Cory Sandhagen vs. Marlon ‘Chito’ Vera

wait till a guy loses and then kick him while hes down classic american jerkoff mentality

Yeah what an idiot.

It’s weird how everyone is so quick to shit on a guy that loses but give zero compliments to the guy that wins impressively.

“Man that guy really sucked, I guess he fell asleep in there!”

“”He didn’t even show up, anyone could have beaten him tonight!”

All the while completely ignoring anything positive to take away from the fight. What a bunch negative nancies

The fight was great.

2 Likes

It doesn’t show replies half the time on here, but my post was in reply to the guy who said he’s glad he didn’t watch it because everyone is writing that it sucked. I was noting to him that it didn’t suck as much as they are saying (meaning Sandhagen looked good). Those disappointed were just expecting too much from Vera, thinking he had the skills to run through Sandhagen.

1 Like

Chito’s corner was also terrible.

Strongly disagree with all the praise the commentary team was giving his corner, his cornerman was whining the entire time to Chito and begging him to pick up the pace. Like I understand you being disapointed in your fighter but ffs don’t let it show in your voice, his cornerman basically turned into a Karen complaining to a manager from rounds 2-5.

Having said that … Chito was terrible.

3 Likes

Baffling that corners rarely say basically
“the strategy is not working. We are way behind. We must take wild chances, throw spinning shit, flying knees, flying arm bars & scissor takedowns… that way we have a tiny chance to win, and failing that… at least we’ll be exciting.”

Instead when guys are getting mauled and just too tired to land anything most corners say
“Work the body & pop that jab.”

That’s fine advice if it’s close, but when u are essentially already beaten it’s time to pull a Ryo Chonan out your ass.

2 Likes

Sandhagen won every round on my card

5 Likes

So did Andrea Lee over barber

3 Likes

Chito is a good fighter but clearly couldn’t get started for some reason last night. Sandhagen Did just about everything you could ask imo except finish. He didn’t look to coast against a guy who is dangerous in every minute of the bout.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion, I’ve always felt Parillo was a garbage cornerman.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I agree. Sandhagen landed just about every strike in the book, was constantly on the attack, took Chito down and elbowed his face in, clinched him…. Just constant pressure and offense. I was actually surprised he didn’t slow down at all, his focus never waned, he was razor sharp the entire fight. As you mentioned he never really took his foot off the gas against a very dangerous guy. Really fucking impressive.

3 Likes

I don’t understand judging or where they find these so-called judges.

I had it 50 - 45 Chito

5 Likes

That was obvious bullshit

2 Likes

I’m so glad I didn’t watch this fight live. I was able to fast forward through parts of it and yeah the fight was dog shit

Fight was not dog shit, Just very average for the excitement aspect. Sandhangen’s movements were crazy good, and he did land some good shots. Vera never really got into fight mode until round 5. That was weird, But Cory is tough to hit!

What was dogshit was the judge giving the W to Vera! WTF was he watching?

1 Like

I cannot say I am familiar with his corner advice but yesterday was so bad.

Your guy just got punched on the face 30x and put on his back with no answer and with the whiniest voice you ask him:

*What’s going on? *

Why are you doing this?

Don’t bum me out know

Like … wtf mang, your guy is probably concussed, against a better overall fighter and losing and you are gonna turn this into a McDonalds job interview? Fuck off with that noise, either give him direct instructions or get mad and pump him up !

1 Like

Wrong, and nobody is saying that lol

It was a good fight, Chito did not fight a good fight but Sandhagen did. Judging was bad as always.

If she fed me a shit sandwich then yes

I’m glad we agree.