Congrats Gortiz!

Congrats AGAIN to Glenn Ortiz!! way to go

Plus, NO comment from anyone on the hotties I posted?

Ingrates!!!

STH,
I commented on the hotties, dammit!

e.k., I wasn't able to respond earlier to your post about what you've done for catch, but if you did all that, I take back what I said.

But you don't know me either, and the stuff I've done for Tony and some of his guys. Which admittedly might not be as much as you had. But I'm not going to turn this into a "who's done more for catch or Tony" argument.

I just didn't think some of your comments were exactly helping catch, and just seemed to make insinuations about someone who, unlike a certain other fighter(s), actually gave Tony credit publicly several times despite the ridicule he'd eventually take for it. (If I'm not wrong, that pic was from Glenn's fight that Tony put a description of on the old Catch homepage, where Glenn thanked Tony publicly).

I don't want this thread to turn into a very public version of the SC incident on the Catch forum. So I'm stopping too.

good job glenn. i go away for a while and look at you!!!!! congrats.

Guys, this is not helping Catch. Can someone delete this thread?

I tried.

"I tried."- To delete this thread?

To make peace.

Congratulations Glenn!!

you won your tournament using catchwrestling!Thats awesome maybe I can get some tips for set ups and stuff like that off you it would be much help to me.I know the knowledge off tony ceccine tapes pretty well but I cant seem to catch people with the techniques yet.I am willing to try any knew knowledge that you share.

Thanks, Bruce and Karl! That means a lot coming from you guys.

Eric, I should never have brought up what happened in training. I admit I was wrong to do that, and I owe E, P, and you an apology for that.

I expected criticism about my "fluke" win from certain other people who practice certain other grappling systems, but I didn't expect it from you. Yes, I did take it personally, because unlike them, I know you personally. I'm on my back because that pic of the heelhook was taken right after Joe (my opponent) tapped out, and the ref began yelling at me to let go (Joe was yelling too), and might have actually began pulling at my arms. I did the heelhook on my side, the Catch Wrestling way. That's the way I drill and do it in grappling or Shootfighting. I know I'm a Catch Wrestler because a Hooker called me one, and neither the Hooker nor the Shooter who acknowledged as a student told me not to do so. I never said I was the best Catch Wrestler or even a good one, just that I was one.
Good luck with your training.

mrmeoggi, I have no "new" knowledge, just stuff I learend from Tony that i combined with stuff I learned from GrapplerHK, Keith and Mike M of Wrestling Plus that I put together to suit my own personal use.

As far as advice: Drill. A lot. Choose a competent and unbiased ref (I'm going to make a lot of friends with that statement LOL). If you can't choose your ref, submit your opponent.

As annoying as Ken Chertow can be on his tapes at times he is right about one thing:

If you drill a move often enough and get good enough at it, a person can know the move is coming and still not be able to stop it.

Glenn,

Congratulations, You have done it right. Solid Wrestling Basics and Hooking. I love it!

Matt
formerly known as Straydog

Like I said congratulations.

I am otta here for Vail. Seeya.

Date: 02/26/04 06:28 AM
1112 Total Posts Ignore User

Sadly things like this are the reason why Modern Catch Wrestling continues to struggle for respect and recognition! The infighting that goes on is self destructing, sad really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]
Date: 02/26/04 08:58 AM
622 Total Posts Ignore User

What started this shit? Geez. Take it in private.

What an interesting thread. Too bad everyone decided to edit everything. Congrats Gortiz.

Thanks, Matt! Hope you're having fun in CA!

I am Glenn, thanks. I do miss the great training and great people in Chicago though.