Cote fought well -- UGers are dumb

I should be amazed by the idiocy surrounding the Cote fight, but given it's the UG, I'm not really all that surprised.

Cote was clearly the aggressor in that fight. He was moving forward, throwing shots, cutting off the Octagon. Hell, my boy even went for a takedown.

Conversely, Anderson was fighting to a gameplan as well. He was trying to get Cote to chase him, to open up to counters so that he could pick him apart from the outside and then move in for the kill. Patrick kept a cool head and didn't overextend.

How can an educated MMA fan say that Anderson was goofing around? Was that thundering knee a joke? How about the kick to the head that landed, and the ones that didn't? Was Anderson not really trying to grab Cote in the clinch? Was he not trying to GnP Cote when he got to the ground?

Guys: Cote had a gameplan and he was executing it: push forward, don;t over extend, cut off the ring, throw bombs when Anderson moves in. Anderson was trying to frustrate Cote and draw him in with his 'antics'.

As for the knee -- the UFC has to do something about the quality of the branding in the Octagon. This is not the first time a fighter has slipped on the marketing. You can clearly hear Cote's corner telling him to "forget about the knee". Cote hurt it in the second, threw one kick after the Bud Light slip and had trouble planting it after that.

There was a fat poseur watching the fight next to me. Fake gold chain with a name medallion, track suit, etc. When Cote went down with the knee, this guy went nuts, yelling at the screen, calling Cote all sorts of names, etc. It was actually embarrassing. This guy should have a UG account.

Great post from an educated fight fan. Nice

CRE: Actually, I did tell him to shut the f*ck up. Didn;t bother mentioning that part, as it has nothing to do with the fight. Shouldn't you be starting another anti GSP troll thread or something...?

Anderson disrespected Cote by not following the # rule of competition: compete to the best of your abilities.

Finally people with common sense.

Cote is the fighter who has performed the best in terms of stand up against Anderson Silva to date.

Did Cote land any strikes?

Yes he did

Square Saltine -  No Cote sucks, he didnt engage at all and he blew his ACL bouncing around like an idiot.

Cote didn't engage? LMAO! I think you guys love to hate Canadians, because Anderson was pulling a Kalib Starnes.

^ funniest post in at least 5 years

Well, it did look like he slipped on the logo... if so they really need to address that problem.

JayBRO - 
Square Saltine -  No Cote sucks, he didnt engage at all and he blew his ACL bouncing around like an idiot.

Cote didn't engage? LMAO! I think you guys love to hate Canadians, because Anderson was pulling a Kalib Starnes.

So if I walk up to you, but stay just out of range and kick you with my toes, I'm engaging you?

Cote stayed out of range and backed up real quick when Silva would come in. Silva was definitely more passive then usual, but Cote was the most skittish fighter's he's fought in a while. If he wasn't trying to do some karate kid fairy hop he wouldn't have blown out his acl. then he could have gone to sleep in the fifth and made everyone happy.

i blame cote's acl

A UGer who has actually fought in the UFC (Lauzon?) mentioned once that the advertisements were actually the stickiest part of the Octagon.

shrug

the final knee pop wasnt on the logo.

But if it had been, what Awesome advertising for Bud Light, who just happened to start sponsoring Anderson Silva.

Bud Light by Tonya Harding Knee Attack!!!

People are shitting on cote for no reason. The guy did exactly what he should have from a gameplan perspective. Anderson on the other hand, was the one who was fucking around, and not taking the fight seriously.

Hey don't you know this is the UG? This is no place for logic and common sense.

I was impressed by cote, which is big coming from me cause I have despised him based on his past fights. I was expecting a repeat of Silva/Leben.

Here's the deal (at least imo):

Anderson wanted to entertain, get creative but also weary of the fact that Cote hits hard and has a tough chin and also so happened that Cote wasnt just gonna run in on him like Leben or throw huge wild shots like Hendo

Cote fought very smart - attentively but not overly aggressive nor did he let Anderson get too in control.....although it was also apparent that Cote really did not get close on any of his shots, most of his well would be selected attacks were a mile away - Cote did not penetrate Anderson's range at all

"Was that thundering knee a joke? How about the kick to the head that landed, and the ones that didn't? Was Anderson not really trying to grab Cote in the clinch? Was he not trying to GnP Cote when he got to the ground?"

Dont forget about that straight left outta nowhere, it landed flush but Cote just didnt buckle and react like a noob and get all retardedly out of control or panic.

joe canada - I should be amazed by the idiocy surrounding the Cote fight, but given it's the UG, I'm not really all that surprised.

Cote was clearly the aggressor in that fight. He was moving forward, throwing shots, cutting off the Octagon. Hell, my boy even went for a takedown.

Conversely, Anderson was fighting to a gameplan as well. He was trying to get Cote to chase him, to open up to counters so that he could pick him apart from the outside and then move in for the kill. Patrick kept a cool head and didn't overextend.

How can an educated MMA fan say that Anderson was goofing around? Was that thundering knee a joke? How about the kick to the head that landed, and the ones that didn't? Was Anderson not really trying to grab Cote in the clinch? Was he not trying to GnP Cote when he got to the ground?

Guys: Cote had a gameplan and he was executing it: push forward, don;t over extend, cut off the ring, throw bombs when Anderson moves in. Anderson was trying to frustrate Cote and draw him in with his 'antics'.

As for the knee -- the UFC has to do something about the quality of the branding in the Octagon. This is not the first time a fighter has slipped on the marketing. You can clearly hear Cote's corner telling him to "forget about the knee". Cote hurt it in the second, threw one kick after the Bud Light slip and had trouble planting it after that.

There was a fat poseur watching the fight next to me. Fake gold chain with a name medallion, track suit, etc. When Cote went down with the knee, this guy went nuts, yelling at the screen, calling Cote all sorts of names, etc. It was actually embarrassing. This guy should have a UG account.

Joe Canada is spot on.

DWray - A UGer who has actually fought in the UFC (Lauzon?) mentioned once that the advertisements were actually the stickiest part of the Octagon.

shrug

I remember reading that post also.

But if you re watch, he slides completely across the logo regaining his footing only after clearing the entire logo. He even slips in the same spot right before throwing the kick with the opposite foot. Bud light logo FTW! We need a GIF...

im not actually a silva fan really but he USED cote.