Congratulations Bocek!

phil:

"If getting all the takedowns, controlling the positions, doing all the passing and getting the mount aren't dominating then you and I have a different defintion of domination. "

here's how i would modify this sentence to make it more resonable in a mma setting:

"If getting all the takedowns then landing strikes from the top before the opponent can escape, controlling the positions while attempting subs and landing damaging blows, doing all the passing and getting the mount and landing blows while attempting submissions aren't dominating then you and I have a different defintion of domination."

we obviously do have a different definition of domination, and i argue mine is more appropriate for a mma setting. it's not like colangelo had bocek wobbly, had bocek maybe been anywhere near on like 2 subs i probably would have scored the round for him.

have a nice day.

Fight is over! Mark Bocek won! Next opponent.

Congrats Mark.

I remember when you were a yonge orange belt coming out to Ranger Jiu-Jitsu with Carlos to teach grappling on Wed. nights.

Congrats......good job!
Bo

Bocek won that round, if you saw it diffrent you're on crack. He didn't slaughter him by any means and the fight was far from over had the injury not occured. But it did!

That being said I was not that impressed by this BJJ master's performance, but hey it was his first fight. I did not understand why when he had Colangelo mounted he kept one knee up instead of sitting on his haunches like in the traditional mount. It allowed Colangleo to escape both times.

I look forward to seeing him fight again.

Downtownmb, to answer your question, that is not mount you are refering to but knee on stomach. As for the mount, he was looking to strike. and the last time he had mount it was the bell that saved Colangelo.

Congrats Bocek, I look forward to seeing your evolution as an MMAer even though the Gi rules.

"BJJ master's performance" who ever called Mark a master. I doubt you would hear that type of language from any BJJer or Mark or his friends... lol He is a black belt and a very good one. What did you expect a flying armbar or maybe a rolling kneebar!!

Mark will be ruling this division in time. You will see !

Congrates Bocek, your da man.

TTT for Mark Bocek, his BJJ translates well in MMA and he is looking to improve all aspects of his MMA repetoire.

Thanks everyone...

I'd like to see this fight for myself before making any comments at all, seems more fair to me.

J.T.McCarthy

ttt

...doesn't anyone else think that bocek looks like groundskeeper willie??

ttt

Congrats on the green name!

(Congrats to Mark on congrats'in Mark on the green name too :)

Props to both guys. Bocek was clearly winning the bout by the end of the first round.

Pete

Congrats again for the fight, and congrats for the green name! :-))

green looks good on Mark.

Bocek!

Bocek vs. Pain?