watch it! Phone Post 3.0

No he's getting ratings which makes the company money. Phone Post 3.0

glock4life - You know damn well you're gonna watch it! Phone Post 3.0
Hahah yes I am. I can't help but to watch it! Phone Post 3.0

Kimbo and Shamrock are proven fighters so while it's a publicity grab at least it's a much more legit move than signing CM Punk. Phone Post 3.0

They are trying to compete but in a different manner, because they can't go head to head with the UFC saying their champion is the best in the world. They are bringing people that otherwise wouldn't care for a fight AND us the hardcores IMO why the fuck not the more fights the better. Phone Post 3.0

I generally defend the UFC more than Bellator around here, but I can hardly blame Bellator for wanting to play up spectacle. Not only does it draw eyeballs, not only does it help their product stand apart from the UFC, Bellator can also make money off people like Kimbo without fear of the UFC trying to sign them away.

There's plenty of room for fights like this in the sport as long as they're not mismatches. Not every fight has to be the most credible fight possible, and it's not like anyone's pretending these fights are for a world title. Some fights can just be for fun, you know?

If they book Michael Page on the same card I am in as fuck.

Have you seen tomorrow's card? Nothing freak show about it. Just an awesome card.

They put these type of fights on to draw viewers to the event, then put their fighters on the card too, giving their guys a chance to get a lot of exposure. Phone Post 3.0

In before join date post. Phone Post 3.0

I kind of felt the same way before Tito Bonnar. I blogged a little about the goofy rasslin antics. But it ended up being the most watched fight of the year in the USA. So I actually apologized on the phone. Coker is doing an excellent job.

Take a breath OP. Coker is doing what he has to do to build the organization, develop talent, and build up his fighters.

PrettyBoy - Kimbo and Shamrock are proven fighters so while it's a publicity grab at least it's a much more legit move than signing CM Punk. Phone Post 3.0

This.

I guess I didn't see it that way. You're right. They have to do what they have to do to get eyeballs to watch. Like I said bellator does have a solid roster. I just look at fight like these as jokes that's all. Phone Post 3.0

My apologizes. Lost my green arrow over this post lol Phone Post 3.0

"But this fight will sell because it will be one of those I don't want to see this but I can't help but look thing. I know I'll be watching but what's next for bellator."

Casuals come for these "main events" and witness real fighters like Chandler, Brooks, and Georgi in co-mains (still getting exposure). And you nailed it with "can't help but look" for the hardcores, everyone will watch this card. Appreciate the strategy.