Could DC win the heavyweight belt?

IIRC, the only reason why he left H.W was to get out of Cain's way. DC is more skilled overalk than any heavyweight out there, save for maybe Overeem. What do you think?

He'd be the favorite against Stipe, I think.

Yes.

Yes and he would be the favorite on the betting line no doubt.

Yup, think he can. 

Only thing that can possibly start to slow him down is age. Dudes 38. 

He was a powerhouse at HW

Yeah it's going to be interesting how the situation with Jones play's out but if DC gets past Jones (big if) he should ask for a HW title fight.

Guess a lot would depend on Cain and if he's champion or no1 contender.

Him versus Werdum would probably draw even on the betting lines.

He'd be a favorite over Stipe and Reem.

I am actually surprised he hasnt tried to get a HW title fight yet, to try to become a 2 division champ

If Cains done for a bit, book D.C. Vs Stipe/JDS and have Manuwa vs Gus/Glover for an interim interim title. Then there might be some buzz about D.C. stomping them when he goes back down

Yes, and he should.  He has a better chance of being champ for a longer stretch at HW than LHW with Jones coming back.  He should have called out Stipe in his post fight speech instead of giving any air time to Manuwa or Jones.  

His towel trick wouldn't be as useful in the heavyweight division

I would love to see DC vs Stipe. I would pick DC in that fight for sure.

TexDeuce - I would love to see DC vs Stipe. I would lick DC in that fight for sure.
That's gross bro

He will be hw champ but first things fucking last....Jon Jones must get shit together and receive his ass whooping

yes

BigTedBear - Yeah it's going to be interesting how the situation with Jones play's out but if DC gets past Jones (big if) he should ask for a HW title fight.

Guess a lot would depend on Cain and if he's champion or no1 contender.
I think he should go to HW if he DOESN'T get past Jones, not the other way around.

I think that Stipe would knock his ass out and so would JDS.  Rumble could've but he decided to wrestle and quit the sport. Stipe would hit him so hard, his fat ass would get a speeding ticket as he sped by the cops .

Aussie Shaun - of course he could.
did you follow his strikeforce heavyweight run?

Yes he looked good, but the best HW's around at the time were Cain, JDS, Werdum, and Overeem. And he didn't fight any of them. Hard to say where he was really at when he wasn't fighting the best guys.

Werdum is the toughest fight at HW for DC. 

Stipe knocks out cormier first round.