Marcus Davis defeated Pete Spratt via submission to an ankle lock in Round 2

Pic's @ http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?pn=2&fa=MultiMedia.GalleryImgList&gid=173

Joe,

Congrats to you and Marcus.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?pn=2&fa=MultiMedia.GalleryImgList&gid=173

www.SSFgear.com

Way to go!

who was winning the standup?

congrats. good fight. Marcus is running an 8 fight win streak.

I tried to stand with him but in the 1st round HE kept trying to clinch with me so I had to take him down. In the 2nd I did initiate the takedown- at least I think...LOL

Great job Marcus. So what is that like 8 in a row with three of your last wins in the UFC? Keep up the great work.

Rory, Good luck Friday! ..........Ron, Thanks for your support! www.SSFgear.com

Congrats Marcus!

I'd like to see you against Cummo next.

Good fight Marcus!

congrats Marcus, you have become one of my favorite fighters and I always look forward to seeing you fight!

best wishes for the future...

Marcus/Cummo is a great suggestion for a next fight...that would be sweet.

"I tried to stand with him but in the 1st round HE kept trying to clinch with me so I had to take him down. In the 2nd I did initiate the takedown- at least I think...LOL"

He was probably trying to clinch with you because...

a. he is a muay thai guy; and

b. because he knew that you would shoot and not stand for long; and

c. he has a better clinch than sprawl defense.

It's not like he was clinching with you to take you down or avoid standup, lol.

ttt for Marcus

Saltyballs, your Evaluation is poor. It shows you know nothing about Marcus. If you did, you would know that Spratt was probably better off clinching or taking it to the Ground.

You think too highly of Pete's standup Game.

Who am I? Or who do I think is thinking too highly of Pete's Standup?

Jorge Gurgel and Duke Ruffus worked my corner and Duke gave me some great advice on shuting down the kicks- thanks Duke- I have nothing bad to say about Pete- he is a great guy- after the fight he was respectfull- I think we both wanted to strike but didnt want the other guy to end up in the top position if it did go to the ground so when we would clinch we both just wanted to make sure we were not on our backs- I am home in Bangor Maine for now. I will be back at Sit Yod Tong in May to prepare for June 16th.

ttt for Marcus... he's becoming one of my fav lesser known fighters. Awesome striking with a very improved ground game.

Marcus Davis defeated Pete Spratt via submission to a PERFECTLY EXECUTED ankle lock in Round 2

it was so pretty I got a tear in the corner of my eye

I mean seriously just look at that...