Combination Question

What do you like to throw (or do) after a jab, cross, leg kick combo? I always end up covering and sliding to the left or right but would like to continue throwing one or two more strikes.

well, that depends, is the leg kick with the rear leg or the front leg?

Also, throwing double kicks throws people off. don't forget that breaking the rhythm is an excellent tactic. Catch them when they're recovering from your leg kick, when they think you're going to back off or cover.

step off , head kick... corner out, sit hard and throw cross hook cross...and knee bomb

SubSition - well, that depends, is the leg kick with the rear leg or the front leg?

Also, throwing double kicks throws people off. don't forget that breaking the rhythm is an excellent tactic. Catch them when they're recovering from your leg kick, when they think you're going to back off or cover.

rear leg.

And thanks

Cuddlebug 2 -  I always end up covering and sliding to the left or right

If you slide right, throw a left hook on your way.

my fourth technique is always a leg-hump. always.

shoot!

You throw a 1-2-10?  I always throw 1-2-3-10 going ffrom a lh tech to rh (or foot) so your weight is set up to throw with the most power.  Is that not how most do it? 

i combine oreos with milk

I always liked left hook, right knee after the "Hoost" combo you speak of. But it really matters what kind of leg kick you are throwing and the distance you have after the leg kick. I have seen a Tyrone Spong seminar where he demonstrated throwing a jab, cross, right knee (land in south paw stance), right hook, left knee.... That scrambled my brain trying to do his combo for awhile

It flows for me as a 1-2 then power (rear) leg kick.

I like 1-2-10 also... or 1-2-1-9.

It depends on the Opp. reaction to the jab.

first and foremost you have to let them know you can hit them hard with a jab. how? bust em in the face as hard as you can with it. then see how they react from there.

if they cover with their forearms when it's coming, go with a L hook or knee to the body. follow that with a right thai kick if you can.

double jab.

fake jab, then jab to the body, followed by an over hand right when they lower their hands to protect the body.

if they try to just parry the jab, fake it and then throw a hard jab. or fake and go to a left hook.

you also always have the jab followed by the straight right.

once you land the jab though you want to follow with something. 'punches in bunches'.

but, if you can't convince them that you have a heavy jab and can hit them with it then it really doesn't matter.

ttt for more input

Well, I always favored following up with a knee coming from your former lead leg (if you decide to plant your leg after the leg kick), then a hook, straight/uppercut depending on whether your opponent moves or not, and then an overhand/takedown/push kick/dirty boxing. These last four also depend on your opponent's reactions. OH: if opp backs up, TD: if you want to take your opponent down for points or to finish, PK: if you want to push your opp away, DB: if you want to keep it close and keep them guessing. These are just some examples. It all depends on what your opponent does. The best thing to do is to spar and see your opp's reactions. You of course want to use your combos to force an opp into the situation you want them to be in, however, this is not the case most of the time. Just throw some shit against velcro and see if it sticks for you.
BTW: PK is not pyrokineses though it would be pretty cool to just set your opponent on fire on a whim, but then it would turn into a shitty sports version of Wilder Napalm. Also, DB is not the same as DP which is something I would NOT like to see in a MMA bout... though it would be interesting, lmfao. Seriously though, just see what works for you.

vengence - step off , head kick... corner out, sit hard and throw cross hook cross...and knee bomb

^^^

lots of good info here - thanks - i am a boxer and dont throw kicks, but i dont see how you throw a rear 10 after a cross, your weight is pushed forward by the cross, is the cross and the 10 like a continuous movement? i always wondered this when i hear randy or forrest talk about this combo

that dude above who was talking about the 1 2 3 10 combo makes a lot more sense to me, but it seems that 1 2 10 is the way to go - can anyone with good teaching skills explain?

try following up with a quintuple kick. try it out in sparring no one ever expects you to keep going and throw 5 kicks in row it really throws people off and has worked surprisingly well for me

AARISH - lots of good info here - thanks - i am a boxer and dont throw kicks, but i dont see how you throw a rear 10 after a cross, your weight is pushed forward by the cross, is the cross and the 10 like a continuous movement? i always wondered this when i hear randy or forrest talk about this combo

I'm certainly no expert, but i'll do my best. I'm sure someone can do a much better job than I can at explaining.

I usually dont put everything into the cross so while my weight may be shifted forward, it feels very natural to start the rear leg kick at the same time your hand you just threw the cross with is coming back. Rather than bring it back to your face, just snap it down a little step to the left and bang, the kick has landed in pretty much the same time it would take to just bring your hand back to cover your face and throw the hook.

does that make sense?