Conor McGregor: 'I had stress fractures in my leg going into that cage'

1 Like

strong text[quote=“wiggum, post:17, topic:3678731, full:true”]
He is lying. How do I know?

1. Pre existing fractures must be reported under penalty of perjury. https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/status/1415706030701486083

2. If he had the fractures and knew about them, he would not have been throwing kicks with reckless abandon.
    [/quote]

Conor said the UFC doctors knew about the fractures…. No fucking way they knew and still allowed him to fight. That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

2 Likes

Once again. Stress fractures are totally different than a fracture that most people call a broken bone. Stress fractures are shin splints. The same things runners get. He absolutely would’ve been cleared to fight with stress fractures. I also highly doubt that stress fractures contributed to his tibia and fibula breaking clean through and almost becoming a compound fracture.

5 Likes

Comes into fight with fractures in leg starts with two spinning kicks and then switches to leg kicks. Makes sense.

1 Like

Right, but we know this is all a ploy to discredit Dustin’s performance and to save face. The dudes on here even giving this nonsense legs probably have old ladies that step out on them regularly…

1 Like

sounds like Tito with the fractured skull, but Tito was actually a good fighter.

this fake fuck and his fans can fuck off any time.

2 Likes

ya he was all class when he fought previously… just look at the Aldo fight etc.

FUCK. THAT. MICK.

happy to never see that potato eater ever again.

1 Like

Dustin had a great round due to Conor jumping guard but anyone celebrating a leg snapping in half because he kicked your elbow is absolutely pathetic.

That is the definition of a freak incident. If Conor was jumping around celebrating Dustin’s leg snapping in half as if it was some decisive major victory I’d say he was a pathetic piece of shit.

Uriah Hall had the appropriate reaction…knowing it was a fluke and nothing worth celebrating.

2 Likes

Weidman did insinuate that he was sleeping with Halls wife.

There was bad blood in this fight because of Conor. He’s made a career of belittling people and shouldn’t be upset that it’s coming back now

1 Like

Didn’t ^^

1 Like

And why did Conor even initiate grappling? Because the first real exchange he got touched on the chin. Off the top of my head I think Conor has 1 sub victory in his entire career. That was a move of desperation plain and simple. The fight being called because of a horrific injury is a shame for both guys. It doesn’t erase what happened before that though. DP was dominanting Conor. You make it sound as if Dustin climb on the cage and did a shoey afterward. If you had to compare both guys behavior post fight I think most would only label one as pathetic.

2 Likes

Dustin celebrated, did the Conor walk, and said he did that as if he did something miraculous to break his leg. That was all pathetic.

Dustin had a great round because Conor went for a guillotine and jumped to his back.

Why did he do it? Why does anyone jump guard on guillotines? They think they have it but they don’t. Horrible move by Conor and he paid for it like almost everyone else that concedes the bottom in modern MMA. Pretty much a guarantee to lose the round.

I picked Poirier to win. I think he would have won. But that fight doesn’t tell us jack shit and it certainly isn’t a legitimate win.

2 Likes

Well I guess thats one perspective on the fight. I think you’ll find you’re in the minority though. Hopefully for their 4th fight Conor doesn’t get punched in the jaw and think he’s a gracie again.

1 Like

Are you sure? Because shin splints are not fractures at all and have never been considered fractures. I think a lot of us have gotten shin splints after taking some off from the gym then running too much or overdoing it when we go back. Stress fractures are actual fractures that can be caused by shin splints (among other things). Splints are just inflammation accompanied by pain, nothing more. Stress fractures can absolutely cause a full break.

5 Likes

I’m not completely sold on Conor going for the guillotine out of “desperation”. I’ve heard this theory but it doesn’t really make sense to me. First of all it was early on and there was no need to be desperate. There is a difference between clinching because the striking isn’t going your way and going for a low percentage move that will likely put you in the same bad position. Are we really to think Conor was under the impression he would submit a black belt with a half ass guillotine, of whom actually specializes in said move? Probably not.

My theories may not be any better but I think that he either threw it up to discourage Dustin from committing to the takedown, or wrapped it up to say “I know jiu jitsu too” then got carried away with it. I have no idea what’s going on in that dude’s head, he’s a smart fighter but his camp doesn’t seem to know what strategies do and don’t work.

I don’t think it tells us jack shit but I think it’s less definitive than people are making it out to be. Yeah he got taken down and Poirier landed some good shots but Conor was doing fine, smiling, laughing, sticking his tongue out. After DP let him up he threw caution to the wind, by no means did he come close to looking like he was out of that fight or quitting. Poirier obviously won the round but that fight ended with some questions. It’s also interesting that none of the kicks that people said caused the break actually made contact.

1 Like

I agree 100%. People claiming Conor was in desperation mode after a very mild half part of the first round are really projecting their Conor hate onto that theory.

“He jumped guard out of desperation”

Yeah no. Even when he got up from being ground and pounded he looked fine and threw a hard straight cross that just missed and then his leg snapped in half.

Again, I picked Poirier to win. But acting like Conor was in desperation mode after half a round when he jumped guard is just ridiculous.

He survived on the ground with Khabib and even came back to win round 3 against him. Only person to win a round against Khabib I believe.

2 Likes

fanboy alert! ^^^^

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

2 Likes

The guy who picked Poirier to win and picks him to win in the next fight is a Conor fanboy?

I’m just spitting facts homegirl.

1 Like

Kavanaugh said the plan was to go for a standing guillotine due to what he saw on a tape from Dustin leaving his head out.

He admitted jumping guard was a miscalculation on Conor’s part.