Could Brock Lesnar mount Cormier and GNP him?

Didn't Angle pretty much toys with Brock? Olympians are on another level.

FrancisDingo'dMyHonesty - 

And there's dispute here about the level of WWE wrestlers. I don't know Angle ever toy'd with Brock (perhaps you can post a link about the toying?) but certainly the talent over there when it comes to cage fighting is nothing to smirk at.

Vegito Blue -
ThinkMMA -
Vegito Blue -

UFC 100 Brock Lesnar beats everyone other than Cain Velasquez. He beats Fedor JDS Overeem JBJ everyone 

All those guys light him up. Pride Sergei lights him up too. I think Josh Barnett gets him as well. Most overrated fighter if you ask me. 

No they don't 

How many wrestlemanias have you been to?

Billyz - Roided to the gills he is a scary guy but knowing what we know about his aversion to being hit I think DC would beat him handidly. DC would also probably train a shit ton of wrestling considering the opponent which would make it a very tough proposition for Lesnar.

Very true on all accounts.  

We now know that Brock can't take a punch and would rather pirouette than take a punch or two and D.C. (knowing this) would be a virtual nonstop punching machine.  

OCMikey - Jesus. Would love to see this fight. Hadn't even thought of it before now.

I know! They're arguing and I'm thinking it would be amazing regardless who wins and I must be dumb for not ever considering it before....I'd actually like to see it a few times, it's pretty damn intriguing! The Ultimate technique vs strength battle... but DC could possibly box him up... 

Yes. Lesnar had high chance of doing this to any man on this planet. Moving on...

Brock gets mauled.

SinCityHustler - 

And there's dispute here about the level of WWE wrestlers. I don't know Angle ever toy'd with Brock (perhaps you can post a link about the toying?) but certainly the talent over there when it comes to cage fighting is nothing to smirk at.

Dispute about the level of WWE wrestlers?

That makes no sense. Angle's an Olympic Gold Medalist. Period. Regardless of his WWE time, he still won it.

And there's no dispute of the outcome. Literally every account of it I read has said that Angle beat Brock.

That being said, Olympians ARE on another level, and I don't think Brock can reliably take down DC, especially in a MMA situation. Brock would be trim (for him anyway) at 265, and DC wouldn't have to cut any weight. Brock was at his big WWE size for his "session" was Angle, which was 300-315.

FrancisDingo'dMyHonesty -

Not according to Kurt. Kurt did end up pinning him but he said it was far from easy. 

BiggGunn - 
SinCityHustler - 

That makes no sense. Angle's an Olympic Gold Medalist. Period. Regardless of his WWE time, he still won it.

And there's no dispute of the outcome. Literally every account of it I read has said that Angle beat Brock.

That being said, Olympians ARE on another level, and I don't think Brock can reliably take down DC, especially in a MMA situation. Brock would be trim (for him anyway) at 265, and DC wouldn't have to cut any weight. Brock was at his big WWE size for his "session" was Angle, which was 300-315.

I agree, makes no sense to me either. Just look at what Brock did to the UFC division and some say Angle beat Brock in a wrestling match (Brock's main strength in dismantling his UFC opposition). Whether this happened or not is besides the point, Angle as an Olympic champion clearly would have been a nightmare for UFC opponents, if healthy.

I'm with you on this, but it doesn't stop the very insecure UFC fan base from claiming otherwise.

What about Neil Melanson vs Brock Lesnar in a grappling match? Or Barnett v Brock? Or Melanson v Barnett? Someone call Chael to get this on SUG

Caught_clean - Has cormier ever been held down for more then a couple seconds? Even Jones couldn't.

You are correct, but Lesnar has about 50-70lbs on Jones and has much better top control.

Brock would have a solid chance of making the olympic team if timing had worked out better.

BiggGunn -
SinCityHustler - 

Angle as a pure wrestler is much better and quicker than DC.

leifdawg - 

Brock would have a solid chance of making the olympic team if timing had worked out better.

This is very doubtful. In Brock's era he had Stephen Neal gunning for world and Olympic glory. Stephen Neal won the world freestyle championship after defeating Brock for his 2nd NCAA championship. He was so good and so athletic, he then walked on to the New England Patriots and became their pro bowl starter on the offensive line. He played for years and won Suepr Bowls with New England.

That gave Neal (4th place california as a HS senior

2 NCAA titles
world freestyle champion
2 Super Bowls with the Patriots.

Brock would have been very hard pressed to make any USA team while Neal was around.

And then there was Kerry McCoy, the Penn State outstanding heavyweight who won an NCAA title and then knocked off Stephen Neal for the Olympic bid.

Brock was awesome. A man giant physical freak.

WWE Champ
UFC Champ
NCAA Champ
Vikings practice squad

But in terms of representing USA at heavyweight in freestyle, he didn't quite measure up to the biggest studs around back then.

Brock would have had a very small, remote chance of making the Olympic team.

And yet he still crushed UFC competition and rose to world #1 ranking, despite being terrified of being punched. He was that good, and Neal/McCoy were that much better.

SinCityHustler - 
leifdawg - 

This is very doubtful. In Brock's era he had Stephen Neal gunning for world and Olympic glory. Stephen Neal won the world freestyle championship after defeating Brock for his 2nd NCAA championship. He was so good and so athletic, he then walked on to the New England Patriots and became their pro bowl starter on the offensive line. He played for years and won Suepr Bowls with New England.

That gave Neal (4th place california as a HS senior

2 NCAA titles
world freestyle champion
2 Super Bowls with the Patriots.

Brock would have been very hard pressed to make any USA team while Neal was around.

And then there was Kerry McCoy, the Penn State outstanding heavyweight who won an NCAA title and then knocked off Stephen Neal for the Olympic bid.

Brock was awesome. A man giant physical freak.

WWE Champ
UFC Champ
NCAA Champ
Vikings practice squad

But in terms of representing USA at heavyweight in freestyle, he didn't quite measure up to the biggest studs around back then.

Brock would have had a very small, remote chance of making the Olympic team.

And yet he still crushed UFC competition and rose to world #1 ranking, despite being terrified of being punched. He was that good, and Neal/McCoy were that much better.

Bad timing is all.

Similar to Kyle Dake - an all-time great American wrestler who, as of now, hasn't made a national team.

Brock was a legit stud. He was just around at the same time as two other great HWs.

Relatedly, that's why Cormier never won an NCAA title despite being an incredible wrestler. He was there at the same time as Cael. Flo just posted a video of Hrovat and Cormier matching up at nationals. What an incredible display of technique: http://www.flowrestling.org/article/54485-from-the-vault-daniel-cormier-vs-andy-hrovat

Mocco made an Olympic team and I wonder how Brock may have done against him. I just don't believe Brock had the freestyle game to get it done against the elite. Another disadvantage Brock may have had is the weight class was smaller. They went 120 kg in 2008, and that really helped Mocco equalize the Cole Konrad size disadvantage he faced in the NCAA's where Konrad beat Mocco to capture nationals up at 285. Brock was a near 300 pound monster cutting to 285 and would have had to get down to 265 for an Olympic run. I can't see him getting by Mocco or Sigmund. Cole was not even a factor and iirc, he went greco and tried his luck there (unsuccessfully). <br /><br />What year would Lesnar had a good shot at the Olympics? And did he have any freestyle competition to speak of?

Also, Cormier only got knocked off at NCAA's by Cael a single time, his senior year. Cael wrestled a lower weight than Cormier did prior to that. Cormier not winning an NCAA title is only attributed to Cael a single season.

And then of course prior to Neal, there was Big Bruce.

The 4 time Olympic medalist (4 Olympiads) 15 world level medals and 2 Olympic championships

New York Athletic Club wrestler
Who's Who in American Universities and Colleges
President's Honor Roll, OSU and ISU
Dean's Honor Roll, OSU and ISU
Kappa Delta Pi (Educational Honorary)
Epsilon Pi Tau (Industrial Arts Honorary)
Graduated Cum Laude, ISU
Member Indiana State Industrial Arts Club, 1979-82
Selected one of NCAA's Top Five Award Winners
1982 NCAA Wrestling Champion, heavyweight
1984 Olympic Gold Medalist
1986 World Champion
1988 Olympic Silver Medalist
1992 Olympic Gold Medalist
1993 World Champion
1995 World Champion
1996 Olympic Bronze Medalist
Southland Olympia Award Winner
President's Award from Indiana State University
1986 USA Wrestler of the Year
Pennsylvania and Erie (PA) County Athlete Halls of Fame
Sports Fitness "Person of the Year" - Erie County Jaycees
1995 James E. Sullivan Award Winner-U.S. Top Amateur Athlete
One of 10 finalists for Sullivan Award -1986, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995
Amateur Male Athlete of April 1989 - United States Sports Academy
1989 Outstanding Young Men of America
Appointed to the Governor's Council for Sport and Physical Fitness
1990 Rave Award - Junior League of Erie
New York Athletic Club Hall of Fame
Amateur Male Athlete of April 1990 - United States Sports Academy
Merit Award 1989 - Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
1992 USA Wrestler of the Year
1992 USA Wrestling Man of the Year
1992, 1993 and 1994 US Olympic Committee Wrestler of the Year
1993 USA Wrestler of the Year
1997 EWL Wrestling Coach of the Year
1997 PSAC Wrestling Coach of the Year
1998 -2002 President of USAW
New Jersey Sports Hall of Fame
Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame
Distinguished Member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
Charter Member of the International Wrestling Federation Hall of Fame (FILA)

Throw in Tolly Thompson (World Bronze) and drawing a blank, the huge wrestler who fought in Pride (destroyed Randleman) he made a team or two as well. What an era!

Perhaps if Brock was around 30 years earlier? I really don't see anywhere he would have challenged for a USA Olympic team.

Fun topic

Pure wrestling DC won, but when Brock can start hitting you with those lunchboxes it's a different story. Brock gets on top it's over.

^^^^^Ufc 100 Brock not current day