Conor doubling down by fighting Diaz

Is McGregor taking on Nate Diaz again just him wanting to avenge a loss thats bugging him like Dana White says?

Or just a strategy of if he fights at 170 again way out of his weight and loses then he has that excuse and just goes back down in weight .

But if he beats Diaz it returns the huge momentum he was on before the loss and opens up all sorts of higher weight fight options.

The Aldo, Edgar matchups will always be there and are his fall back options at this point seemingly.

even going down to just LW he gets another chance to justify the weight increase and settle in that weight niche, which is where I think he ends up permamnently.

He's a fighter and it's a huge challenge. Good on him for accepting the challenge instead of going a different direction.

Maybe if he ends up in lw he can fight Nate every 3 months? Phone Post 3.0

I am telling you Nate is no easy revenge and test for Conor.

If ...IF he pulls out a win he deserves all the recognition as being the best ever.

Anyone have an argument with that opinion?

The earlier the join date the higher quality the post, right?

Hes a fighter at heart and im sure its all about avenging the loss. He truly feels with a few adjustments he will beat nate. Im not so sure but we will see hopefully Phone Post 3.0

I think full-camp Diaz is a bigger test than Aldo or RDA. But the UG will say he will have to fight them to prove himself after he beats Diaz at 170.

Yeah I am picking Aldo to beat Frankie.

colubrid1 - I am telling you Nate is no easy revenge and test for Conor.

If ...IF he pulls out a win he deserves all the recognition as being the best ever.

Yes... with this part: "all the recognition as being the best ever."

Going 1-1 with a guy doesn't make you the best ever.

Bingo'd by Bisping - 

yeah I know. Diaz sucks! right?

Listen, it is all about the weight class now. If Conor is in that fight at 165 and Nate is enourmosly skilled in both standup and BJJ and the bigger man.. well do the math.

If he beats Diaz this time, it doesn't do that much unless it is a one sided beat down. If he loses, it just reinforces that he's out of his weight class and his mouth wrote checks his gloves couldn't cash.

But if that spin kick in round 1 fight 1 connected.... Phone Post 3.0

colubrid1 - 
Bingo'd by Bisping - 

Listen, it is all about the weight class now. If Conor is in that fight at 165 and Nate is enourmosly skilled in both standup and BJJ and the bigger man.. well do the math.

If Conor wins it means he went 1-1 with Nate. Nothing about that says best ever. Best ever even over guys like GSP and Fedor? Think about what you are saying.

Is he the best ever at 145? If not what does he need to do at featherweight? Phone Post 3.0

I dont think it opens up higher weight options. Imo this will be his last fight above 155. Phone Post 3.0

colubrid1 - I am telling you Nate is no easy revenge and test for Conor.

He will never be the best ever.

Gortcho - Is he the best ever at 145? If not what does he need to do at featherweight? Phone Post 3.0

Ten title defences would get him there

Politically Incorrect -
Bofbro -
Gortcho - Is he the best ever at 145? If not what does he need to do at featherweight? Phone Post 3.0

Ten title defences would get him there

He is undefeated at 45 and has cleaned out everyone but Edgar in a third of the time it took Aldo to do the same. 

And yet to defend the belt, 

Defending the belt once would be a start. Phone Post 3.0

Politically Incorrect -
Bingo'd by Bisping -
colubrid1 - 
Bingo'd by Bisping - 

If Conor wins it means he went 1-1 with Nate. Nothing about that says best ever. Best ever even over guys like GSP and Fedor? Think about what you are saying.

GSP went 1-1 with Serra. 

So Conor had a slip up, you're going to judge him unfairly even though you give GSP a pass? 

Atleast Nate is in his prime, top 5, looking better than ever, and benefitted way more from not cutting weight. I picked Diaz from the jump, nobody picked Serra over GSP. 

Good post. I was gutted when they announced the 1st McGregor vs Diaz fight as I expected Conor to lose. I really like Conor and have been a fan way before the UFC, but even I am surprised at the hype created around him.

Politically Incorrect - 
Bingo'd by Bisping -
colubrid1 - 
Bingo'd by Bisping - 

GSP went 1-1 with Serra. 

So Conor had a slip up, you're going to judge him unfairly even though you give GSP a pass? 

Atleast Nate is in his prime, top 5, looking better than ever, and benefitted way more from not cutting weight. I picked Diaz from the jump, nobody picked Serra over GSP. 

Did we judge Aldo (and thus McGregor) for his slip up?

I'm sure it's Conor knowing he didn't perform well and wanting to set the record straight. 

I still think he'll struggle Diaz, part of the problem is his power at LW won't be as stunning. Diaz is big enough to take his best shots.