Conor McGregor's Pass To Mount (GIF)

hackett -

Great move. BJ Penn actually learned that from Conor. He even calls it the "Irish Whip"

Stop trolling, Wasa.

I thought it was called the Guiness Mount because you do it on drunk (hurt) opponents. Phone Post 3.0

In that was nice Phone Post 3.0

slick

Best moment in the fight for me. Phone Post 3.0

Floyd'sPeople - 
Flexo - I blinked or something when he did that, I couldn't figure out how he got into mount. Phone Post 3.0
Thats a long blink Phone Post 3.0

DO YOU EVEN BLINK BRO?

Zeph - 
TheEmperorRises - No chance he pulls this move off on Aldo Phone Post 3.0

Based on what? We've hardly ever seen Aldo's ground game. He has a blackbelt and we're constantly told he is a beast there, but really what can you point to that says he is elite on the ground? It isn't much more than Conor. There are plenty of blackbelts that have competed in the UFC/MMA who haven't done as well as perhaps they should/could have.

Consistently passing on elite fighters qualifies as showing enough. Took down and mounted Kenny Florian a few times, Tooled KZ on the ground, tooled Lamas on the ground, tooled Mendes on the ground. It isn't like JDS where we're told he's elite and he never shows it, Aldo has shown enough brilliance on the ground to validate the claims that he's great on the ground.

D241 -
10er4life - Probably my biggest oh shit moment in that fight. Phone Post 3.0

This was the moment where I thought to myself...."Gunnar Nelson".

Then it got me wondering, "Who is his wrestling coach and when will I get to see those skills in the octagon?!?!!"

His fight against Max Holloway was a pretty good look at his ground skills. Phone Post 3.0

slick

5541james - 
D241 -
10er4life - Probably my biggest oh shit moment in that fight. Phone Post 3.0

This was the moment where I thought to myself...."Gunnar Nelson".

Then it got me wondering, "Who is his wrestling coach and when will I get to see those skills in the octagon?!?!!"

His fight against Max Holloway was a pretty good look at his ground skills. Phone Post 3.0

He didn't look that impressive to me on the ground in that fight, however he also blew out his knee which gave him a pass.

do people forget that aldo trains with nova uniao one of the highest ranked bjj competition teams in the world? Even if he gets tooled in practice there wont be much he hasnt already seen when he faces connor. Phone Post 3.0

eh, mark hominick had aldo in the shit in the last round, pretty sure aldo has no ground game from what ive seen, maybe the best takedown defence along with bj penn but his ground game against hominick was barely anything.

Looks like he could of regained half guard if he wasn't so beat up and panicking.

My BJJ instructor shows that all the time, but for some reason I've never really used it. Not sure why

IN! Phone Post 3.0

Taz Styles -

SLICK transition! Phone Post 3.0

So a leg drag is what impresses people around here these days. There is a reason this low level basic pass doesn't get used in the UFC often. Phone Post 3.0

favorite part of show and fight

Zeph - 
TheEmperorRises - No chance he pulls this move off on Aldo Phone Post 3.0

Based on what? We've hardly ever seen Aldo's ground game. He has a blackbelt and we're constantly told he is a beast there, but really what can you point to that says he is elite on the ground? It isn't much more than Conor. There are plenty of blackbelts that have competed in the UFC/MMA who haven't done as well as perhaps they should/could have.

based on his BJJ credentials. you dope. Beating cobrinha and shit.

Excellent mount... He has the skills to beat Aldo. McGregor uses his range very well. I think Aldo will test his chin though. Let's see what happens.

rockafella - So a leg drag is what impresses people around here these days. There is a reason this low level basic pass doesn't get used in the UFC often. Phone Post 3.0

What I've found funniest is that everyone's so busy sucking Conor's cock they're all just going to ignore that taking the back would've been a better transition. Don't get me wrong, it was a very slick transition, but mounting should always come second to taking the back.