Colby Covington explains UFC 245 loss

redruM14 -

All of his points are valid. I thought the same thing when the replay showed what looked like a poke to the left eye but he held his right eye which didnt get touched. Same with the fake nut shot and the corner audio.

Came to say this specifically. 

I forgot all about the eyepoke.  I remember in the fight thinking " why is he complaining about the eye that didn't get poked?"

1 Like
Nytron -
ranier wolfcastle -

need gifs tosupport his arguement

The only thing faked was the 2-3 "eye pokes" that Colby pretended Usman landed on him. None of them were eye pokes, they were huge power punches right on the button which perma-maimed Colby. Colby is a shitty actor, but somehow the ref bought it.

Marc Goddard literally rescued Colby in the fight just after Usman landed the most significant strike of the fight which BROKE Colby's jaw.

I repeat: Colby's cheating was egregious - He literally faked that the most significant strike of the fight was an eye poke, when it wasn't. See above gif and the gif of the poster below me.

Had the ref not intervened after the jaw breaking MAGAbomb Usman landed as seen in above gif, Usman likely would have been able to follow up and finish the fight then and there.

Colby is super salty in defeat as well. Usman came into the fight with a badly injured hand, and Colby cheated multiple times in the fight but Colby STILL got fucking perma-maimed, dropped, and TKO'd in brutal fashion.

TL:DR: Colby is a piece of shit scumbag. Colby intentionally cheated egregiously in the fight 2-3 times, Usman cheated 0 times. Usman came into fight with severely injured hand and still perma-maimed, dropped, and TKO'd Colby in brutal fashion.

Is there a longer gif than that.

I have a feeling he's complaining about a eyepoke that happened prior to that strike.

1 Like

He's right about the nutshot.

The guy faked it. 100% faked it.

That's as low as it gets.

God Of Thunder -

Could say Colby wasn't great at his job either that night when he's running out of the cage with a shattered jaw

Pretty obvious this clownshow deserved every ounce of the roasting he got online after the fight. The thing all these pretenders forget is in addition to the mountain of trash, you got to also come thru with a win. If you lose, you just look like a colossal fool talking a bunch of spite thru a broken jaw.

This is the UFC, not the WWE. You can't talk twisted steel and sex appeal, but end up with broken laws and busted jaws.

Don't nobody got time for that shit!

just because you love the president, and colby covington doesnt mean he won the fight. sometimes, people you like fail to meet your expectations, and sometimes they exceed them. this time colby failed, but not without merit. 

once you explore that idea, give this one a try.  sometimes people that you like do things that you don't care for. it's ok not to like that too.