Cory Sandhagen vs. Marlon ‘Chito’ Vera

Cory Sandhagen and Marlon “Chito” Vera are expected to clash in a key matchup in the bantamweight division as the main event for the upcoming UFC Fight Night card scheduled on Feb. 18.

The matchup was officially announced Friday.

With an 8-3 record in the UFC, Sandhagen has been near the top of the 135-pound division for a big part of his career with the promotion. The 30-year-old veteran holds wins over names such as Marlon Moraes, Frankie Edgar, John Lineker and Raphael Assuncao.

Most recently, Sandhagen bounced back from two straight losses when he earned a TKO victory over Song Yadong in a headline fight this past September.

As for Vera, he’ll look to build on his own four-fight win streak as he continues making his way up the bantamweight rankings. In his most recent outing, Vera earned a vicious fourth round knockout over ex-UFC champion Dominick Cruz.

Overall, Vera has gone 10-2 in his past 12 fights with his only losses coming to Song and Jose Aldo.

1 Like

That could be good, or it could be boring. But I’m hoping it will be good.

1 Like

#4 vs. #5

Guess it makes sense. I feel like they fought before, but I guess it’s because this match up has been rumored for a while.

Favoring Chito by decision.

1 Like

Great Fight

1 Like

Sandhagen a sizeable favorite at this early stage:

Weird choice, Chito vs. O’Malley rematch and Yan vs. Dvalishvili seemed obvious. Sandhagen has some key losses as of late, I’d have rather him taken a back seat and fought Ricky Simon

This is dangerous fight for Chito. Sandhagen is a killer when he shows up. He’s been off for a few fights so this one could be the one he demolishes Chito and steals the wind from his sails.

2 Likes

Man, the UFC does not want Chito to win the belt. What does he have to do to get a title shot???

7 Likes

Beat someone who is ranked in the top 5?

2 Likes

Fuck the UFC for even putting Chito in this fight when the rematch with O’Malley was the clear fight to make.

Honestly sickening how the UFC protect their prized poodles. I’m guessing they want to make this a main event and were scared to death to have O’Malley headline a five rounder against Chito.

2 Likes

They might be scared to lose their cash cow. They almost lost it after the loss to Yan.

O Malley will be backup fighter for title fight

That’s fucking insane to be honest. Chito will DESTROY Cory

2 Likes

If they were scared to lose their “cash cow” they wouldn’t have put him up against Yan.

Great fight, would’ve preferred Chito vs O’malley but i’m not mad at this.

2 Likes

That was the point. After his fight with yan, they may be even more protective of Suga.

The UFC is pushing hard for O’Malley to get the belt. He fast tracked in to the Yan figh which was a win win for the company. If he lost they could chalk it up to he wasnt ready yet. But he won so is now in the title picture.
O’Malley captures a younger segment of fans that the UFC really wants: the younger viewers.
A fight with Chito severely endangers the UFC’s Suga title hopes.
I feel like Vera deserved the push over O’Malley but its not surprising the plan has gone the way its gone

Or just rig the judging

Just got moved

It’ll embed eventually. Whenever it decides to