Cormier Predicts Jon Jones Won’t Win Heavyweight Title

Solid…sure.

“Great,great”… I have my doubts.
He just doesn’t get cracked a lot. I think Machida landed one IIRC.

That’s the only one I remember. A middleweight karate guy made him run away, imagine what a heavyweight would do.

3 Likes

What makes you think he will be OFF peds? He took peds at LHWT and now he is way bigger and sill jacked.

I would think he used peds to bulk up with muscle if anything.

Jones is not going to change after so many years of his behaviour.

Michael Bisping believes Daniel Cormier’s rivalry with Jon Jones is “skewing” his judgement

“He (Cormier) came out today and made a statement that said, ‘Jon Jones will never become the heavyweight champion…’ I think I gotta disagree with Daniel Cormier here,” said Bisping. “Because he does know him, and because they have that history, and because they don’t like one another, I believe that maybe that’s skewing the judgment of DC just a little bit here.”

Jon’s chin has never been tested, he has know idea what its like getting hit by someone like franny. Can’t wait to see him get koed in the ring and what the jj nut huggers making excuses.
He felt the pressure of lhw contenders coming up and bailed. Imo

1 Like

He also could (and IMO should have) moved up to HW a long time ago.

IMO he was waiting for that crop of killers to either retire or hit the wall.

Yeah Machida caught him pretty good.

5 Likes

What a blitz that was. Jones didn’t know what was going on. Machida really leaning forward helped a lot since Jones always leans back to get out of range.

1 Like

I feel like he could have thrown a kick or a knee there near the end of the gif.

• Right before getting choked unconscious and dropped on his face
3 Likes

People questioning Jones’ toughness is weird. He’s been in situations where we’ve seen him tired, hurt, bleeding, and in desperate need of winning the 5th round to keep his title….and he’s done it. That’s more than you can say for a LOT of champions.

We’ve seen champions gas and quit, get hurt and quit, NEED a 5th round and simply shy away and go defensive and let themselves get beaten. Jon has never failed that test.

1 Like

The man beat his wife, bloody, in front of their children. Fuck him. Take his spoiled ass to Skid Row and let him see what life is really like. He’s a pussy and a punk.

Exactly this.

Jones had a length advantage on just about everyone until Gustafsson, which was his first close fight.

Second fight he dominated though. But still though, the question is, can he keep Ngannou at bay with eyepokes and knee kicks or does Nganou charge forward and swing for the fences?

Jon is giving up his greatest advantage moving to heavyweight. I dont think it;'s a good move for him. Just like Izzy vs Jan.

Jon was once the best wrestler and GnP’er in the game. Lately, seems like he lost that. Couldnt get Reyes down. Reyes’ background was what? Football player? Not elite wrestler.

Francis is bigger and stronger than Reyes. I’d pick Ngannou to flatline Jones as the most likely outcome. But I could be wrong. Jon is certaintly the more skilled and smarter athlete. Ngannou just has that insane power.

Still want to see what happens. But think Jon should have just retired and saved his legacy as the GOAT. Young Jones is the best to ever do it IMO.

Fedor is the GOAT.

Jones hasn’t fought at HW, despite being perfectly capable of doing so.

Jones isn’t a fighter’s fighter.
He’s legacy driven, not competition driven.

Cormy is also jelly of the Ls

He’s trained with guys like Shane Carwin and Alistair Overeem.
I’m pretty sure he has an idea of what it’s like to get hit, hard.
What do you think? He just sits around until it’s time to fight, walks in the cage and demolishes guys and leaves?
Jones has done a lot of dumb shit in his real life, but people who hate on Jones INSIDE the cage are a trip

Jones will definitely not do well at heavyweight.

One thing fight fans usually fail to contemplate is how big a factor that pure physical strength plays. You always hear about technique, footwork, head movement, blah blah blah. Strength is a huge factor. This is likely a by product of all the dorks who bought the BS Gracie marketing scam.

Jon will be at a big disadvantage strengthwise against whoever the heavyweight champ is. I don’t care how much weight he puts on, all he’s doing is making himself slower and more prone to gassing hard.

1 Like