Cormier won that 50-45

What fight was everyone watching? Maybe MAYBE Gus won that round where he floored Cormier (personally I think it was too little too late).

Cormier was stalking Gus down the entire fight while Gus broke all running records in UFC history. He busted Gus up good.

Just another instance of me coming home confident in how a fight went down and then seeing Bizzaro World accounts online.

Lmao, almost gets completely finished in the 3-0, yet wins the round? Glad you're not a judge. It was either 48-47 or 49-46 Cormier, imo. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Lmao, almost gets completely finished in the 3-0, yet wins the round? Glad you're not a judge. It was either 48-47 or 49-46 Cormier, imo. Phone Post 3.0

Watch it again. DC was dropped and he recovered within less than 10 seconds.

I'd score the 3rd round 10-10, so 50-46 Cormier.

Honestly, the argument for a 50-45 fight is stronger than any argument for a Gus win.. but it wasn't a 50-45 fight. I personally thought it was 49-46 but would have understood 48-47.

Cormier constantly stalked Gusta the entire fight = aggression. Gus spent more time turning and running from exchanges than any title challenger in recent memory (no dis.. he had Cormier swinging at him)

Cormier stuffed more takedowns and landed more of his own = octagon control

Cormier was busier, throwing almost 100 more strikes throughout the fight.

Cormier landed more strikes, out-striking Gus 4 of 5 rounds.

Cormier landed more leg kicks.

Cormier landed more body shots.

Cormier landed more strikes in the clinch.

Cormier landed more strikes on the ground.

Cormier won the fight.

mada - 
Brabatross - I'd score the 3rd round 10-10, so 50-46 Cormier.

Technically would be 9-9. Cormier would have won 10-9 and the knockdown takes away a point from him. So much arguing on here about scoring and most don't even know how the scoring system works. So 48-46 imo

Are you serious or joking with that correction?

wiggum -
mada - 

Technically would be 9-9. Cormier would have won 10-9 and the knockdown takes away a point from him. So much arguing on here about scoring and most don't even know how the scoring system works. So 48-46 imo

Are you serious or joking with that correction?
I hope that person is joking lol Phone Post 3.0

49-46 DC from where I was sitting, could possibly give Gus another round for a 48-47 but DC clearly won the fight. Christ knows where a 48-47 for Gus came from.

Guess Doug Crosby was in the house.

mada - The most widely used scoring system since the mid-twentieth century is the "10-point must system", so named because a judge "must" award ten points to at least one fighter each round (before deductions for fouls). Most rounds are scored 10-9, with 10 points for the fighter who won the round, and 9 points for the fighter the judge believes lost the round. If a round is judged to be even, it is scored 10-10. For each knockdown in a round, the judge deducts an additional point from the fighter knocked down, resulting in a 10-8 score if there is one knockdown or a 10-7 score if there are two knockdowns. If the referee instructs the judges to deduct a point for a foul, this deduction is applied after the preliminary computation. So, if a fighter wins a round, but is penalized for a foul, the score changes from 10-9 to 9-9. If that same fighter scored a knockdown in the round, the score would change from 10-8 in his favor to 9-8.

Read the last line, am I misinterpreting this, sorry and I'm an idiot if I am.

Yeah: You're misinterpreting it.

Unified rules of MMA have no specific scoring formula for knockdowns - there are no deductions that come from it.

The last part of the section you quoted is about penalties.

In a 10 points must system, which the UFC uses, at least one person "must" get 10 points. Thus, a normal round is 10-9, but 10-10, 10-8, and 10-7 are all possible. This is not the case, however, when there is a penalty. When there is a penalty, you score the round normally and then simply subtract a point from the penalized person's score.

A round that is a draw and has no penalty points will ALWAYS be 10-10 regardless of whether there was 10 knockdowns or zero.

mada -

No - technically it would be 10-10 as they use a "10 point must" system. Phone Post 3.0

watchin in slo mo now

dc 1

dc 2

gus 3

arguements could be made for either guy to win r 2 and 3. i'll be back later with my asessment of 4 and 5

ranier wolfcastle - 

watchin in slo mo now

dc 1

dc 2

gus 3

arguements could be made for either guy to win r 2 and 3. i'll be back later with my asessment of 4 and 5

Rounds 2-4 were close. Rounds 1 and 5 weren't.

A Gus victory requires him being given all three close rounds.

mada - 
wiggum - 
mada - The most widely used scoring system since the mid-twentieth century is the "10-point must system", so named because a judge "must" award ten points to at least one fighter each round (before deductions for fouls). Most rounds are scored 10-9, with 10 points for the fighter who won the round, and 9 points for the fighter the judge believes lost the round. If a round is judged to be even, it is scored 10-10. For each knockdown in a round, the judge deducts an additional point from the fighter knocked down, resulting in a 10-8 score if there is one knockdown or a 10-7 score if there are two knockdowns. If the referee instructs the judges to deduct a point for a foul, this deduction is applied after the preliminary computation. So, if a fighter wins a round, but is penalized for a foul, the score changes from 10-9 to 9-9. If that same fighter scored a knockdown in the round, the score would change from 10-8 in his favor to 9-8.

Read the last line, am I misinterpreting this, sorry and I'm an idiot if I am.

Yeah: You're misinterpreting it.

Unified rules of MMA have no specific scoring formula for knockdowns - there are no deductions that come from it.

The last part of the section you quoted is about penalties.

In a 10 points must system, which the UFC uses, at least one person "must" get 10 points. Thus, a normal round is 10-9, but 10-10, 10-8, and 10-7 are all possible. This is not the case, however, when there is a penalty. When there is a penalty, you score the round normally and then simply subtract a point from the penalized person's score.

A round that is a draw and has no penalty points will ALWAYS be 10-10 regardless of whether there was 10 knockdowns or zero.

Ok thanks and I'll admit that I thought they used the same 10 point must as boxing. I think I'm right if the same thing occurred in boxing but maybe I don't know anything about how to score either one lol. VU for the clarification

Respect.

I had 49-46 Cormier.

49-46 DC imho

There's an argument for 50-45. 

I gave Gus 2 and 3 even though he was losing rd. 2 pretty handily before and after the knockdown.

Balance - I gave Gus 2 and 3 even though he was losing rd. 2 pretty handily before and after the knockdown.

I'm going to add that I'm not sure which other round the minority opinion judge gave to Gus either. Great fight, lots of close rounds, but I couldn't see it any other way but for Cormier.

fuck off

49-46, Daniel Cormier

Alex won round 4, maybe.

Split decision blew my mind, and I was hoping for a new champ