Coker is making a mockery of bellator

Bane170 - My apologizes. Lost my green arrow over this post lol Phone Post 3.0
That's probably because it was a stupid post.

There are plenty of great fighters in Bellator. Problem is no one tunes in to watch them because no one has ever heard of them. Coker makes these ridiculous fights to get people's attention, because as much shit as we might talk we all know we want to see them, thus creating exposure for these lesser known dudes. It might be slightly exploitative, but it's still not even half as slimy/shady as the way Bjorn ran things Phone Post 3.0

Too long didnt read Phone Post 3.0

BJTT_MrAntichrist -
Bane170 - My apologizes. Lost my green arrow over this post lol Phone Post 3.0
That's probably because it was a stupid post.

There are plenty of great fighters in Bellator. Problem is no one tunes in to watch them because no one has ever heard of them. Coker makes these ridiculous fights to get people's attention, because as much shit as we might talk we all know we want to see them, thus creating exposure for these lesser known dudes. It might be slightly exploitative, but it's still not even half as slimy/shady as the way Bjorn ran things Phone Post 3.0
I agree. I should thought about it before I posted. Sometimes the impulses take over! Phone Post 3.0

Bane170 - 
glock4life - You know damn well you're gonna watch it! Phone Post 3.0
Hahah yes I am. I can't help but to watch it! Phone Post 3.0

/thread

Are these guys the best fighters in MMA? Hell no.

Should Ken Shamrock ever be licensed to fight a legit bout again? Probably not.

Will this draw viewers and put asses in the seats? Of course it will. That's what Coker is there to do.

I really don't ever want to see Ken take another beating but I know I'll be watching this card.

You can call it a freak show main event all you want. Regardless of that, people will tune in and see some of Bellator's up and coming talent. Hopefully, people will then watch Bellator to see those guys fight in the future. Phone Post 3.0

Can Ken Shamrock even be licensed? He's 51 years old and been KO'd at least half a dozen times. He hasn't been relevant in a decade. Hell you could make the argument that he hasn't been relevant since he went to the WWF in '97.

Car accident fights are the way to go now.

Scott comers Phone Post 3.0

Coker is awesome and is doing an amazing job. If only he could get Seth Petruzelli out of retirement now!

To some extent you have to work with what you have. Bellator is run as a tv show so anything goes as long as it gets eyes. Considering his position and the pool of available talent he has to work with, he doesn't have that many options.

Tomato Can - Can Ken Shamrock even be licensed? He's 51 years old and been KO'd at least half a dozen times. He hasn't been relevant in a decade. Hell you could make the argument that he hasn't been relevant since he went to the WWF in '97.

UFC 40 did 775,000 ppv buys......

I refuse to watch Slice/Shamrock.

And this coming from someone who loved Pride freakshow fights.

VTCO - 
PrettyBoy - Kimbo and Shamrock are proven fighters so while it's a publicity grab at least it's a much more legit move than signing CM Punk. Phone Post 3.0

This.

Yup

drewb75 - 
Tomato Can - Can Ken Shamrock even be licensed? He's 51 years old and been KO'd at least half a dozen times. He hasn't been relevant in a decade. Hell you could make the argument that he hasn't been relevant since he went to the WWF in '97.

First of all, you're insanely wrong. UFC 40 did something around 100,000 buys which was actually a huge number for Zuffa at the time.

Second of all, I meant "relevant" in terms of his ability as a fighter and a contender, not in terms of his drawing power.

PrettyBoy - Kimbo and Shamrock are proven fighters so while it's a publicity grab at least it's a much more legit move than signing CM Punk. Phone Post 3.0

PrettyBoy just beat the OP to the living death

go get a tissue babe

drewb75 - 

"UFC 40 proved to be the most critical event to date in the Zuffa era. The event sold out the MGM Grand Arena and sold 150,000 pay per view buys, a rate over three times larger than the previous Zuffa events"

Kimbo vs Shamrock might end up being more competitive than either of the three Tito vs Shamrock fights were.

drewb75 - 

That was UFC 61 in 2006. UFC 40 did 150,000.

Cindy

I guess Comes is really not that different than your average promoter, signing a 51 year old?

I'm concerned for Jen.

Shamrock should not be licensed to fight at 51 years old, for his own good .

But if he does fight isnt he getting close to SKIP HALL'S record of oldest MMA fighter?