Conor v Cerrone is a mistake

This fight will be the beginning of the end for Conor regardless of outcome. Cerrone has many more ways to beat McGregor than his fanbois wanna admit. If a "journeyman" fighter beats Conor forget about the allure that is Conor McGregor or the hype of a Conor fight down the line.

Cowboy has a lot of tools. Thats why he is who he is. 

Conor is a very very bad match up for him how ever. 

The only thing conor has against cowboy is the mental game, we seen how cowboy crumbled after the shit talk from nate.

Dad cowboy seems very different and I think he beats conor everywhere..

Ageed that this is a bad match up for the poster boy. 

If he loses this he only has the Diaz remat h left. 

I'm not even saying like necessarily in terms of Conor's win loss record. I'm saying as a business move it's the wrong fight to make right now when you consider how dangerous it is and also how lackluster it will be. Its simply not necessary. 

If you follow Conor you’d know he’s in prime fighting shape right now, hungry much more motivated and ripped then going into the Khabib fight, with that said it’ll still be a hell of a fight make it happen Dana ! 

There have been a lot of alleged bad matchups for Conor. Aldo. Alvarez. Both Nate fights. Mendez. But he fought and overcame. Donald wants a money fight. Conor wants an relatively easy fight that will generate hype. But Donald isn’t an easy fight if the best Donald shows up. Cerrone has a history of folding in big fights. So we’ll see. 

Conor should fight Dennis Siver next.

Lol @ Cowboy being an easy fight...is he not proven?

Is this at 155?

No. Its a grizzled gate keeper,prob the best ever going against a former champ.. a test to fight for the gold

Winner takes all.

Pill Cosby -

I'm not even saying like necessarily in terms of Conor's win loss record. I'm saying as a business move it's the wrong fight to make right now when you consider how dangerous it is and also how lackluster it will be. Its simply not necessary. 

Conor needs a comeback fight,Cowboy needs a shot at the strap.

WHAT else is there?

It’s the easiest matchup available for Conor if they expect him to fight a big name. Masvidal and Nate exposed how bad cowboy is against a good boxer and I guarantee the ufc see’s it the same way. 

Truth is, McGregor is on his way out regardless of who he fights. He clearly wasn’t ready for Khabib and he seems way more interested in selling whiskey than he does training. You can’t sit out 2 years and then just have a 8 week camp and fight the top guys. It requires year round training and using camps to work on a game plan specific to your opponent. That’s clearly a time commitment that Conor is no longer interested in making.

Pill Cosby - 

This fight will be the beginning of the end for Conor regardless of outcome. Cerrone has many more ways to beat McGregor than his fanbois wanna admit. If a "journeyman" fighter beats Conor forget about the allure that is Conor McGregor or the hype of a Conor fight down the line.

More Like Conor might end Cowboy’s career… This is a match up made to make Conor look like a world beater.

What i think your missing is yes Cerrone's a tough out and a great fighter, but the other choises are worse. Kabib again? Hard to believe it ends differently. Ferg like Cerone is good for Conor matchup wise but his unreal cardio and ability to take punishment and come back are top notch. Max would be tougher than the other two, his standup is much better and he's good on the ground to. You could go with lesser opponents but it would be a harder fight to sell. Cerrone is the 'saftest' name fighter for Conor. Yes its a risk even more so as it dosen't seem like he trains as much as he parties. He just can't walk in and beat guys at this level and weight class.

jpm995 -

What i think your missing is yes Cerrone's a tough out and a great fighter, but the other choises are worse. Kabib again? Hard to believe it ends differently. Ferg like Cerone is good for Conor matchup wise but his unreal cardio and ability to take punishment and come back are top notch. Max would be tougher than the other two, his standup is much better and he's good on the ground to. You could go with lesser opponents but it would be a harder fight to sell. Cerrone is the 'saftest' name fighter for Conor. Yes its a risk even more so as it dosen't seem like he trains as much as he parties. He just can't walk in and beat guys at this level and weight class.

Yeah i agree every contender fight atm is dangerous but even if he gets destroyed against a top 5 guy there is the storyline that hes working his way back to the title and the ratings will be consistent, he can rebound. With Cerrone its like Khabib said its the equivalent of fighting the town drunk. Hes a journeyman fighter who will never be champ and he has a corny redbull, weekend warrior gimmick to compensate for being lame but at the same time he is dangerous. Losing does nothing for Conor and neither does winning really. He's better off fighting Furgeson and losing imo.

I feel that cowboy is bigger and stronger. At least that is what I see in my mind. I could be mistaken. But I for one want to see Diaz fight him again. Always fun and it’s nice to see the fighters get massive paydays! 

SuperMann -

I feel that cowboy is bigger and stronger. At least that is what I see in my mind. I could be mistaken. But I for one want to see Diaz fight him again. Always fun and it’s nice to see the fighters get massive paydays! 

I was a fan of Cerrone when he fought in the wec. The minute he stepped into the cage with Nate he lost his soul imo. Then he started his little extreme sports mt dew gimmick and he corned himself tf out. Its unbearable. Now any time he fights his way up to the belt he chokes because he doesn't really want the belt that bad. It's impossible for me to give a fuck about his career when he fights randos every other weekend for 50k/50k and zero title chasing ambition.

Conor has 2 main weakness.

Elite Wrestlers

Guys who can take his punches like nothing and out cardio him.

I don’t think Cowboy can wrestle fuck Conor, and i do think he will get hurt badly by Conor’s power.

Conor is a terrible match up for cerrone, goes down just like the second Dos Anjos fight. Love Cowboy but his latest wins have made people forget hes lost 4 of 7 and his career has had this pattern of building momentum and then running into a train. 

With that said its a potentially dangerous fight because if Cerrone wins, Conor is toast. 

Cowboy is the easiest fight with the biggest name for Conor... as far as losing to a journeyman, he lost to Nate Diaz lol it’s already happened. 

Conor just wants $$$ he doesn’t REALLY care about getting a belt back. Cowboy just wants to fight and make $$$ too at the end of the day. It’s a great fight. Current conor doesn’t beat the top guys so Cowboy is probably the BEST fight they could make