Conor TKO’ing Eddie vs. GSP sub‘ing Bisping

Its impresive how bisping passed all the test, bad knee, one eye, with a little bit of brains you could probably sneak a gun into octogan

3 Likes

Conor was way more impressive at the time. Styles favoured Eddie and Conor taking the two straps.

GSP always had the wrestling advantage over mike

GSP. He was out for 4 years and came back to beat the current champ a weight division up. That’s unbelievable.

2 Likes

Both great fights.

Conor put on a display of striking when people expected him to get grounded and ground out.

GSP fought a guy after 4 years off and at one point fought at 205 and was a machine with throwing tons of strikes despite the eye issue.

2 Likes

Happy Role Playing GIF by Hyper RPG

GSP doesn’t get enough credit. He went up 15lbs to a weight class that he’s never fought in before. This is after a 4 year layoff and tearing his ACL again in his 30’s. Bisping is a dog of an opponent and was riding a win streak. The best part is that he even finished Bisping. One of my fave MMA moments.

I’m going to go with Conor on this one though. He decimated his opponent. Eddie was completely outclassed and didn’t even look like a ranked fighter against Conor that night.

4 Likes

And that Eddie had just busted up RDA

2 Likes

I give this one to GSP.

Although the performance against Eddie was great, lightweight is Conor’s weight.

Hard to compare. Conors performance was better. But 155 is the weight class he should have been fighting in and was in his fighting prime. Gsp retired and went up in weight for no reason other than he knew he could beat bisping. He has no business fighting at 185 otherwise. Both were amazing

I apologize that the truth is what it is. You’ll be OK kid.

I have to say gsp, Connor was a huge fw the move to lw was basically him moving to his natural weight class. Gsp is big but was never 185 big, conor kept fighting people the same size. Gsp made a more major move in opponents size.

Of course GSP used the one eye to his advantage. Everyone thinks he is this great guy and boy scout, I don’t believe it for a second. he came back for a winnable fight (l love Bisping but he is not GSP level even 15 pounds up) and exploited the weakness he had. Not impressive.

Conor beating Eddie as soundly as he did was much more impressive, i thought Eddie had the edge and was the bigger more powerful guy. Even though I desilke Conor, got to give him his props.

1 Like

Eddie’s win vs RDA was a fluke. He landed a hail mary punch. Kudos to him, but if they fought 10 times, I’d favor RDA most of the time.

1 Like

A Hail Mary punch? Maybe I remember it wrong but I thought eddie dominated him for all 5 rounds to win a UD lol

I think people really sleep on how tough a matchup Bisping was for wrestlers. The best offensive wrestler in MW history was Chael Sonnen. Bisping gave him absolute hell and arguably won that fight. GSP beating him was a big deal and hugely impressive. (Also, Tim Kennedy doesn’t get enough credit for his wins over Roger and Bisping).

It was a first round Tko dude lol

3 Likes

Who else besides GSP fought Bisping knowing he was blind in one eye and exploited that fact?

Smart move by GSP for sure, but also a huge advantage.

Did Georges know that?

Earlier in this thread I posted the JRE where GSP details how in training he drilled targeting Mike’s left side and how the left hook was key.

1 Like