Coker is making a mockery of bellator

I like to be a little snobby about mma but I like freak show fight. I'll watch Phone Post 3.0

Eyeballs for exposure of younger up and coming fighters is NEVER BAD. MMA will grow with this approach.. Like it or not.. Hopefully younger fighters will be paid more than 8k per fight like they do in the major organization now.. (with ability to make "bonuses" of coarse...)

Strikeforce 2.0, same colors etc, fights with big ratings, he knows what he's doing Phone Post 3.0

I want to see aging "legends" fight. I'd still like to see it for sure. Shammy was in ufc 1, let him fight wherever whenever if he's willing and gets licensed. Phone Post 3.0

Coker is being a smart promoter. He is using the drawing power of big names while he builds homegrown talent. It's not that much different from what he did in Strikeforce only know he needs to rely more on those big names because he doesn't have a Nick Diaz, Gil Melendez, Jake Shields, Jacare and others as a base. He basically is starting fresh aside from a few guys like Lima, Koreshkov, Chandler, Brooks etc. Phone Post 3.0

a fights a fight, theyre not dropping decent fighters so they can sign freakshows, theyre adding them to cards people already arnt watching.

im fine with the occasional "freak show" as long as your not setting up a mauling like sergei vs ninja rua...i think a lot of times they pose interesting strategical problems for some fighters, and dont think they should be ruled out in the HW division where we already dont see enough fights, let alone interesting matchups that dont resemble rockem sockem

Bane170 -
BJTT_MrAntichrist -
Bane170 - My apologizes. Lost my green arrow over this post lol Phone Post 3.0
That's probably because it was a stupid post.

There are plenty of great fighters in Bellator. Problem is no one tunes in to watch them because no one has ever heard of them. Coker makes these ridiculous fights to get people's attention, because as much shit as we might talk we all know we want to see them, thus creating exposure for these lesser known dudes. It might be slightly exploitative, but it's still not even half as slimy/shady as the way Bjorn ran things Phone Post 3.0
I agree. I should thought about it before I posted. Sometimes the impulses take over! Phone Post 3.0
Outside of that goofy Tito/Bonnar fight, who was pushed? Nobody came out of that night with any heat. If so tell me who because 8 million viewers could have been a star maker. Shamrock/Kimbo won't do near that number! I'm also curious to see given the entirety of his career and the accumulative brain damage he has suffered, will a legit AC even license him to fight.

I am a huge Shamrock fan. Listen to his stor Phone Post 3.0

THE_REAL_AMERICAN -

How cute... OP got himself a free UG membership for Valentines Day this year.

Waiting for Sweetest Day to sign up on Sherdog ?

That was hilarious!! You must be a comedian of some sort! You're the coolest guy ever because you pay for your og account wow how can I be like you! Phone Post 3.0

Ramsey -
Bane170 -
BJTT_MrAntichrist -
Bane170 - My apologizes. Lost my green arrow over this post lol Phone Post 3.0
That's probably because it was a stupid post.

There are plenty of great fighters in Bellator. Problem is no one tunes in to watch them because no one has ever heard of them. Coker makes these ridiculous fights to get people's attention, because as much shit as we might talk we all know we want to see them, thus creating exposure for these lesser known dudes. It might be slightly exploitative, but it's still not even half as slimy/shady as the way Bjorn ran things Phone Post 3.0
I agree. I should thought about it before I posted. Sometimes the impulses take over! Phone Post 3.0
Outside of that goofy Tito/Bonnar fight, who was pushed? Nobody came out of that night with any heat. If so tell me who because 8 million viewers could have been a star maker. Shamrock/Kimbo won't do near that number! I'm also curious to see given the entirety of his career and the accumulative brain damage he has suffered, will a legit AC even license him to fight.

I am a huge Shamrock fan. Listen to his stor Phone Post 3.0
I'm a shamrock fan to. But when's enough enough. Like you said his brain is probably fried over the years. Look no need for everyone to kick my head in dam! I was just saying. So the title was a little much. All I was saying is he's paying these guys that don't deserve the money. Where he can actually pay for guys that are relevant. I watched Tito bonner and I'll watch this next one to. Phone Post 3.0

GJdeux -

yea because james toney and cm punk are the most sought after mma fightes and should fight in the superbowl of mma. lol@ bellator being a freak show

I'm not saying they are I think cm punk is a joke. As a fighter myself who puts in blood sweat and tears for this sport that will have to earn my way up. He just walks in and gets a shot. It's b.s so no I do t agree with it. As for james toney that was just to take a shot at boxing to prove that both sports are different worlds. You put a boxer in the ufc he loses and vice versa Phone Post 3.0

BigDaddy15 - "But this fight will sell because it will be one of those I don't want to see this but I can't help but look thing. I know I'll be watching but what's next for bellator."

Casuals come for these "main events" and witness real fighters like Chandler, Brooks, and Georgi in co-mains (still getting exposure). And you nailed it with "can't help but look" for the hardcores, everyone will watch this card. Appreciate the strategy.

I agree with this, glad to see many others agree as well... Viacom is a publicly traded company, they want eyeballs and results plain and simple.

as it stand, people should be to recognize coker's strategy should give it a shot...

Franky, bellator has solid talent, the problem is that they don't have huge names, what coker is trying to do is make a freakshow and make it a main fight for the absolute casuals(tito/bonnar, kimbo/shamrock)to bring in as many raw numbers as possible. throw in a legit comain(brooks/chandler)in an attempt to expose them to the casuals who have probably never heard of them, then following is a bangfest(schilling/manhoef) to keep them happy all card long..

this is how coker is trying to build names and honestly, its not a bad move....

well see if some of the tito card numbers transfer over with brooks main eventing against jansen in Irvine CA. if they get solid numbers(the show should do solid but not spectacular numbers) then it shows that coker has a solid gameplan and should keep doing what he is doing.

Bane170 - 
glock4life - You know damn well you're gonna watch it! Phone Post 3.0
Hahah yes I am. I can't help but to watch it! Phone Post 3.0

/thread = )

Bane170 - What's with him and his freak show fights. Tito vs bonner and making the event look like a wwe event. That fight blew btw. Now kimbo and shamrock cmon man. Shamrock Is way to old and has nothing left and you could see that his last few fights which were years ago. He has 0 chin and is so slow. Kimbo is. Primarily and boxer and he's not even really great at that. He's ok as a boxer on professional combat sports that's it. But this fight will sell because it will be one of those I don't want to see this but I can't help but look thing. I know I'll be watching but what's next for bellator. There card aren't that great they have some solid guys but if this is Scott comers way of competing with ufc he's got a LONG way to go. He's paying these washed up fighters big money but then stiffs the guys that deserve it. It's ridiculous 20,000 for one of there best guy shlemenko and 10k for king mo and it's like that with all there top guys but you'll pay Tito 300k and bonner 100k. They aren't worth that money even on their best day. I bet kimbo and shamrock have huge payday a like that to. Kimbo hasn't earned that type of money. He's fought SCRUBS on the Internet. You saw what happen when he fights a trained guy. Just had to rant it's just mind boggling. Phone Post 3.0
OP needs to learn how to write.

Bellator is way better now than it was a year ago. Fuck off! Phone Post 3.0

Maybe Pride was a mockery to you as well OP?

Bellaforce is finding their niche.

THE_REAL_AMERICAN -
Bane170 - 
GJdeux -

yea because james toney and cm punk are the most sought after mma fightes and should fight in the superbowl of mma. lol@ bellator being a freak show

I'm not saying they are I think cm punk is a joke. As a fighter myself who puts in blood sweat and tears for this sport that will have to earn my way up. He just walks in and gets a shot. It's b.s so no I do t agree with it. As for james toney that was just to take a shot at boxing to prove that both sports are different worlds. You put a boxer in the ufc he loses and vice versa Phone Post 3.0

a fighter ?

fights his bi-curiousity

he's 0-17-1

Again another great joke! Where do you come up with these? You're probably such a tool seeing how you're jokes are. Phone Post 3.0

im 2-0 as a amateur you can check me out your self. Shane larocca Phone Post 3.0

Can't spell mockery without Coker!! Phone Post 3.0

lol, mma is a mockery.

I like the direction Coker is taking bellator.