Congratulations Marcus Davis!

"b. because he knew that you would shoot and not stand for long; and"------------ LOL------ I have NEVER shot in on an opponent EVER!! In my MMA career so you are wrong on that one my friend.

LOL @ leglockfan--- thank you---- I too love the leg locks now--- I am quickly becoming a huge fan of submissions.

great job marcus...you obviously are steadily improving your mma game.

good luck in June. any opponent yet?

I was there live,,,, Marcus did Pete not hurt you in the second round imo it
looked like he had u hurt,, but you showed some heart got the fight to
the ground and won congrats but you have to admit Pete was winning the
standup and thats why you went for the sub. Im a fan of yours so dont
take
it the wrong way you did the smart thing. Good luck in the future im
looking forward to your next fight.

James

It's funny because you dont see a lot of fights ending in leg locks because most fighters are scared (scared might not be the BEST term) to give up there position to try for a lock on someone that may just let the guy go ahead and snap some ligaments but when you apply the lock like above with the threading there is absolutely NOTHING Spratt could do to get out. The pressure on the hip, knee, and ankle is just too intense. It is also a perfect setup for the heelhook by just straightening your left leg and the heel pops up like "Hi, I wanna be destroyed"

IMO THAT should have been Sub of the Night instead of Grove's choke. It is rare that you see a more technically sound submission finish in an MMA fight. Not to mention Grove got a bigger check anyway so Marcus deserved it more for sure

Congrats Marcus

Tentative is the Term you are looking for...and I agree.

They wouldn't be so tentative if they did MMA instead of seperating their Kickboxing and Wrestling. It's MMA...do MMA. Learn to get LLs when a Guy is G&Ping you, not out of a Wrestling Context.

Marcus, I meant that you would look to get the fight on the ground. Which you did.

And I'm sorry bro, but it looked like Pete was getting the better of the standup and had you rocked in round two.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but in all due respect it's not like you were trying to bang and Pete was looking to take you down or anything.

"It shows you know nothing about Marcus. If you did, you would know that Spratt was probably better off clinching or taking it to the Ground."

Why would Pete, a straight up muay thai guy, want to take Marcus down? Marcus has a good ground game. LMAO if you think that Pete should have taken Marcus down.

And as far as Davis's standup? He was getting beat on the feet. If he says different, then he's still riding the post win high.

the kid is on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!

Davis is putting together a great streak though. Good for him. Would like to see him and Cummo next for sure.

Your Post just shows even further that you know nothing about Marcus. Why don't you watch a few of his Fights and then come back and debate?

Maybe you have him confused with someone else?

I know Marcus has great standup and all, but if you think that Spratt had a better chance on the ground then you're crazy.

If you actually watch the fight, which from your vague postings I'm guessing that you weren't there, then you would actually know what we are talking about.

If you were there then fine, I will respect your opinion. If you weren't, then how do you know how the fight actually went down, and how can you post about it?

I was there, I saw the fight. I know what I am talking about. Marcus looked to take it down when it was easy to do so. He sure as hell didn't go into the fight or have any point in the fight where he was thinking "I gotta get this to the ground". Marcus and Pete were both catching and rocking each other. Marcus saw the opportunity to offset the fight and put himself in a dominant position on the ground, so he took it there. This is MMA, not boxing or kickboxing.

"Marcus and Pete were both catching and rocking each other."

I never saw Pete get rocked at all. Pete never told me he got rocked. I did see Davis get rocked a bit.

"Marcus looked to take it down when it was easy to do so."

Thank you for setting the record straight bro.

"He sure as hell didn't go into the fight or have any point in the fight where he was thinking "I gotta get this to the ground"."

He was probably thinking something along these lines in the 2nd after getting hit a little bit. I don't think it was a coincidence that the fight hit the ground shortly thereafter. =)

Congrats!

This is like one of those times when someone loses, and then complains about someone doing that "wrestling shit" when they refuse to learn how to fight on the ground.

Anyone who looks to straight up strike with Spratt is an idiot. The guy has no ground skill... it's ALWAYS best to attack your opponents biggest weakness in MMA.

Nicely done, Grenade!

Congratulations Marcus! That is a big win. Now, get your ass back to
Boston so we can train again.

-KF