Condit has never beaten a top 5 opponent

Can't believe people are complaining about Lawler vs Condit for the title. Phone Post 3.0

Condit's wrestling is his weakness, like so many in his mold. His big wins are against great fighters who, not coincidentally, aren't awesome wrestlers. He hits the wrestling "wall" as he works his way up the very top of the weight class. (This is what I expected to happen to Conor, and he surprised me!)

That said, Lawler's wrestling is purely defensive, so I think we can expect a stand up fight and I give Condit a chance to win. (If he does win, I don't see him successfully defending against the Hendricks/Woodley winner.)

I'm a fan, and I'm glad we're getting this fight. I'd like to see Condit against Rory again. Very similar fighters. Rory was winning their first matchup handily until the end. Both have come a long way since then.

Lite - Condit's wrestling is his weakness, like so many in his mold. His big wins are against great fighters who, not coincidentally, aren't awesome wrestlers. He hits the wrestling "wall" as he works his way up the very top of the weight class. (This is what I expected to happen to Conor, and he surprised me!)

That said, Lawler's wrestling is purely defensive, so I think we can expect a stand up fight and I give Condit a chance to win. (If he does win, I don't see him successfully defending against the Hendricks/Woodley winner.)

I'm a fan, and I'm glad we're getting this fight. I'd like to see Condit against Rory again. Very similar fighters. Rory was winning their first matchup handily until the end. Both have come a long way since then.
Spot on post Phone Post 3.0

Condit Ko'd hardy, who at the time was ranked 5th Phone Post 3.0

He can't wrestle. That's all it comes down to Phone Post 3.0

NickDiaz4everIrrelevant -
sodagoespop - Nick Diaz never beat a top 10 opponent and got a title shot. Im pretty sure condit is more deserving and will actually bring it.

you seem to be misinformed, BJ Penn was top 10.
What was paul daley ranked at the time Phone Post 3.0

Bucephalus -
Fatalstrife - He is 0-3 vs top 5 opponents(gsp, hendricks, woodley), he has lost 9 of the 10 rds against those opponents as well. He hasn't beaten a top 10 fighter in almost 4 years. He is 7-4 in the UFC yet is somehow getting a second title shot.

Everyone expecting an exciting fight just remember what happened last time you said that.

STFU you ignorant hack.

5 of his last 7 fights have been against #1, #2, #6 #6 & current champion. Carlos beat #2 Nick Diaz and #6 Dan Hardy - not to mention #6 Martin Kampmann less than 2 years ago.

And no, I'm not upset. I don't need to be upset to shit on your little thread.
No, don't you get it? Diaz sucks, because he's 0 for his last 3. You just have to forget that the 3 losses were a polarizing decision against Condit and the other 2 were to GSP and Anderson Silva. Phone Post 3.0

Diaz, Rory, Hardy?

Oh and go fuck yourself. Phone Post 3.0

Bucephalus - 
Fatalstrife - He is 0-3 vs top 5 opponents(gsp, hendricks, woodley), he has lost 9 of the 10 rds against those opponents as well. He hasn't beaten a top 10 fighter in almost 4 years. He is 7-4 in the UFC yet is somehow getting a second title shot.

Everyone expecting an exciting fight just remember what happened last time you said that.

STFU you ignorant hack.

5 of his last 7 fights have been against #1, #2, #6 #6 & current champion. Carlos beat #2 Nick Diaz and #6 Dan Hardy - not to mention #6 Martin Kampmann less than 2 years ago.

Yeah. This.

Plus, while the Condit-Hendricks fight was very clearly properly scored, I don't know many people who would have bet on Johnny to win that fight if it had been five rounds.

Lite - Condit's wrestling is his weakness, like so many in his mold. His big wins are against great fighters who, not coincidentally, aren't awesome wrestlers. He hits the wrestling "wall" as he works his way up the very top of the weight class. (This is what I expected to happen to Conor, and he surprised me!)

Tho, I really think he would have beaten Hendricks had that fight been 5 rounds. His wrestling is a weakness, but not a death-blow.

Bucephalus - 

STFU you ignorant hack.

LO fucking L at #2 nick diaz....  i swear Dana could feed a guy like you a shit sandwich, tell you it tasts good, and you'd be like "it sure does."

sodagoespop - Nick Diaz never beat a top 10 opponent and got a title shot. Im pretty sure condit is more deserving and will actually bring it.

you seem to be misinformed, BJ Penn was top 10.
At welterweight? Phone Post 3.0

Tankhead -
caposa - Anyone complaining about Condit-Lawler in any way, shape, or form should be banned immediately IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Cap once again dropping truth. This fight is one to be excited for. Phone Post 3.0
I support this idea Phone Post 3.0

kingkoopa -
UGCTT_Messiah - We could've seen the extremely rare double rubber guard Phone Post 3.0
Ive been in that position while having a threesome Phone Post 3.0
One guy had you in the double rubber guard while the other made love to Uranus. Phone Post 3.0

He nearly finished gsp! Phone Post 3.0

Going by Sherdog rankings, Hardy and Diaz were both top 5 when Condit beat them.

Tankhead - 
ItsTheFlash - 
zackthewop -
Fatalstrife - He is 0-3 vs top 5 opponents(gsp, hendricks, woodley), he has lost 9 of the 10 rds against those opponents as well. He hasn't beaten a top 10 fighter in almost 4 years. He is 7-4 in the UFC yet is somehow getting a second title shot.

I didn't think about that. I really hope he comes to fight. That Diaz fight made me not really care for him so much. Phone Post 3.0
Seriously?

The dude is a straight killer yet doesnt finish 1 fight and everyone talks smack about him. Phone Post 3.0

him not finishing is not what pissed the world off though.
Diaz is pretty easy to finish, right? I mean, if Condit couldn't knock him out that says a lot about his skill set.

Diaz fans are so baked they don't realize they shit all over Diaz every time they shit talk Condit.

Tards. Phone Post 3.0

nobody said Diaz is easy to finish, he's damn near impossible to finish.
Condit didn't even try he backpedalled for 25 minutes.
if he fought with heart like he always has other than that night we'd still love him.
You're delusional. He threw the exact same spinning shit, flying knees, and head kicks that have ended many fights for him. He just avoided the phone booth with Diaz cuz that's the only chance Diaz had to win. Watch it again without your blinders on. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Tankhead - 
ItsTheFlash - 
zackthewop -
Fatalstrife - He is 0-3 vs top 5 opponents(gsp, hendricks, woodley), he has lost 9 of the 10 rds against those opponents as well. He hasn't beaten a top 10 fighter in almost 4 years. He is 7-4 in the UFC yet is somehow getting a second title shot.

I didn't think about that. I really hope he comes to fight. That Diaz fight made me not really care for him so much. Phone Post 3.0
Seriously?

The dude is a straight killer yet doesnt finish 1 fight and everyone talks smack about him. Phone Post 3.0

him not finishing is not what pissed the world off though.
Diaz is pretty easy to finish, right? I mean, if Condit couldn't knock him out that says a lot about his skill set.

Diaz fans are so baked they don't realize they shit all over Diaz every time they shit talk Condit.

Tards. Phone Post 3.0

nobody said Diaz is easy to finish, he's damn near impossible to finish.
Condit didn't even try he backpedalled for 25 minutes.
if he fought with heart like he always has other than that night we'd still love him.
You're delusional. He threw the exact same spinning shit, flying knees, and head kicks that have ended many fights for him. He just avoided the phone booth with Diaz cuz that's the only chance Diaz had to win. Watch it again without your blinders on. Phone Post 3.0

In truth, Diaz's chin did a lot to make that fight appear boring. It's very similar to Machida v. Henderson.

In both fights, Machida and Condit threw tons of big, flashy, and ultimately effective stuff. They just happened to be fighting iron jawed warriors who couldn't have given two shits about those strikes. Many of the strikes thrown/landed in both fights would have KOed other people.

orcus - Going by Sherdog rankings, Hardy and Diaz were both top 5 when Condit beat them.

yup

Hardy just fought for the title and Diaz was going to fight for the title. Carlos has been beating contenders for the longest time. His TDD and the limits of three round fights has been his weakness, but no longer.

orcus - Going by Sherdog rankings, Hardy and Diaz were both top 5 when Condit beat them.

No offense, but Diaz was ranked because UFC told them to.  It wasn't for beating Mike Aina and going 50/50 with KJ Noons