Conor McGregor's Pass To Mount (GIF)

Nice work Phone Post 3.0

Subtle yet significant Phone Post 3.0

That was so cool to see! Phone Post 3.0

Probably my biggest oh shit moment in that fight. Phone Post 3.0

"NO GROUND GAME"

That's the BJ Penn "dope mount". One of my favorite transitions. Phone Post 3.0

Again, his ground game is probably better than we know but.....its not that hard to pass like Marcelo on someone who just dropped. If he did that on an decent BJJ guy straight up when the guy wasnt hurt, diff story.

I blinked or something when he did that, I couldn't figure out how he got into mount. Phone Post 3.0

No chance he pulls this move off on Aldo Phone Post 3.0

TheEmperorRises - No chance he pulls this move off on Aldo Phone Post 3.0
K Phone Post 3.0

Wasa-B - Again, his ground game is probably better than we know but.....its not that hard to pass like Marcelo on someone who just dropped. If he did that on an decent BJJ guy straight up when the guy wasnt hurt, diff story.

Agreed. Not that impressive when your opponent is knocked silly, offering little resistance. Phone Post 3.0

TheEmperorRises - No chance he pulls this move off on Aldo Phone Post 3.0

Based on what? We've hardly ever seen Aldo's ground game. He has a blackbelt and we're constantly told he is a beast there, but really what can you point to that says he is elite on the ground? It isn't much more than Conor. There are plenty of blackbelts that have competed in the UFC/MMA who haven't done as well as perhaps they should/could have.

Zeph -
TheEmperorRises - No chance he pulls this move off on Aldo Phone Post 3.0

Based on what? We've hardly ever seen Aldo's ground game. He has a blackbelt and we're constantly told he is a beast there, but really what can you point to that says he is elite on the ground? It isn't much more than Conor. There are plenty of blackbelts that have competed in the UFC/MMA who haven't done as well as perhaps they should/could have.
Aldo showed his ground game pretty well against Lamas. And he wrestled well against tkz Phone Post 3.0

Hominick fucked aldo up on the mat I suppose.

Wasa-B - Again, his ground game is probably better than we know but.....its not that hard to pass like Marcelo on someone who just dropped. If he did that on an decent BJJ guy straight up when the guy wasnt hurt, diff story.

ok, well that last sentence is true but he did show a lil' bit of technique there, it says something vaguely positive at least. plus it was the perfect way to deal with the situation.

goddammit, my username was supposed to be ironic

This is a pretty basic pass... I mean, it is executed very well; but it's not like some fucking mysterious dim mak shit or something. It's just a basic guard pass...

BJ used that pass all the time.

10er4life - Probably my biggest oh shit moment in that fight. Phone Post 3.0

This was the moment where I thought to myself...."Gunnar Nelson".

Then it got me wondering, "Who is his wrestling coach and when will I get to see those skills in the octagon?!?!!"