Cormier says Fedor Emelianenko would've been 'average at best' in the UFC during late 2000s

He won ufc gold and defended it twice. That’s better than Mr. 1-3 in Strikeforce ever did :sob::sob:

1 Like

Yep… Defending the PRIDE HW belt 3 times (retained 1) and winning the HW GP is not as good as defending the UFC belt twice. You’re a fucking clown, go to flint and drink a few gallons of the water.

6 Likes

Nah I only drink the best of the best

1 Like

Pull down your shorts fag. You wear short shorts.

3 Likes

Fedor is GOAT , but DC is up there:

1 Like

Fedor isn’t the GOAT not because he had fights where his opponents took dives, he isn’t the GOAT because Stipe, Khabib and Francis Ngannou exist.

His fights that had the highest likelihood of being fake are his freak show fights/fights against pro wrestlers where he was A. Made out to be a destroyer of giants and B. Was likely being bet on to beat them in a predetermined amount of time OR in a predetermined fashion. I mean, if you were mobbed up, why would you tell fighters to take dives if you weren’t planning on cashing in on them at the bookies or with private bettors?

You would. It was basically the whole point.

And to Igor: I can tell this means a lot to you. You should probably sit this one out seeing as you can’t have a real conversation about anything Pride related without trying to derail it.

Screw the average at best part, he would have been above average obviously. I just think it’s accurate to state that Fedor wouldn’t clean house in the UFC post-2010. We know he lost three in a row once he got to Strikeforce. A UFC run wouldn’t have been much different. JDS would have killed him. Ubereem too.

Edit: The problem is you guys all love Fedor and look at things thru biased, rose tinted glasses. I simply look at metrics, trends and probabilities. With those three things in mind, it’s clear to see who had the highest likelihood of winning in those types of fights.

Hint: it wasn’t Fedor.

1 Like

I wish randleman was alive to talk about the sakuraba fight now. That was some fuckery and I’m a sakuraba shill. I think Randleman would be ok spilling the beans in 2021 these days especially if there were some paid interviews.

I think pretty soon we’re going to start seeing a wave of old school nhb/mma guys doing “shoot” interviews like pro wrestling in the late 2000’s where we’re going to find out what really went on in training, backstage and what guys actually thought of each other, shady business, works, sex/pedo stuff and all that jazz.

1 Like

JDS knocks his head off. Cain mauls him very violently like he did to Antonio Silva. Pre death bed Brock does to fedor what he did to Mir in the rematch

1 Like

Fedor would have absolutely beat cormier in his prime.

Fedor had better submissions and transitions.
More speed and power.

Way better standup.

More explosive.

Bigger and stronger.

Cormier have better mma wrestling but even that is not for certain.

Ha was a natural. If he was in his prime today you dont think he would adapt to a modern game? He would be as savage as he was back in 2004.

Dont forget.

Fedor beat how many ufc champs in his undefeated run?

Average huh.

He deserves respect.

3 Likes

Fedor never beat someone as good as DC. He never fought someone Who is as good a wrestler as DC is

1 Like

Different time, different era. If they both were in their prime today fedor would be better.

Idk about Brock, but I think a Strikeforce/early UFC DC does the same. DC moved forward and put on the pressure, which is the same thing Bigfoot Silva did to Fedor in their fight. And we all know how that one ended.

Fedor couldn’t handle him moving forward, got put on the back foot, against the cage and eventually on the canvas and into full mount.

Now I’m not saying DC would have gotten Fedor into full mount (because Bigfoot was much larger and had the BJJ), but he very well could have gotten into side control and got top control on a gassed and battered Fedor.

If we’re taking prime Fedor vs prime DC, Fedor could have very well beaten DC in the stand up. And even then* DC had a chance.

But if we’re dealing in reality aka when and where they could have fought (Strikeforce/UFC), I’d put my money on DC only because the biased fans and UGers would have moved the line so hard in Fedor’s favor DC would be a giant dog.

Maybe he wouldn’t be, considering Fedor had already dropped three straight prior to them having any opportunity to fight.

Regardless, DC had the exact style that would have and already did beat Fedor in Strikeforce: grappling + pressure.

Edit: that’s how you analyze fights/match ups when you’re trying to be unbiased and not a bitch boy Fedor superfan. No offense to you in particular, Vegito.

May every time someone brings up Kevin Randleman or Mark Coleman

1 Like

Those are DC’s words. I think he would have gotten wrecked if he went to the UFC. Which is crazy for anyone to dispute.

We saw what happened to him in Strikeforce.

And it wasn’t good.

How many years after his prime was this? He had hundreds of fights before this in different martial arts.

What are you trying to say, that Fedor was better in Pride than in Strikeforce? Shocker!

Ofcourse he was. Are you trying to say he wasn’t?

No, hence the ‘Shocker!’