Conor has a chance of dethroning Aldo

xsrg95 -
kodiskerns - 
Shy Guy - "Dennis Siver=Jose Aldo" -The UG Phone Post 3.0
Who said siver equals Aldo? I just said aldo wouldn't destroy siver like Conor did he embarrassed him Phone Post 3.0

siver wouldn't make it out of the first round with aldo
People said the same thing about Hominick and Florian Phone Post 3.0

One is a dominant champion, the other a fast rising contender dominating the competition! I like them both, I dont  care who wins.. I am going to watch for the beautiful Violence they will inflict upon one another till the weaker one falls!

Ahey138

Joe rogan.. you can use my quote!

Mcgregor wins this easy. Just look at his combinations he throws shots Aldo can't

I bet a bunch on Aldo because of the odds, but I have a feeling that Conor is going to smoke him and make a statement.

I was thinking Machida-Shogun 1, might be more like Jones-Shogun 1

Bobby Lupo - 
SpecialGuest - 
Bobby Lupo - The bookies are picking Conor. The odds are very close, and the line opened close.

If the bookies thought Aldo was a sure thing, they'd have opened Conor as a longshot and grabbed the sucker money. They didn't

I can't find any bookies picking Conor!? Link me I want to make some money.

They're not outright picking him, but setting the line so close leaves little incentive to bet McGregor in the fight.

From a bettor's perspective, Aldo is the play to make: a proven commodity at close odds over a bit of an unknown.

5 Dimes: McGregor -110, Aldo -130

That's insane.

If your trying to lose your money go right ahead. are the same guy i warned not to bet on thatch?

Connor is A Lock there is plenty of reason to bet on him. He is guaranteed to win.

crudz - I think Connor will win, but Aldo is a beast. Can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
Switch the names and I agree with your post. Fights gon be good either way! Phone Post 3.0

kodiskerns - I know he hasn't had that many top 10 fights but seeing what he did to porier and how bad he destroyed siver, I don't think aldo would of been able to take them out as quick and dominating like Conor was able to. Aldo's only chance is to take him down or work the leg kicks but Conor is a huge 145er and Aldo will not be able to bully him, I also think Conor's wrestling and ground game is a lot better then people think. He just hasn't had to show it because he's been lighting guys up on the feet Phone Post 3.0
Im actually in agreement with OP.

Here are a few points:

1) Aldo's leg kicks will be less of a factor than people realize. Conor is a southpaw which means Aldo's power leg kick will be to the inside of McGregor's lead leg. That means Aldo will need to be very careful when throwing them. At this angle, its very easy to hit the knee and destroy your foot or even break your leg. This is actually one of the contributing factors to how Anderson Silva broke his leg. Aldo hurt his foot against The Korean Zombie so hes no stranger to the danger that exists here. Against zombie he was able to squeak out a win but against someone like Conor McGregor that same type of injury would be a disaster as McGregor already presents a whole set of problems that he needs to contend with and thus he needs to be healthy to win this fight.

2) The weight cut has been a point of contention for Aldo in the past. He doesn't seem to have it totally dialed in like Conor does. McGregor is a huge FW and does cut a ton of weight but does it in a very clean scientific manner and it does not affect his cardio one bit. The same cannot be said for Aldo who has shown weight cutting detriment in the later rounds in his fights. He definitely starts to fade and that will not bode well against McGregor who brings consistent pressure throughout his fights. He prides himself on having insane cardio and claims to do an exorbitant amount of rounds in training.

3) Conor McGregor has vicious KO power. The kind of power that not many fw's know how to take. He needs one shot to put a fighter down and hes surgical with his precision. Its really remarkable and awesome to see. There has been a void in the mma world for a top level fighter with super clean and technical boxing. Someone with great footwork, great timing, great classical techniques.....IE gorgeous slip and counter that he does quite frequently. He doesn't just do it and lands a quick little counter. He does it and KO's guys. He has finished fights with this in the past and completely ko'd the guy he landed it on. He landed a full power shot right on the chin that spun the guys head almost comically.

Conors boxing is definitely going to be a massive problem for Jose to deal with. He is absolutely clinical and surgical with his hands. He can find your chin from anywhere. A lot of his kicking techniques are just thrown to get his opponents to react and move to places he wants so he can follow up with the rest of what he has planned.

Aldo's ground game is top level and, IIRC, he has won BJJ world championships. This might be the area where he could have the advantage. We have seen glimpses of both of these guys ground games but not extensively because they both have been blasting people on the feet. I think McGregor's ground game/wrestling is a lot better than people think. His pass to mount on denis siver was absolutely perfect and technical and during the Holloway fight, he showed great take downs and consistent pressure. He gets to dominant positions pretty easily from what we have seen.

Ive seen less of Aldos ground game but we have seen impeccable take down defense in a ton of his fights. Most of the wrestlers that have tasted his power and technique standing have tried to get the fight to the ground and have failed pretty miserably.

In closing, we have an awesome fight on our hands but Jose has a very serious threat to his title. From what i have seen in Aldos reactions, he may be taking Conor lighter than he should be. The smiling when conor jumped the cage made me think he truly believes conor is just a joke. He may truly believe that we have another chael sonnen on our hands....a guy who talks just for the sake of talking, but can't back it up in the ring. Make no mistake. Conor is nothing like chael and has surpassed expectations in the actual fight. What he did to Dustin Poirier will be one of the most impressive feats ever accomplished in mma. To call out a top 5 fighter, ridicule him constantly in the prefight media scrums, to call for a 1st round KO against someone who had never been ko'd like that, someone who is a respected top 5 fighter, and then to go out and actually do it.....and not just do it, but do it easily was something truly remarkable. It was actually the fight that changed my opinion of him. Before that fight, i didnt like him much because of the arrogance. Typically im not in to arrogance but you have to respect what he did. Truly amazing stuff.

Cant wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0

If Connor wins is there gunna be an immediate rematch is what I would like to know Phone Post 3.0